Status: Hey, I've decided to start from scratch and actually write about a story that really hit hard for me. The host has to be the best book I have ever read in my entire existence on this Earth. You might of guessed that I'm a huge fan. This is a fanfiction about how Wanderer reacts to her new self and b

Die for Her

Fold~

"Don't come back for me!" I shouted at who I thought was... well... me. I was telling myself what I wanted so badly to shout to Ian. To not try and save me because I knew that him doing so would only harm him. But something went wrong here. As the signs of human life here on Earth were already looking bad, as our kind had destroyed their race and had taken over their universe, the sanity of the humans went down with it. Things started to get out of control. The lines started to become thinner. People lost their ways and began to give up on their dreams. These people weren't quitters, nor where they emotionally affected in any sort of way, the reason why their ways had demolished wasn't because of us necessarily, it was because they had given in to a lack of hope that destroyed their before very much willingly accumulated faith...

I drove past many gas stations, stopping stations and fellow drivers, as I quickly made my way down the very long road to what I knew in my heart was right. I finally arrived at the building I knew only too well from when me and Jared came here last. We drove all the way here in a truck and I cut myself just to get the medicine for the person who technically wasn't, but so much felt like, my brother. The "steal" was a success, but now I was about to something a heck of a lot different. It was time for me to pack my bags, metaphorically and move on from these kind-hearted human lives I was currently wrecking. But before I got out of the car, I took one last deep breath and sent a telepathic message to my currently unaware sister about... well, about everything. I told her how I miss her already and how this is better for the both of us. Saying how she'll never find me, as I've blocked her from seeing my current path and that it'd be better for everyone. Including Ian. I loved him. I did. With all of this cold, empty heart here beneath my skin. I felt it. The warmth at his name being recovered in my currently weak memory, due to lack of sleep and fear for what I was about to do...

Not fear as in fear for myself, but fear as in fear for the ones I loved the most and the ones who may be affected my my following decisions. But even thought I knew it'd be tough for Ian at first, I know that he'd soon forget about the stupid, dumb parasite that was making him feel weird feelings toward that one parasite. Besides, with someone like Ian, someone caring, beautiful and just... amazing, he'd get another person to love him. Someone who wasn't making everything even more difficult than it already was...

"Melanie?" I asked out into the darkness of our mind and I soon got a worried yet eager response. "Wanda? Wanda, where are you?" she screeched at me and I could feel their eyes one me. Jared and Ian were currently staring at her in my body and I could feel their stares bore into my skin, my bones. I raised my voice, so that Ian would hear me through Melanie. "I'm sorry! Okay, I have to do this and you won't stop me. Please, I need too..." Ian caught on just a few seconds after I even begun. "Wanderer! You're in there, aren't you?" we shrugged, still in my body, but this time, I was the host in Melanie. "Yes, we are both here!" Melanie shouted back angrily and I tried my best to calm her. "Please, don't get..." Both Ian and Melanie finished my sentence for me. "Upset? You can't do this! You won't..." I shook my head now, still in my body but knowing it wasn't my own anymore. "No. No, Ian, Melanie, what I can't do is keep living on in this... body that isn't even mine..." Jared spoke up now, which surprised me a lot, seeing as I thought he'd prefer the situation I was supporting. "Wanda, you do know she can't get her body back, right? Your host... is dead." I nodded, "Yes, yes I know, but I can't do this. Not anymore..." Ian's voice came back at me like a boomerang. Loud, quick and demanding. "No!" he shouted, half growl, half plead, "you're not leaving me!" I shook my head, "but you'll find someone..." I was starting to get the feeling that getting interrupted right at the end of my sentances was about to become routine now. "Were you going to say, someone else?" I nodded, "but it's..." He shook his head vigorously now and his voice boomed again. "Wrong! Totally, utterly, completely..." I interrupted him, unable to listen to his protests any longer and to think, I thought that this would be easy. "Right! There's no other way out! If I don't... leave, then guess what? I lose all of the ones I love..." Ian's expression turned from anger to calm now when he heard the deep sadness in my incredibly low voice. "What, are you saying Wanderer?" I looked over into his watery blue eyes now and this reminded me of the sea on one of my many planets. This thought warmed me up inside, which made me run over to him and hug him tight. Right then, right then in that moment, I returned to my usual body and Melanie returned to hers. We were back where we ought to be. Well, for Melanie anyway...

I pulled away, a tear unwilling to move from my matching blue eyes and drew myself in close to his face to kiss him. He kissed me back, which made my soul sing inside and my heart swim with happiness, but I knew that this wouldn't last forever and now, now he knew it too. I knew this because the grip around my waist got tighter, the look he gave me every time he or I pulled away got even more intense every time and last of all, when we finally parted for the last time, he said the words, "I don't want you to go..." I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and whispered, "me too, but it's time..." He nodded, tears continuously streamed from the corner of his now redding eyes and he looked deep into mine again. "I love you. I will always love you, Wanderer and you are the light to my soul. You're the heart that keeps my heart beating. Without you, I'm..." I interrupted him for one very last time, "everything?" He chuckled and so did I, but these weren't happy chuckles exactly. They were a sign of the end, the thing that would mark this day and never let anyone here present forget what happened. It was the sign, that meant that our journey was over...

"Melanie has her body back now," I whispered trying to ease the uprising tension and looked over Jared's shoulder into the dusky yet beautiful desert ahead, but my eyes drew me back to him. Before I had chance to look away, he began to speak. "Wanda..." I shook my head, "you don't have to say anything Jared. This will happen anyway. I couldn't do this forever, could I?" He swallowed a lump in his throat and looked over to Ian, who seemed to be a little more eager than seconds ago to try and prompt me not to do this. "Wanderer, please, I can't... I won't live without you!" I shook my head, "Ian, don't say that! You'll be fine! Trust me. Just pretend, that you never even knew me at all. Pretend that I never even existed..." His voice was even louder and angrier than before. "No!" his eyes bulged out with a mixture of anger and sadness, "I can't ever do that! I love you way too much. Please, don't interrupt me! I have an idea..." I thought it best to atleast listen to his idea and see if it helped, of course, it only made things much much more confusing. I nodded my approval and he went on. "Will... can you, make humans into souls?" he asked in my direction, but seeing my confused face made him add more, "I mean, make a human... like you?" I nodded, instantly remembering what the healer had said to me when I first began my life as a soul. "You need to remember this routine, if ever incase you need to change a human organism into a soul." Ian's eyes lighted up with excitement and a glimmer of hope and I finally figured out his creative yet fearful plan. "What?" I shouted at him, "are you out of your mind?" He shook his head, "no, I just know that I can't live without you! If that means being like you and moving on then yes, I'll do anything!" I shook my head, partly because of frustration and partly because of confusion and plonked myself down on the golden sand. "I wasn't planning on... moving on" I murmurred and looked up to see Ian's now less hopeful face facing mine. I felt his eyes lock on mine and that is when I knew what I had to... what we had to do...

His eyes started flushing out tears that he couldn't hold back and mine tried to hold them in to, but also like his, failed to. His face began to turn white with the thought of being apart forever and my heart began to slow down depressingly the more I thought over it. We both obviously couldn't cope without the other. For me, it seemed obvious why I needed him. He was my one and only true love and I needed him more than anyone else, but for Ian... why would he want me? I'm nothing but a useless parasite, yet he'd become one of me just to be with... well, me. "Okay," I forced out of my lips before I could stop myself, "but only if you want to?" He smiled with pure joy and excitement, which filled my heart with happiness also. "Of course I do!" he shouted and picked me up into his arms. Maybe it wasn't exactly a Cinderella or Snow White story but it was perfect to me... us...

As for Melanie, Jared went out for her in his truck and found her in the local supermarket buying goods. Apparently, some of my soul was still within her, even though we were apart for good. She could still go out into town and not get recognised for a human whenever she wanted or needed to. Me and Ian, we're back on one of my ultimate favourite planets of all time, "The Singing Planet." He's still getting used to the whole soul thing but things get easier each day. Jamie and Jeb are fine. They still remember me, or so I've heard anyway, as before we left, Jared told me and Ian that he'd been asking for us. I felt so overwhelmingly awful to not be able to see him for the last time, but I had to end this quick, or else Melanie would now be dead, alond with the other humans if things went completely wrong. See, my dead host was turning me... well, psychotic really, which is why I needed to leave. Even though she was dead, her spirit was still telling me to do things like kill the humans and her phantom was starting to slowly take over me and my sister. Melanie. Melanie is okay now, she found it hard saying goodbye and there were a lot of tears shed on both parts, but she's happy with Jared and Jamie. Oh and last but certainly not least, the humans are no longer in danger anymore. A few months after we moved to our new home, we recieved the news that our kind had retreated from Earth, due to the humans creating new weapons to destroy our race. Weirdly enough, I was estatic from the news, but obviously I pretended to be disappointed when hearing it. So, everything was back onto the road of recovery now and the days didn't feel as heavy as they did before. Knowing that I never actually harmed the humans that are now my allies in my heart and soul and knowing that I came out of it twice as strong, due to everyone's support, especially Melanie and Ian. I feel now that I'm who I'm supposed to be. A soul, who can share her soul with her soulmate for all eternity on one of the most peaceful planets known to us travelling souls. But this planet, would be the very last for Ian and I. We will live, rejoice and die on this planet together and nothing will ever stop us from being who we are. Souls...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the very last chapter of my short host fanfic...x