Status: I will try to have the next chapter up soon.

Caught in the Middle

Chapter 3

Shaheen took hold of Zayvier's dominant hand, or what he assumed was her dominant hand since neither of them knew at the point in time. He rearranged her fingers over the handle of the utensil. Her blush did not go unnoticed as he did this simple thing. He also noticed how she made no movements at all and her breath had become slightly shallower.

"This is called a fork." He whispered quietly as his blood started to hum softly from how wonderful she smelled to him, which he couldn't help but get a little closer to her. Feeling very drawn to her, much like a puppet would to his master.

Zayvier had only nodded slightly, not really wanting to talk at the moment because she felt that is she did, her voice would end up cracking. She was also holding in the shiver that wanted to pass through her body as his breath blew across the side of her face as he talked.

Another one of Shaheen's killer smiled threatened to appear on the corner of his lips as he walked back around to the other side of the table and took a seat so he was now sitting down across from her. The table was short enough for him to be able to reach out and touch her hand with his if he wanted to, but he didn't. He took hold of his own fork in his hand and swirled the noodles around on it before bringing it to his mouth and taking a bite of it.

Zayvier was sitting there frozen as she looked to be calming herself down fm what had happened just moments ago, even though it wasn't much of anything. She soon came to and looked across the table over at him and followed his example of what he was doing with his fork and the noodles, it took her a few tries but she was soon able to get it.

Shaheen actually smiled as he watched her, he was remembering the first time he had ever used a fork and it had pissed him off to the point to where he just broke it and used his own hands to eat. He smiled down at his food at the memories and he soon finished his plate of food before standing and taking his plate over to the sink.

"Do you want seconds?" He doubted she would, but he was going to ask anyways. He knew Angel's didn't really eat all that much but it never hurt to ask in the end. He was now at the sink with his broad back facing toward her.

"No thank you." Zayvier said as she looked down at her plate which still had food left on it, but she felt like she wouldn't be able to eat anymore without her stomach starting to hurt. She glanced back at him and started to study him once again, she still wanted to be cautious around him since they were supposed to be enemies.

"Are you finished then?" Shaheen asked as he walked back over to them with her eyebrows raised some. His arms brushed against hers for just a split moment and his eyes widened at a hum that had flowed through him, stronger then anything he had ever felt. He looked down at her with curious and intrigued eyes. "Did you-" He stopped the sentence in the middle, deciding not to as her and he cleared his throat quickly. "Are you done with that?" He asked her to block the question he had been going to ask.

Zayvier had stiffened at the hum that had flowed through her, she wondered what it was and why she hadn't felt it when they had first touched and was just now feeling it. Like it had been building up until this moment when it had finally just struck them.

"Yes I am." Zayvier had quickly added with a small nod of her head, wondering if she should ask him what the feeling had been. Just to see if he knew what it meant like she would do with many other things with her stay here with him.

Shaheen picked up her plate form off the table in front of her, along with their forks and went to wash them. After the wash, he dried them and put the plates back up neatly in the cupboards and then the forks in the drawer near the sink with all the other silverware in it. He then turned and looked back at Zayvier.

"Any questions?" He asked as his eyes drifted over to where she was sitting in the chair still, having not really moved all that much. His tone was a bit softer then it usually was and he wasn't expecting it to be so soft.

Zayvier bit her lip gently as she let her mind drift some as he asked her that simple question. It was like he wanted her to ask, to see if she had felt what she did. She argued to herself about whether she should even ask him the question. She chewed on her bottom lip for a few more moments before finally giving in.

"When you touched me, I felt this hum or something. What was it and what does it mean?" She asked as she finally turned fully to look at him.

Shaheen was slightly baffled by her question, but it was the question he had wanted her to ask to see if she had felt it as well. He had thought it may have just been him feeling it but know he knew it wasn't.

"I don't know." He told her as he shrugged some and his reply was said in a hushed tone. In all honestly, he didn't know. It could mean many things and not just one thing alone. He did like it though, it intrigued him, so he though it could be attraction.

Zayvier nodded once again but she didn't forget the slightly shocked look on his face when she had asked him the question. It just meant that she wasn't the only one who had actually felt the strange shock.

Shaheen cleared his throat once again, a sign of him being a little nervous, and he was never nervous. He faked a small smile first, hoping she would buy it. "Any other questions?" He asked her, rubbing his arms some.

"You do know what it means, don't you?" Zayvier asked him once again, having watched his face and seeing the fake smile playing across his face. She could tell it was a forced thing and him rubbing his arms wasn't helping the situations at all.

Shaheen groaned and looked up at the ceiling, like a help me God look on his face but even he knew God wouldn’t help him with anything and be looked back to her eyes. He didn't quite know, but he had a guess, well quite a few guesses. Lust, common for a Demon. Attractions maybe. "I'm not really sure to be honest." He says to her once again, letting out a sigh quietly.

Zayvier kept her eyes on his face as she sat there, thinking. She wondered what it could be. She knew she felt safe with him which was not something normal for a Fallen. She should be scared and wanting to run when reality at the moment, all she wanted was to be closer to him. As close as she could be or as close as she could get

Shaheen was watching her and saw the emotional pull towards him in her eyes which made him smile slightly, knowing his charm worked on Fallen's as well, although he wasn't really trying anything at the moment.

"Let's get you to bed, little Fallen." He teases her softly, walking up behind her once again. He brought his lips close to her ear once again, with a smile playing on his lips. "Unless you'd prefer to stay up with me." He teases once more, his breath crawling across her skin slowly.

Zayvier couldn't hold back the shiver that ran down her spine this time and she turned her head some with a smile playing on her face. Their lips, now only inches apart. "It depends on what would happen if I were to stay up." She told him in a soft whisper.

Shaheen swore his heart had completely stopped beating, hearing her words, and seeing how close her lips were to his. The surprise was obvious on her face since he had not expected a comeback like that at all, but his eyes showed appraisal and longing towards her. He grinned broadly, hos brows rising in a charismatic matter. "Probably not much, I might drain you dry." He didn't sound serious at all, his voice low as his eyes watched her lips, but quickly returned to her eyes.

Zayvier didn't let it go unnoticed as his eyes traveled from his lips to her eyes rather quickly. She smiled to herself as she kept her eyes locked on him. "That doesn't sound much like a threat at all." She tells him with a chuckle as she let her face travel down his face some.

"Probably because I don't think I could drain the life out of you." Shaheen pointed out with a slight laugh. He truly couldn't now, not after that humming feeling that traveled through his entire being that had been caused from touching her, which he was longing to do once again.

"Well, that makes me feel a lot better." She said with a soft chuckle flowing out her mouth so easily.

Shaheen's hands burned to touch the Fallen, so he shoved them into the pockets of his jeans, which would look normal since it was something anyone would do. He grinned at her once again before he stood up straight once again.

"Alright, you need rest." He said as he nodded past the living room. "Go pick out a room, I'll look for some spare cloths." He says before he wondered off, needing to get away from her since he was getting an overwhelming feeling just to touch her.

Zayvier watched as he walked away before she stood up and headed toward the way he had motioned to before he had left. She made her way to a door way which she was assuming was a bedroom.

She had opened the door and looked at the spacious area with amazement at how large it was. She walked over to the bed and took a seat on it as she looked around the walls. They were a simple tan color with white trim, which suited the room very well.

Shaheen had made his way to the room that was supposed to be an office, but he had mostly used it for storage and it had a few different boxes. With his claws, he ripped the top of one open and started to dig through the cloths that were inside seeing if there was anything suitable for her.

He picked up the heavy box filled with old cloths from his friend Jess, short for Jezzabell, and he smiled at the thought of the quirky demon. They were, well friends, but they had flirted with each other quite often and he found her, well, fun to be around.

Zayvier stood up from where she was sitting on the bed and walked over to one of the few doors that were in the room and opened it up, revealing a rather large walk in closet which made her smile some. She walked over to the other door to investigate some more.

"Boo." Shaheen says as he walked into the room, his voice echoing a bit as he dropped the large bo on the floor with a heavy thud. "It's all yours." He says and kicked the box, making it slide across the floor and stop right at her feet.

Zayvier looked down at the box seeing, before opening it up, seeing it full of female clothing and she looked up at him with a small smirk. Why do you keep a box filled with female clothing?" She asked him before starting to search through the box.

"I had a female friend that often stayed here whenever she felt like it. Whether I liked it or not." He tells her, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched her. His arms flexing as he did so once again. He thought for a moment and smiled, in fact, Jezz said she would be stopping by sometime today.

Zayvier pulled out a pair of jeans just to look at them and they did seem rather small and she hoped she would be able to fit into them. "She wouldn’t mind would she?" She asked him as she laid the jeans back into the box and looked up at him.

"Oh, she might mind, you never know what mood she will be in." He said with a laugh as well as a shake of his head at the though of his friends mood swing, it had gotten him in trouble a few times with her, although it wasn't anything to extreme.

"Oh, baaaaby, I'm home!"

Speak of the devil.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now, I am not gonna post the next chapter until I get at least 1 comment just so I know I have someone reading it. If not, I don't see the point of continuing to update this book.