Status: I'M BACK

Break My Fall

11

We’ve been at the prison for a few weeks now. In that amount of time so many things have happened. We lost the two other prisoners and Lori. She passed on after she went into labor during an attack and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Judith. We also had a newcomer, her name was Michonne and she was a badass with a samurai sword.

“Hows the Lil Lass doin?” Murph asked as he sat down at the table next to me as I fed Judith.

They were now allowed in our cellblock since they were the only prisoners left. I rocked her back and forth as she finished the bottle and slowly let her eyes shut.

“Shes good.”

“Ya so good with her Angel, if only ya could’ve had one of your own one day. Not any time soon….Connor, Doc, Romeo and I wouldn’t allow that.” He winked at me.

We both chuckled and slowly quieted at the mention of Romeo and Doc.

“I don’t even know if he’s alive either….” I felt a few tears fall down my face as I brushed back the hair that Judith did have on her head.

Murphy placed a on my thigh and gave it a light squeeze. Thinking of his other family, not knowing if they were alive or dead like when he use to think of Claire before she found them.

“Its okay Angel, we’ll find them. Then we’ll get in contact with Ma and everything will be alright. Now calm down and tell me about Robin Hood.”

I stopped rocking Judith back and forth since she was asleep now and stood up to bring her to her crib. “What in bloody hell are ya talkin about Murph?”

“Oh don’t bloody hell me, I see the eyes ya give ol boyo. Ya getting feelins, a little old for ya huh?” He joked with a shrug of his shoulders and a stupid grin plastered across his face that I wanted to smack right off.

“Ya an idiot Murph.” I walked past him out our cell and to the tables to join the rest of the group. I took a seat next to Carl.

“Hows it going boyo?” I gave him a smile.

Carl chuckled, “You and your brothers have the coolest accents.”

I laughed at his enthusiasm when we heard the loud squeak of the cell door opening. We all looked up and turned to face whoever was coming in.

Daryl, Rick, Michonne and one of the prisioners walked in and announced their heading to Woodbury, they believed Glenn and Mags was there.

“I’ll be right back Carl.”

I approached Daryl who had finally moved into a cell not too far from mine but far away from everyone else. He was throwing his belongings in his backpack.

“Be careful boyo…”

He looked up at me finally realizing he wasn’t in the cell alone. He stopped what he was doing and let his arms fall to his sides. There was silence and I took this as my opportunity. I took the quick 4 strides that were between us threw my arms around his neck. I slowly felt his arms around my waist and squeeze me back tight.

I pulled me neck away from the place is was resting between is neck and his shoulder and made contact with his icy blues, looking down at his lips I leaned in and our lips finally connected.

He let out a low growl and pushed his backpack off his bed to take a seat while I straddled his hips and made the kiss deeper.

When we finally departed we were both breathing heavy, I leaned my forehead against his.

“Ye come back to me in one piece ya hear?”

All he could do was shake is head as he gave me another peek on the lips and let me go to stand up. We both walked out of the cell and down stairs and they were soon on their way. I let out a long sigh praying to the Lord he’ll come back to me.
___________________________________________________________________________________

It wasn’t for a few days that they returned. Since they we had two newcomers to the group. Sasha and Tyreese, a brother sister duo. Carol, Carl and I were standing out by the gate waiting for them to return when a green hyundai came barreling down the dirt road and towards the prision.

“Carol get the gate quick.” I ordered Carol.

Carol pulled the gate back quick and Carl unlocked the fences. Carol started looking around through the windows are the car but when it pulled off all I saw was a scared look on her face.

“Carol…Ya alright?” I questioned.

Rick quickly approached us and placed a hand both on the sides of our necks.

“Its alright, He’s alive.” Rick informed us, I was still confused.

“We ran into his brother. They went off.”

That’s all I could hear as I started storming off to the guard tower.

“CLAIRE!” Rick called for me but I just ignored it, walking into the guard tower and slamming the door behind me.

How could that bastard do that?!

I reached the top of the guard tower and sat at one of the desks staring out into the field. I could feel no emotion, I couldn’t even cry. After everything I have gone through in my short life, even when my brothers went to Hoag and Romeo was in a coma I have never felt like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE COMMENT