Status: Hiatus, might be deleted soon.

This is a Wasteland

I Close My Eyes It Feels Just Like A Movie

Ahysha POV

beep, beep, beep

“Ugh, would you just shut up!” I yelled to the stupid alarm clock that’s sitting beside my bed on the night stand. I opened my eyes to peek at the time, and in bright red the numbers flash at me. 6 o’clock, damn, its early, but that’s what I get for wanting to surf before school. School didn’t start until 8, leaving me two hours to surf and get ready. Since it wouldn’t take me long to get ready I was going to surf until 7:25, then I get ready. My mom wouldn’t wake me up until 7, but if she didn’t find me she knew where I’ll be. This was a daily thing in Florida too, living in Miami had its perks.

I got out of bed, and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before changing into the same board shorts and swim top as last night and grabbed my towel and board. I got a feeling of déjà vu as I walked out of the back door and to the beach again. I laid my towel down and picked up my board and went into the ocean. I paddled around for a moment waiting for some big waves and when they finally came, there was one after the other. By the time 7:25 came along my arms and legs were sore and I’m sure I smelt of salt.

I went back into my house and walked up the stairs to my room and went straight into en suite. I turned the shower on making sure the water was just how I liked it. I quickly got in, washing my hair and body. Then I got out and brushed my teeth again while plugging in my straighteners and blow dryer. I blow dried my hair into it was going down my back in small bushy curls. I went into my room and pulled on my black and grey skulls bra and my black panties. Then I put on my black camisole and my black skirt with my white gladiator sandals.

I checked the time to see it was 7:47. I went into the bathroom and hurried to straighten my hair and put my piercings in. I came back into my room and put my blue see through shirt and my bracelets on before grabbing my bag and going downstairs. “Mom! I’m heading to school now! I have my car and phone.” I yelled to my mom, who was still in her bed.

“Ok, honey! Have a nice day, be good and make friends!” She yelled back at me. I shrugged, mumbling something she wouldn’t hear, before getting in my car. I drove to Mission Bay, following my navigation instructions, and parked far from the school in the student’s parking lot. I got out after turning my car off and grabbed my bag before closing my door and locking my car.

I walked into school and tried to find the main office. Next thing I know I’m crashing into somebody. “Oops! I’m so… sorry! I’m new and was trying to find the main office and I wasn’t paying attention. I’m sorry, are you ok?” I asked whomever I crashed into, I looked down and saw it was Mike.

“Shit, fuck. I’m sorry.” Was all Mike got out before he looked up and recognized me. “Hey Ahysha. You said the main office right?” He asked me.

I nodded, “Yeah, you going to help me find it?” I asked him. He nodded before leading me to it and opening the door for me. “Thanks,” I said as I walked to the lady behind the desk. “I’m Ahysha Penar, I’m new here and I need my time table.” I told the lady behind the desk. She nodded before typing something on the computer in front of her and going to the printer. She handed me a sheet of paper, that was my time table, and a book that read Mission Bay’s school rules.

Mike was still waiting for me and this time he was with a boy that had wild hair. The boy had a blonde spot in the mist of the black in front and he gave off an aura that practically screamed energy! When I got to Mike, he and the other boy had stopped talking and were waiting for me. I smiled at the boy and looked to Mike raising an eyebrow. Completely off topic but I’m proud to be able to say I could do that. Anyway, Mike cleared his throat before acknowledging my unspoken question.

“Ahysha, this is Jaime.” He said pointing from me to Jaime. “Jaime this is Ahysha.” Jaime held out his hand for me.

“Hey I’m Jaime, like Mike said. How did he meet a pretty thing like you?” Jaime asked me.

I laughed, “I’m his neighbor, we met yesterday. And thanks, your not so bad looking yourself.” I told him blushing.

He laughed and pulled me into a hug, when I put my hand into his. I laughed too and when he let me go I turned to Mike. “Where’s Vic?” I asked Mike.

He shrugged, “Somewhere with Tony.” He told me. I looked at him confused.

“Who’s Tony?” I asked him, Mike looked at me before shrugging.

“I’m pretty sure you’ll meet him later.” He told me but pulled out his phone and called Vic. “Hey. Yeah, she’s with me in the office, duh, the main office. Jaime’s with us. For you to show her to classes, she’s new Vic, did you forget already! Ugh…” Mike said before hanging up. I looked over at him shocked before laughing.

“I’ll show to class, if you don’t mind.” Jaime said to me. I smiled and looked from him to Mike.

“I don’t, now come on. I need to find my locker.” I told Jaime while giving Mike a hug. “See you later Mike.” Jaime grabbed my arm and started pulling me. I waved to Mike and followed Jaime to where he led me down some halls. He stopped in front of a locker and put in a combo and opened the locker.

“This is my locker, yours is three down on the left. When you’re finish we’ll go to class. What’s your first class?” Jaime asked me, while I was putting all my stuff into my locker.

“It’s uh…” I thought back to the schedule I got from the office. “A2. My first class is Algebra 2.” I told Jaime, folding my schedule up and putting it back in my back pocket.

“Mine’s is Biology. It’s some classrooms down. I’ll drop you off and wait for you when class ends.” Jaime told me and we walked in silence until he stopped unexpectedly.

“What gives Jaime?” I asked him shocked.

“I forgot our friend has this class with you!” Jaime said all excited, which made me smile because it’s contagious.

“And…?” I asked him confused.

“He can walk with us to your next class! His name is Tony Perry, and your name is Ahysha Penar.” Jaime said, and I was still confused. He must’ve seen the look on my face because he continued. “The A2 teacher always seats everyone in alphabetically order. It’s almost a guarantee you’ll be sitting by him. He’s shy though; so don’t take it personally if he doesn’t talk to you unless required. It took him months to start talking to us on his own free-will.” Jaime told me, the last part caused me to laugh.

“Don’t worry, I don’t take anything personal. Besides I’m an anti-social person myself, I’ve been told I’m also intimidating. Lately I’ve been trying to be less anti-social, hence why I have friends already. Most people think I think I’m too good for them. I just don’t like talking to people a lot.” I told Jaime, I was really trying to get over my anti-socialness. Which meant talking to people, Ahysha. Actual people, who will talk back to you.

Jaime started walking again and I followed until he stopped by a door. “This is A2, I’m down five to the right. Class is over in 90 minutes. Get over being anti-social and make friends!” He walked down to his class, and looked back and waved. I waved back and gave him a shy smile before walking into my class and facing a classroom full of judgmental kids. I smiled shyly and waved al little.

“Hello.”
♠ ♠ ♠
8 subs, 2 comments, and 2 recs! That's basically all the positive feedback I need to continue. Here's chapter 2 and thanks silent readers. You guys motivated me too! :)

Ahysha's surf outfit
Ahysha's first day outfit