Status: Slowly Starting

Inconvenience

Never would I ever

I woke up in a strange bed. I didn't recognize the room I was in. I felt a weight across my waist. I peered down to see what it was. Someone had their arm slung over my body. Everything came rushing back to me. I had slept over at Jarret's house. I peered under the sheet, luckily I still had my clothes on. I felt Jarret stir next to me. I rolled over to look at him. His eyes slowly peeled open and met my gaze.

"Good morning," his voice was laced with sleep.

"Morning," I smiled softly at him. "Look, I should get home."

"Do you want breakfast?"

"Sure! Breakfast wouldn't hurt," I said while following him down the hall. We entered his huge kitchen and he went straight for the pantry.

"Are pancakes okay?" He asked while looking over his shoulder.

"Pancakes would be wonderful," I said while turning my phone on. "I had a nice time last night," I mentioned while he started on the pancakes. He looked up and smiled at me before going back to the pancakes.

"I did too. It's not every day that I meet someone like you."

I felt myself blushing. I looked down at the counter, hoping he wouldn't notice.

"Wow, look who's blushing," he laughed.

"Shut up!" I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I glanced down and saw that I had six missed calls. I unlocked my phone only to learn that they were all from Mike. I quickly dialed his number and waited for him to answer.

"Hello," I heard on the other end.

"Mike! What's going on? Why did you call me six times?"

"I'm at the hospital with Lauren," I almost dropped the phone from the hand.

"What? What happened to her?"

"She hurt her ankle at practice this morning. It might be broken."

"I'm on my way," I said right before hanging up the phone. "I have to go Jarret. I'm sorry," I said while rushing to his front door.

"Where are you going? Is everything okay?"

"Lauren hurt her ankle. I have to go to the hospital."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0

When I saw Mike standing in the hallway I ran to him. He was standing outside a room that I assumed Lauren was getting x-rays in.

"Is she okay?" I asked, he looked up from the ground and nodded.

"Her ankle is broken. She tripped over someone at practice," he looked at me and smirked. He must have noticed that I was in the same clothes as last night. His smirk quickly turned to anger. "Look Kayla, you can have sex with whoever you want to but you need to answer your phone. This could have been much worse than a broken ankle. You have to be reachable."

I rolled my eyes at his assumption. "We didn't have sex. I fell asleep."

"Really?" He looked at me skeptically.

"Yes, really. I would never do that to you."

His eyes widened with shock and disbelief. "What? Why?"

"I still love you," I blurted out. I had no control of what I had just said. It just came out.

"Are you serious?"

I walked to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his arm skin on mine and I felt at home. "Mike, I never stopped," I said before pressing my lips to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really am sorry. I haven't update in forever and all I can say is that my life is completely different from what it was at the beginning of the summer. Things have taken a while to get back on track. I promise I won't leave you hanging without a chapter for that long again. I am going to update at much as I can.

Thanks for being amazing readers! Love you all!