Status: Hiatus, might be deleted soon.

This is a Wasteland

Staring at me with your lips and tongue

Ahysha POV

I couldn’t believe I was going to sit with Jaime, Tony, Mike and Vic at lunch! Four handsome guys and me, what were the chances? I knew that I was going to have to do something so I wouldn’t be awkward but I don’t know what yet. Maybe we’d play a game and get to know each other better. I knew before knowing that one of these four boys were going to end up being my best friend before the week was over.

“If you can’t hang then, there’s the door, baby
If you can’t hang then, there’s the door, baby
If you can’t hang then, there’s the door, baby
If you can’t hang then, there’s the door!”


Kellin Quinn’s voice sung over the speakers. In order to keep us interested the student body president decided we needed music. So she got the principle to agree on music in-between classes, to act as the bell. The song would change every week per request from us. We’d write the song we wanted on a slip of paper and the principle would draw a slip of paper randomly from the box.

This idea was a good one. I knew just what song I was going to volunteer on Friday when it was tome to vote. I stood up and gathered my books before Tony could knock them over like he did earlier in period one.

Instead of knocking over my books, like I expected, he carried them for me. I kept arguing with him, telling him they weren’t that heavy and that he didn’t have to. So imagine my shock when he said he wanted to. No boy has ever done that for me since I would get nervous around them and become tongue-tied.

“Come on Ahysha, lunch-time.” Tony’s voice said, causing me to shake my daydream away and walk with him. We had dropped our books off at my locker for the time being, since his was halfway across the school.

“Ahysha!” I heard somebody shout to me, before I was engulfed in a huge hug.

“Um... hey?” I said, but it sounded more as a question. I finally looked to see who had picked me up and it turned out to be no other than Mike. “Mike!” I squealed, happy to see he had the same lunch as me.

“Hey, shortkins. How Tony and Jaime been treating ya?” Mike asked me, sounding like a protective older brother.

“They’ve been nothing but nice and welcoming.” I told him, looking down with a blush gracing my cheeks.

“You’re blushing! Why are you blushing?” Vic said as he came up behind Mike and I. I shrugged, not wanting to answer his question because I didn’t know why myself.

“Mike put me down! I want to get in line so that I can get something good and eat lunch with you guys,” Mike put me down and together all of us expect Jaime went in line for lunch. Jaime was sitting down at a table close to the doors and the windows.

I looked at the options for lunch and suddenly wished I’d bought lunch from home. There was the pizza lasagna thing, cheese pizza, green beans, and collards. Then there was some fries and shredded cheese. Finally down the line were salads, sandwiches, fruits, condiments and drinks. They had some things you could buy too, like snacks and sodas and ice cream.

I picked up a tray and grabbed the pizza lasagna and put some shredded cheese on top of it. Then I grabbed a mini salad with Ranch dressing, and I grabbed an apple juice and a container of pineapples. I went to the lunch table with Jaime, with the guys following me.

“Now that all you guys are here, I don’t look like a lonely loser who has no friends.” We all laughed as Jaime exaggerated about having to sit alone for 30 minutes. “Whenever you guys are finished laughing at me, I’ll tell you about my idea that I came up with.” It took a minute but we all quieted down and Jaime smiled.

“So what’s your so-called idea?” Mike asked with a skeptical face while he looked at Jaime.

“Well… I was thinking since Mike and Vic are neighbors to Ahysha, and since band practice is at their house… that Ahysha would want to watch us practice?” Jaime directed the last part to me.

I shrugged, “I don’t know. I’ll have to see if my mom needs me. But give me the time to come by and I’ll see.” I told them all, as they looked at me.

“Fine.”

“Sure.”

“Ok.”

“Idea a success!” Jaime yelled out, causing everybody to look at us. We all started laughing, as we hurried to finish our food, since lunch was over in five minutes.

“Thanks for inviting me guys, really.” I told them before we got up and left for our classes. Tony and Jaime walked me to my next class, Jaime had this class we me and so did Vic. “See you later Tony!” I shouted to him as he was leaving us. He ducked his head but not before I caught the telltale sign of him blushing.

After School

When school finally ended all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. Unfortunately I couldn’t do the latter because I told the guys I would go to their band practice. I called mom in my free period and she said it’d be ok since I’ll be right next door.

I met up with the guys at the student car park. “I’m going to go home and change and put my stuff up and I’ll be at your house in ten. Ok Vicky-poo?” I asked him, he grimaced when he heard the nickname so many girls at our school calls him. I turned to Tony, “Tony looks like we’re going to have to reschedule that beach outing.”

“Please don’t call me that again.” Vic told me but I smiled sweetly at him and didn’t answer him. I waved him off and said bye to them before making the trek to my car.

“Ahysha!!” I heard somebody call to me. I stopped and turned around to see Tony running after me. “Hey Ahysha. We can reschedule I don’t mind and I was wondering if you could give me a ride home, please?” Tony asked me. “I rode here with Vic and he’s going straight home and Mike is taking Jaime to his house.” He told me, I thought he felt like he owed me an explanation as to why.

I smiled at him and nodded my head to my car, “Come on then silly.” I said and we both laughed walking to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I've been MIA but I proofread several times before making sure I liked this chapter. So... hopefully you all like it too. Don't forget to rec or sub or comment! <3