Status: This is the first project I ever really took seriously. I hope you enjoy it.

Nightfeather

The New Apprentice

Specklestar stepped out of her den and strode to where all of the clan members were gathered around the fire, followed by Firefern and Nightkit.

The younger kits had been wrestling while a couple of the other cats watched, but they all stopped what they were doing when their respected leader approached.

"I call a clan meeting." she announced, and all the members of the clan took their places around the fire to hear what she had to say. Firefern and Nightkit now sat in front of Specklestar, backs facing the fire and the clan members.

Specklestar started:

"Firefern, you are a young and loyal warrior, and I think it's time you got an apprentice."

She turned to Nightkit.

"Nightkit, you shall now be known as Nightpaw, and your mentor will be Firefern."

She turned back to Firefern.

"Firefern, I hope you pass on your skills to the new apprentice."

All of the clan members chanted, "Night-paw! Night-paw! Night-paw!"

Specklestar smiled, bowed to both Firefern and Nightpaw, in turn, and headed back to her den.

Nightpaw and Firefern stayed up well into the night, celebrating. When they finally retired to their dens that night, the fire had died down to a mere pile of cinders and ash.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the shortest of all the chapters. I had intended for it to be the last one, but a little while after I finished it, I had this feeling like there needed to be more. Like I wasn't quite finished yet. So...yeah. Enjoy!