Status: Work In Progress

Right Here in My Arms

Show Me Finland

I stepped out of the cab as Ville and I arrived at my house. I pursed my lips and looked at him. “Thanks for tonight. It was fun,” I mentioned, smiling at him.

He smiled back and nodded, “Oh, of course. I had a lot of fun as well.” He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed, “I suppose I ought to get back home now.”

I nodded and chewed on my lip for a second, looking over to my house then back to him.
“Yeah? I guess it is kind of late now, isn’t it,” I mumbled.

“Yeah. Um, but before I leave,” he said, “We should definitely hang out again soon.”

I nodded at him with a small smile, “Yeah, of course. That would be cool.”

He grinned, “It would be. Well, we have each others’ numbers, so whenever we have free time, we should just call and plan something.”

“Yeah,” I looked over at the porch light turned on, “Of course.”

“Cool. Well, I guess I’ll see you hopefully soon then,”

I looked back at him and nodded, “Yeah, yeah. I hope so too.”

He stood there for a second pursing his lips and shoved his hands into his pocket.

I chewed on my bottom lip and took a deep breath.

“Well, goodnight, Rowan. I’m glad you came to dinner with me,” he mentioned then held his hand out towards me.

I looked down to his hand and grabbed it, slowly shaking it, “I did as well. Goodnight, Ville.”

He took his hand from mine and got back into the cab.

I watched the cab drive away and let out a sigh of relieve. That was awkward. I thought before shaking my head. I wasn’t happy that Ville was gone, I was just happy that the feeling I had was gone. I walked up to the door and walked inside, seeing my dad on the couch. I smiled at him and closed the door behind me.

“Hey, honey. How are you?” he questioned, smiling up at me.

I nodded and shrugged, “I’m good. How’re you?”

He shrugged, “Kind of tired, but I’m alright.”

I nodded and took my shoes off and placed them by the door.

“So how’d the dinner go?” he asked me before taking a sip of his drink.

“It was cool. I had some fun,” I mentioned. Okay, that was mainly a lie... It wasn’t too much fun. It was nervous as all hell and I had a weird feeling, but I didn’t want my dad to know that. I planned on keeping it to myself and hoped it would stay that way.

“That’s good. I’m glad to hear that,” he grinned towards me.

“Yep,” I nodded and then ran a hand through my hair to push my bangs out of my face, “I’m kind of tired, I think I’m going to go to bed now.”

“Alright sweetheart. Goodnight. I’ll see you in the morning,” he said.

“Goodnight. I love you,” I smiled at him before walking into my room and closing the door behind me. I changed into my PJ’s and climbed into my bed, getting under my covers. I cuddled up to my pillow and took a deep breath, thinking about tonight. Was it a date between Ville and me? He really made it seem like it was with how he was acting towards me... I lifted my head from my pillow and looked at the door as I heard my dad walk through the living room and into his bedroom.

I sighed and laid my head back down on my pillow. I’m being silly right now; that wasn’t a date. If it was he would of tried to kiss or my hand or something. I shouldn’t be over thinking or worrying about this... It wasn’t a date – I think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rolled over in my bed as I heard my cell phone vibrating on my nightstand. I reached over and grabbed it, not bothering to look at caller ID. “Hello?” I answered.

“Rowan!” I heard Ensio shout.

I laughed and sat up, rubbing my forehead, “Hey Ensio, what’s going on?”

“What are you doing today?” he asked.

I shrugged and shook my head, “Uhm, nothing. I was planning on sleeping all day.”

“Are you even going to get out of bed and be someone today?” he questioned, laughing.

I laughed with him and rolled my eyes, “No, never.”

“Well, you’re lame then,” he laughed again, “You wanna hang out today? I don’t have to record today.”

I smiled, “Yeah, that’d be cool. I’d love to.”

“Cool! I’ll give you like, an hour and a half to get up and get decent before I head over,” he told me.

“Alright, yeah. That sounds cool. I’ll be ready by then,” I told him and picked at a string on my comforter.

“See you then,” he said then hung up.

I picked out some clothes before I went and took a quick shower. I got dressed into the clothes and applied some makeup. I called my dad while he was at work and let him know what I was going out with Ensio for the day and he told me that he was glad to hear it. I ate some food before Ensio arrived, in which he decided to ring the doorbell several times within a second. “Do you not know how deafening that doorbell is!?” I exclaimed, opening the door and smiling at him.

He laughed and rolled his eyes, “I wanted to make sure you actually got up after I called instead of going back to sleep.”

I laughed and shook my head, “What kind of a person do you think I am?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know. You ready to go?”

I nodded and stepped out of the house. I closed the door and locked it before I turned to him and grinned, “Let’s go.” I followed him over to his black vehicle and climbed into the passenger seat.

“Alright, so, I figured we’d explore for a little while so I can show you around,” he explained as he began driving away from my house.

I smiled at him, “Yes, I like this idea. I think it sounds like a fabulous idea.”

Ensio drove me around Helsinki for a few hours and showed me a bunch of cool places. He also showed me a bunch of his little hang out where he likes to go a lot. I really enjoyed driving around and looking at this place with him. Finland was really a beautiful place, other than all the bad weather. “Everything is rather gorgeous, other than the weather,” I mentioned, poking Ensio in the arm.

He laughed and shook his head at me. “We have some good weather sometimes, alright? Maybe you’re just bad luck to Helsinki,” he teased

“You’re so mean!” I teased back, laughing.

“You want to get coffee?” he asked.

I laughed and nodded, “Sure. That was quite a subject change.”

He rolled his eyes, “I just passed a coffee shop and it reminded me of how much I wanted coffee.”

“Alright, alright, fine!” I smiled.

“I know of another place, so hold on,” he replied and drove for a little while longer. He pulled up to a coffee shop and cut the engine to his car.

I climbed out of the restaurant and looked at the coffee shop. I froze and took a deep breath. I looked over slightly and groaned before following Ensio into the coffee shop.

“Go find us a seat and I’ll order something... Hey, wait, what do you want?” he looked over at me.

“Uh... Surprise me,” I shrugged and walked over to a table near a window and sat down. I put my hands to my face and sighed, loudly.

After a few minutes, Ensio walked over to the table he set the coffee mugs on the table. He sat down and looked across at me. “Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked.

I took my hands from my face and looked at him. “Nothing,” I shook my head and looked down to my coffee mug, “Thanks.”

“Liar,” he stated.

“Fine,” I mumbled and looked back up, “Last night I went to dinner with this guy and where we went was just in the restaurant next to this building.

“It was?” he asked.

I slowly nodded, “Yeah, it was.”

“You can tell me. I’ve been told that I’m good at giving advice, so maybe I can help out or something,” he said.”

I sighed, “Don’t worry about it. I don’t want to burden you with my problems or anything.”

“No, no, you wouldn’t. I want to help,” he replied.

I sighed and shrugged, “It was really weird. He mentioned before the dinner that it wasn’t supposed to be a date but just as friends... When we were there, though, he made it seem like it was a date. I don’t know.”

“Do you like the guy?” he questioned then sipped at his coffee.

I shrugged and twirled the coffee cup in a circle, “Kind of. I don’t really know him, but he seems really nice.” I sighed again and looked down at my coffee. “The thing is, I kind of wanted it to be a date,” I confessed.

He nodded and shrugged, “See him again... Maybe you’ll figure out if you like him or not. Just like, go hang out for a day or something and see how you feel after that.”

“I guess,” I mumbled, “I don’t know, I don’t think he likes me back though.”

“You aren’t even so sure you like him,” he pointed out.

I nodded and chuckled, “Yeah, I guess that’s true. I guess hanging out with him again might be a good idea.”

He grinned, “Of course it is... It was my idea, wasn’t it?”

I rolled my eyes and laughed, “Oh, shut up you jerk.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!
Subscribe, recommend, and comment, please! I'd love to hear what you guys think so far! :D