Is Anything Meant to Be?

Something's happening....but What

The three of them just hung out and when their teacher saw them not doing any work, he came over to check. Lexi:” We’re done and we all have it written down as well. Feel free to check though.” He did and waked back to his desk with their papers, he put the grades in his book and gave them back. They put them away, and out of no where Edward asked to see her sketches. Lexi looked up at him nervously, but grabbed her book anyways. Lexi:” Thanks for saying that, I’ve made something for you both. Here!” She gave them the picture and they looked at it, Edward:” Whoa, this is remarkable.” Bella:” Yes it is, my god thank you Lexi. It’s beautiful.” The class was just about over, so they put their things away and left for lunch where they waited in line, then Bella looked at Lexi. Bella:” Come on, you’re sitting with us, you get to meet Edward’s brothers and sisters.” Edward could tell she was really nervous, but she didn’t want to go outside to site by herself. They walked over to the table and the moment they got there, Lexi saw the smallest most athletic looking of the girls get up and prance over to her, her name is Alice and she gave Lexi a hug, took her tray and put it on the table next to her and the one named Emmett. Lexi:” Um, hi!,” was all she managed to saw when Alice hugged her. Alice:” Hi LEXI!” Alice was overly excited or that’s what it seemed, Alice took her hand and walked her around the table introducing or telling Lexi their names. Alice:” This is Emmett, Rosalie and that one’s Jasper!” The all were nice and said Hi, and the moment they were getting closer to Jasper, Lexi’s mind just couldn’t stop…
~Lexi~
“Wow, they all seem so very nice. Please don’t bring me by the hot one…oh man, we’re getting closer and closer to him. Alice has always come off or seemed the cheery happy go lucky one of the bunch from what I’ve noticed. She seems like she could make any problem or situation seem like nothing. Rosalie always sortof comes off as the bitchy one. Hope I get to know them more to see if that’s how they really are”
Edward smiled and hid it but Bella noticed and asked him but he refused to say. He looked at Jasper with nothing but shock in his eyes. Edward:” If you will Excuse me, but I need to talk with Jasper outside for a moment. I just remembered there was something of importance he would like to discuss with me in private.” Edward cleared his tray followed by Jasper leaving and heading for outside. Lexi sat there eating a little and asked if anyone else was done, once they told her they were she grabbed their trays and cleared the table. She tripped a few times but luckily caught herself without making a mess. Emmett:” Looks like another klutz on our hands!,” he looked over at Bella who rolled her eyes with a smirk. Lexi came back to the table, pulled out her sketch pad and began drawing a quick sketch. Bella:” Oh that reminds me, look what Lexi made for Edward and I!” She passed it around the table and they looked at it, Emmett:” There’s no way you drew that!” Bella:” No Emmett, she really did. She’s actually really talented and great! Lex, why not show them your sketch book?” Lexi:” No he’s right, my work’s not that great and you wouldn’t like it anyways.” Rosalie:” Awe, the puny freak’s scared to show her pathetic artwork.” Lexi’s eyes shot right over to her and turned red with anger, but kept staring. Lexi(smirking):” Listen here bitchy one, just because no one looks like you and acts like they’re on a fucking pedestal like you where they’re acting all high and mighty, doesn’t mean they’re afraid of you. I sure as hell aren’t afraid of you in the least bit, and if I’m scared, you or whoever happens to be near me will be the first to know. But I’ve nothing to be scared of near you, I don’t care who you are. I’ve no problem standing toe to toe with you or dishing back what you dish out, the only factor is if you can handle it back or not. I don’t like my artwork much, and don’t let many people look at it, now…Got anything else you’d like to say?” Rosalie’s mouth dropped as did Bella’s, Lexi closed her eyes for a moment and all she heard was:” Oh my wow. NO one has ever really snapped back at me or stood up to me like she did. She did put me in my place, and you know what…she’s not scared or intimidated by me. I like that! But once she realizes what we are, I’m sure she’ll run or admit she’s scared,” Rosalie’s mind. Lexi looked at her after she shook her head, Lexi:” Um, how can you like the fact that someone snapped back at you and put you in your place? I don’t care what you are, I can and will bet that whatever you are if and when I’m told or find out, I won’t run and won’t be scared.” Alice looked at them curiously, Rosalie looked over at Alice shocked but then back at Lexi, Rosalie:” I didn’t say anything, (whispered to Alice and Emmett) Did I? I know I thought it, but I didn’t actually say it right?” They both shook their head no, and all looked at Lexi surprised yet scared. Lexi:” I’m sorry, I haven’t really been feeling good lately…”
Meanwhile, Jasper and Edward were outside in the woods talking. Edward:” How can you be sure?” Jasper:” The first day she came to school, all I could think about was how could I kill everyone in my way to get over to her and drink her. I could tell where she was without being in the same building as her. I’ve been doing good Edward, I’m not attracted to anyone’s blood here, that is until now. Her blood draws me and I’m doing everything I can right now, not to go in there kill everyone and get her. Or run in, grab her and run into the woods somewhere and bite her to taste her blood. Not to thirst on her per say but that’s part of it. I want her, NO I NEED HER…I can think right now that it’s just what you told us how you felt with Bella.” Edward:” So it’s true….she’s your BLOOD SINGER! We or you need to let Alice know, but I’m sure that’s what she saw and meant when she said you were going to change. You need to decide if you should leave and wait until she leaves here, or do what I’m doing.” Jasper looked into the cafeteria over at Lexi, then without even hesitating he looked right in Edward’s eyes and told him his answer. Jasper:” I don’t want to run, I don’t want her turned or killed because of me. I want to control myself so that I can protect her. I don’t care how hard it will be or it is, I NEED to be here and protect her. Will you be able to help me?” Edward told him he’d be happy to help him and they went back inside. The moment Edward sat down, he looked at Rose. She nodded and Edward looked over at Lexi, then at Alice who shook her head no. Edward(whispered):” She should come to our house and meet Carlisle soon. She’s not a threat or doesn’t seem like one, but she should speak her story to all of us.” Lexi’s ear twitched while he was whispering, but she didn’t pay attention to it and went back to her drawing. She went to her classes and at the end of school, ran into Bella who asked if she’d like to hang out again. Lexi:” Ya sure, I’d love to. I’ll be able to give your dad something I’ve been working on since lunch.” Bella:” Oh do I get to see, a little peak?” Lexi shook her head no with a smirk, and climbed into Bella’s truck.
Once they got to her house, she followed Bella inside to be greeted by Charlie. Charlie:” Hey Bells, oh and he Lexi. Good to see you again.” Lexi:” Hey Mr. Swan sir. Oh Mr. Swan, I had some free time in school today and worked on something for you! I hope you like them!” Lexi went into her bag and pulled out two pictures, the first one was two drawings one of Bella as a baby, the other was her now with writing on the bottom that said: Once your “BABY” girl, ALWAYS your “BABY” girl. Bella was standing behind him looking over his shoulder at the pictures Lexi made, the second picture was of her and Charlie and he just couldn’t help but turn his head to look at his BABY girl and smile. Charlie liked them both a lot, he stood up after placing them on the table momentarily and pulled Lexi into a hug. Charlie:” You’re like another daughter to me, you and Bells get along so great it’s like you are sisters, and you’re just so much alike it’s weird.” Lexi:” You’re welcome Charlie and thanks. If I knew my dad, I would like to think and hope that he’s like you! We’re already like sisters too I know that, we’re actually calling each other sisters.” Bella smiled and both of them went upstairs to her room, where they sat on her bed. Bella:” My dad really does seem to like you a lot and you’ve made him really happy! Thanks” Lexi smiled and they hung out, Bella finally asked about the scar, moving her sleeve of her shirt to show Lexi hers. Lexi saw it, and then just looked away, Lexi:” Bella I promise I will tell you, I will tell you soon but right now I’m just working myself up to telling you. I’m sorry.” Bella told her not to worry, she shouldn’t have asked in the first place. Bella knew something else was bothering her, but didn’t ask. When Bella finally brought her home, Lexi looked at her house and then back at Bella. Lexi:” Bella, could you please tell Edward that I’m scared now? If he doesn’t now tell him to ask Rosalie.” Bella nodded and told Lexi to text her whenever she wanted or needed to.
Lexi went into the house and locked the door behind her. She changed for bed (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=50528364), but for some reason her mind was racing and wouldn’t allow her to go to sleep, so she decided to draw instead. Again Lexi drew a picture of Jake’s wolf form, still not knowing what it was about the wolf that she couldn’t let go. Once Lexi woke up in the morning she decided to change (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=50529647) and go for a walk/run. As she came to a clearing she was startled and caught off guard by someone she didn’t recognize. Everything had happened so fast, he grabbed her arm, ran with her to another clearing making her close her eyes. When she opened her eyes however, she was confused and didn’t know how she got on the beach surrounded by shirtless guys. Sam:” Who are you and what are you?” Lexi looked at him even more confused, she was about to say her name and explain that she’s just an ordinary girl, but when she closed her eyes again trying to think, she opened them to find herself back on her porch where she was about to start her run. Lexi was beyond confused, she looked around panicked a little and saw that rusty colored wolf at the edge of the woods across the street from her house. Lexi fumbled reaching for her phone and the first person she thought of and called was Bella. Lexi:” Um, I think something’s seriously wrong with me, either that or my mind and eyes are playing tricks on me.” Bella:” I’m coming to get you, then we’re going to go to Edward’s house.” Lexi didn’t argue she just waited for Bella to get there, when she did, Lexi made sure she had her bag and other things with her and got into the truck. Lexi:” Ah wait, why are we going to Edward’s house?” Bella:” His parents have been hearing all these different things about you, so they want to meet you.” Lexi sensed there was more but didn’t bother asking and kept replaying what just happened. When they got there, Emmett pulled Lexi into a hug, Lexi:” Ah Emmett, dude I’m only human and you hug like a bear! Please let me go and put me down.” They all laughed including Bella, Lexi was confused. Emmett(whispered):” I’m just curious about how she has all these unique vampire abilities yet she’s still human?!” Lexi:” Um I know I’m not normal, and I’m also not quite ready to tell my story of how I got the scar, ok.” she got up and walked outside, Edward joined a little while later, and that’s the fist time Lexi mentioned the thought of Jeremy coming back to look for her. Edward:” My family, we all think of you as one of us and part of the family. So if you think there’s someone out there looking for you, looking to hurt you, my family will protect you, even if you’re only human.” With that, that’s how she learns what they are, Carlisle tells his family that it’s ok to let her know what they are, that she’s not a threat and wouldn’t care much anyways since she knows a little about vampires anyways. Lexi went back into the house with Edward and almost tripped, so Carlisle caught her and the moment their hands touched or she touched his hand that is, she saw Carlisle’s flashback.
Carlisle’s FLASHBACK:
It shows him in Bullhead City, Arizona about a few years ago and looks like he’s not far from where Lexi lived. Lexi happened to be in her backyard playing with her neighbor and friend Jeremy, who seemed by looks to be a few years older then her but they only hung out a few times. She had no idea he was a vampire let alone a newborn, so she didn’t now what was in store for her. Lexi noticed right away that something was different and he was acting strange, but even with his bright blood red eyes she didn’t think anything was wrong, just that he popped some contacts in to try and scare her eventually. When Carlisle heard the screaming, he was there in the blink of an eye, where he knelt down beside Lexi and knew she was in pain. When he rolled her over to check her out and see what was wrong, he saw the bloody bite mare from Jeremy. He had pushed Jeremy off and wounded him, but he went back after Lexi. Carlisle somehow ended up scaring Jeremy who ran, and he went back to Lexi. He knew that if he didn’t act quick, she’d soon become one herself. Carlisle knew that in normal situations a male lover who would want to protect her or wanted her as his mate would normally suck the venom back out of the bite, but he thought she was too young to be turned with her life still ahead of her. He wanted to save her, he’s always saved those he could no matter what way he seemed fit…whether it was their life or giving them an alternate life. Carlisle had her on her stomach, bent over her and began sucking the venom back out of the bite. The moment he knew he had gotten all the venom was when she eased up and the screaming subsided and wasn’t cringing in pain. Lexi’s body began to ease, and Carlisle just bent down scooping her up in his arms, and ran to the nearest hospital leaving a note for her mother to let her know where to find her. Carlisle checked in on her form time to time, he thought she was extraordinary in a way but wasn’t sure why…[End]
Carlisle let go of her hand, and she straightened up looking around and locking eyes with Edward who saw the whole thing as she did. She still wasn’t sure how to block her mind just yet or at times, so she knew that Edward had seen it through her. She got the sense that he too thought she was even more remarkable then before. Lexi:” Whoa, that was um strange. So wait, that’s how you can read my thoughts and I can read yours, because of the fact that I was bite by a vampire?” Carlisle nodded with a smile, Carlisle:” You’re not weird, you’re not a freak, you’re gifted with many abilities!” Edward:” So you weren’t thinking any of that, that you and I just saw?” Lexi shook her head no, her eyes shifted over to Jasper with a smirk. “So you were thinking of Jazz the whole time?,” Edward. “Yes I was sadly. I know or sensed that he was thinking of me when he saw me, so I was thinking of him,” Lexi. Edward:” How was I able to see all of that if she wasn’t thinking of it?” Carlisle:” She didn’t remember me from that night or when I visited her in the hospital. She was unconscious when I helped her in the woods. I haven’t seen her up until the woods, but before that I hadn’t seen her since I saved her. This being the first time meeting face to face must’ve triggered something. Maybe because I sucked the venom out of her, and he bit her, she somehow was able to contract the abilities, but I haven't the faintest clue as to how she has them and why she has so many.Can you tell us what happened now?”