Status: active :) update when i can

Show Me the Stars, Smith

part 26

All had been going well with Matt and myself for the past couple of months. However one day a certain someone showed up at our apartment door.
I opened the door to Matt’s ex Danie.
“urmm hi?” I said unsurely as she just strolled in to Matt sitting on the sofa watching the tv.
“Matt we need to talk” she said blocking his view.
His head looked up to her and he motioned her to continue.
“privately” she said.
Matt stood up and pulled me to his waist and said “no, you can tell both of us or not at all”.
She sighed and rolled her eyes. She took off her jacket to reveal on her once toned body “I’m pregnant with your baby Matt”.
I felt Matt tense beside me and we both stood there in shock. “I told your family and they want you involved no matter what.” She said giving me her award winning bitch face. Of course I knew Matt wouldn’t refuse but secretly I knew this would never work out now. Any normal person would get on with it but this woman hated me, she would do anything to get Matt away from me and sadly this was going to work.
I had hardly seen Matt these past 3 months due to all the baby talk and Danie released it to the press making everything manic. On the other hand my job had got a transfer out to California, it had brilliant pay and was the biggest opportunity I have ever been offered. I just needed Matt’s opinion.
Matt came and sat next to me on the sofa and I turned to him “I’ve got a promotion up for offer”
“oh yeah where to?” he asked sounding interested
“California” I said and his face dropped but then suddenly his face perked up
“it’s ok I can come and visit you”
“Matt sweetheart you know you cant” I said softly
“why not?” his tone getting more and more upset like mine
“you have a baby on the way” I said cradling his now sad face “Danie will never let you come out here, look it was fun right? And its only for a couple of years, I will be back in no time.” I said kissing his forehead.
He looked at me and nodded and I wiped away my tears slowly making their way down my cheeks.
“I love you Smith” I said with a smile
“I love you Jones”
♠ ♠ ♠
and there you go, sorry if it was a bad ending but i need this cliff hanger for the sequel i am going to make. thank you all my readers and subscribers for reading :)