Join Me in Eternity.

Gone.

"What does this mean?" I felt Damon's presence without looking at or for him. I continued to face towards the window, away from him.
"You'll be spending more time with Klaus than I'd have hoped for." I felt his weight on the other side of the bed.
I single tear rolled over and across my face, "I guess you were right, I am different."
"I guess so." His weight lifted from the bed and I heard him walk away and shut the door.
He didn't care.
I roamed through the house looking for a specific Salvatore, and avoiding the other. "Stefan?" His back to me as he sat alone on the couch.
"Yeah?"
I felt the hot tears in my eyes, and felt no need to hide them or keep them at bay, "I don't want to stay here anymore."
He turned to face me, and in a second stood in front of me, "What did Damon do?"
I shrugged, "He just doesn't care anymore." Stefan brought me into a hug and in turn I wrapped my arms around him, too. He was more of a brother than I'd ever had, more of a father than I ever knew, and more protection than Damon had to offer me. But that's all he was, a brother, a father kind of figure, a protector; a friend.
"Where else do you have to go?" His voice rang from above my head, seeing as he was taller than I.
"Klaus offered me somewhere to stay."
"Do you think it's a good idea for you to be around Klaus?"
"I think it's better than having Damon avoid me in the same house."
Almost an hour later, Stefan welcomed in Klaus. I felt almost like an orphan, leaving with almost nothing, lugging a small bag with a very limited amount of possessions.
"Darling, you'll realize that being a hybrid is much more fun than being just a vampire." I stared out the window while Klaus took us to wherever he stayed. "And you'll find a place like this is too small for one like yourself."
"Damon and I were supposed to get out of here, go somewhere, see the world."
"Sorry love, you may just have to settle for myself."
I didn't want to voice it, but I didn't know if I had a problem with that. I liked Klaus. But I liked Damon, too.
"Welcome," Klaus offered up his hands as we walked into his lovely home.
"This is stunning." I looked at the beautifully intricate paintings, and the number of books, and the well-kept beauty of it all.
I finally made eye contact again with Klaus, his smile was incredible. "And I don't mind sharing it with you."
I felt myself blush. Though, inside I missed Damon.
"Come, love, I'll show you around." Klaus said from midway up the staircase, carrying my lone bag.
I followed him. As I did so, my thoughts still lingered on Damon, I wanted to know if he would miss me, if he knew I was gone, if he'd want me back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want Brooklyn and Stefan to just be really, really good friends, nothing more, and I realize I neglected to really put their friendship in development. Though a few chapters back when Damon came home he said something along the lines of 'Stefan told me you two bonded..' I had intended for that to be the realization, if you will, of their bond and friendship.
I greatly apologize for any confusion.