Status: I'M BACK

Break My Fall

12

These past few days have been a blur. We’re at war with Woodbury, Connor and Murphy have been on my ass about everything lately.

“Angel ye ass up before I make ya!” Connor yelled into my cell.

I slowly picked my head up from my pillow and looked at him standing at the doorway of my cell. I got myself up even though my body felt battered and broken. Connor let out a deep sigh.

“I know ye upset with Robin Hood leavin Lass but you cant shut down on us. Murph and I miss ya. We need our Angel.”

And at that moment something clicked. This wasn’t me. I wasn’t the one to get sad over a man and completely shut down. I had my brothers back now, my family. Including the group. I wasn’t going to let this make me weak….I’ve been through worse.

“Do ya ever miss Da, Connor?”

He sucked in a large breath and took a seat next to me on the bed and threw an arm over my shoulder.

“Of course Angel, I’d be insane not to.”

I let my head fall onto his shoulder and closed my eyes, “What ya think he would be thinking about all this?”

“Ahhhh who knows Claire, ya know the old man was a little off his rocker….” He picked my head up to look at him, “but you know he’d have kept ya safe. He loved ya Claire, just like Murph and I. We can’t be dwelling on the past right now…its not a good time.”

With that he planted a kiss on my forehead and stood to leave the cellblock.

“Ya comin?”

I let out a long sigh, “I’ll be right there Con.”

Standing up I started heading towards the courtyard. I’m sure it was a beautiful day and everyone was outside enjoying the weather but what do I know now. I’ve kept myself trapped in this damn bloody cell waiting for someone who was never going to come back.

As I reached the fenced gates to go outside gunshots started to go off. Quickly I jumped back behind the door and took my gun out of its holster, turning and letting a few shots go. Maggie came rushing out behind me handing me another gun and yelling for Beth to grab the other. The gunshots didn’t stop for a while, they were nonstop. Finally there was silence.

In the distance you could hear what sounded like a truck hauling up the dirt road towards the fence. Narrowly missing Michonne, it opened its back and out came walkers.

“Connor!! Murphy!!” They both took off to save Herschel from the now walker infested field.

They each took a hold of his arm and started running him up towards the prison. I headed in Ricks direction who was struggling with two walkers that had him pushed up against a fence.

Just as I made it close to Rick an arrow went threw one of the walkers heads, dropping him. I stopped in my tracks frozen.

“Lord…”

There in front of me, the Dixon brothers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short but wanted to get something out! Comment please!