‹ Prequel: When I Met Ponyboy

I'll Be Your Runaway Girl

Chapter 3: Drunken Truths

Two-Bit

"Dally!"

Dallas was walking away fast out of my vision. He was up from passing out and making is way from me. I tried again.

"Dallas!"

He whirled, his face became a white form. "What, Two-Bit?"

"What the hell was that back there?"

Dallas was still very hungover and he only became paler as time passed as if he was going to be sick soon. Dallas gave a dark chuckle.

"I'm not sorry. I saw her first, you know. There you were off shagging Kathy when I was there for Kitt. She was so stuck on you. You gave her hope then you tore her down. I've been wanting to kiss her like that ever since we met. And then once I had her you came in and took her back again."

With every word I clenched my fists in rage. I hadn't seen Dallas ever show this much affection towards anything before. I was too proud and furious to say anything, I made my way back to the house, back to bed, back to Kitt.

"Where you goin.' Two-Bit? Are you goin' back to her? Are you goin' back to tell her what I said? Are you goin' to laugh bout all this? Laugh about how much of a fuck up I am?"

I felt something wet hit my back. He spat on me. The little shit spat on me. I thought about turning back. Teaching him a lesson. But what good would come of it if I fought back? Dallas and I have never fought before, especially over a girl. I have enough on my plate already with Kitt's stepfather. Just keep walking. Just keep walking.

"Hey, Two-Bit!"

Just keep walking.

"Do you know how much I've wanted her? How bad I wanted her in that dress?"

Keep walking.

"If you hadn't been there, I bet she wouldn't say no."

I stopped. This isn't the Dally I know. Sure, he can be hard but never like this. He'd never go after another buddy's girl. I got real close to his face, Our noses almost touching.

"Now you listen and you listen good, Dallas Winston. Kitt is not some whore you can claim for your own. She wouldn't stoop herself so low than to sleep with you."

With that I walked off, didn't look back, and went inside the house, tears strolling down my cheeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kitt

Two-Bit came in. It was starting to turn chilly and Two-Bit's ears turned pink from the cold.

"Love..." I called out to him. He stopped and turned toward me. "Are you alright, honey?"

He didn't say anything. He sat down, pulled me into his lap and buried his face into shoulder. Gently sobbing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bringing this back from the dead. Sorry guys.