Status: Hiatus, might be deleted soon.

This is a Wasteland

Band Practice

Ahysha POV

Tony and I walked next door to the Fuentes’ house and Tony walked in holding the door for me. “Thanks.” I said, he nodded and followed behind me. I stopped when we got into the living room so he could lead the way to the basement. He led me to the kitchen and there was a door he took to get to the basement, where they practice three times a week for about an hour and a half. As we walked down, I heard Vic and Mike talking loudly so I grabbed Tony and signaled for him to stop. He looked at me curiously before walking back up the stairs towards me and just sitting there.

“What are we doing?” Tony mouthed to me.

“Listening to Vic and Mike, I got a feeling they’re talking about us.” I whispered back to Tony.

He just shrugged, and I motioned for him to be still. “Yeah Mike, I think they’re going to be together by the end of the school year.” Vic said to Mike.

“Who are we talking about?” Jaime asked, seemingly unaware.

“Ahysha and Tony. I wonder what’s taking them so long anyway.” Mike said to Jaime.

“Oh well, I practically felt the sexual tension when I was walking with them to second period.” Jaime said to them.

“And I felt it after school.” Vic said and I shook my head, thinking they were making it up. I don’t think Tony liked me that way, I don’t think anybody could like me that way. Besides I wouldn’t want him to because mom and I constantly moving and I wouldn’t want to have a long-distance relationship.

I looked down at Tony to see him looking up at me, and I smiled at him and he smiled back. “Ready to go down and reveal ourselves?” I whispered to him.

He nodded and slowly stood up and walked down the stairs while I followed behind him. “Hey everybody! Before we start I got an announcement to make!” Tony said loudly catching everybody’s attention.

“Are you two together already? You work fast Turtle!” Mike yelled to Tony making us both blush and move further away from each other.

“No! We aren’t together! Ahysha wanted to know if she could practice with us, she’s like you Vic… she plays guitar and sing too.” Tony said to Vic. When Vic looked over to me I smiled and nodded, telling him it was true. “She said she’d only do it if everybody said it was ok. I already told her you guys wouldn’t have a problem, would you?” Tony asked him.

“We don’t!” Vic said speaking for all of them. I nodded and told them I was going to wait until the end to sing and play something for them. They agreed and started to play some of their songs Vic wrote.

“This is Yeah Boy And Doll Face and I hope you like it!” Vic said acting as if he’s at a gig right now. They started playing the song and after they finished they played another song. “This is called, The Balcony Scene.” They started playing again. This pattern continued for a while. He played Yeah Boy and Doll Face, The Balcony Scene, Chemical Kids And Mechanical Brides, and The Cheap Bouquet.

When they were finished I stood up and clapped for them, because they were fucking awesome! “You guys were amazing!” I told them and I went around hugging all of them, hugging Tony the longest.

“Thanks!” They said in union. I smiled before going up to the mini-platform thing they have and picking up Vic’s guitar.

“It doesn’t matter what song you want to hear, I’m playing some Blink 182!” I tell them and before they could argue I’m already play the guitar opening to Dammit.

“It’s alright to tell me
What you think about me
I won’t try to argue or hold it against you
I know that you’re leaving
You must have your reasons
The season is calling and your pictures are falling down

The steps that I retrace
The sad look on your face
The timing and structure
Did you hear he fucked her?
A day late, a buck short
I’m writing the report
On losing and failing
When I move, I’m flailing now

And it’s happened once again
I’ll turn to a friend
Someone that understands
Sees through the master plan

But everybody’s gone
And I’ve been here for too long
To face this on my own
Well I guess this is growing up

Well I guess this is growing up

Maybe I’ll see you
At a movie, sneak preview
You’ll show up and walk by
On the arm, of that guy
I’ll smile and you’ll wave
We’ll pretend it’s ok
The charade it won’t last
When he’s gone and I won’t come back

And it’ll happen once again
You’ll turn to a friend
Someone who understands
Sees through the master plan

But everybody’s gone
And I’ve been for too long
To face this on my own
Well I guess this is growing up

Well, I guess this is growing up
Well, I guess this is growing up
Well, I guess this is growing up
Well, I guess this is growing up

Well I guess this is growing up”


I sang for them and when I finished, everybody clapped, extremely loud. I smiled and mock-curtsied for them before sitting down in front of Tony’s legs on the floor.

“You were awesome Air!” Tony said to me and the rest of the guys looked at him. “What? It’s true and Air is her nickname.” Tony said defending himself. Everybody else smiled and looked at each other trying to be sly about it but failing miserably. I looked at my phone to see it was already 8 o’clock.

“I got to go, you guys. See you in school?” I asked them. They all nodded and Mike walked with me to the door.

“We know you two were on the stairs earlier when we were talking.” Mike told me.

“Were not and I have to go, my curfew is in ten minutes.” I told him.

“Compulsive lying is bad for your health, besides you’re right next door. Doesn’t take ten minutes, does it?” Mike asked me.

“Yeah it does when my car is here too, you know.” I told Mike before leaving.

I made it to my house with five minutes to spare so I changed my clothes and ate dinner before going through my night routine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this whole thing listening to Of Mice and Men... they are amazing without a doubt. Go check them out if you haven't already!

Break your silence, silent readers! I want to actually talk to you guys. Who's going to Warped this year? I am! Mines is July 10 and that's the longest wait of my life :( But it's going to be worth it to get a chance to meet my favorite bands!

IMPORTANT