Join Me in Eternity.

Believe.

The entire day, I saw nothing of Damon. He wasn't present when I arrived, while I worked, or when I left.
It was upon leaving to go home was my next encounter with the infamous Damon Salvatore.
"Miss me?" He stepped from the shadows of the building, hands in his pockets, and standing tall.
"You know I did."
He smirked, I knew I could never get tired of it.
"Let's take a walk, shall we?"
I shrugged and followed him as he began towards the forest. We accompanied each other in silence mostly. A misplaced blanket of fog lay among the trees, the ground and air alike felt drenched but not sticky. The moon above cast awkward shadows throughout the overhanging trees.
"Why are you here?" Damon's voice almost startled me.
"Didn't you ask me to come out here with you?"
He said nothing for a while, "I mean, you know, here." He moved his arms around indicating the entirety of 'here.'
I sighed, and saw the very exhalation before me. "I don't even know anymore."
"So," he glanced at me, "why don't we leave then?"
I stopped walking as Damon continued.
"What?"
He stopped to face me, hands still in his pockets. He shrugged, "You don't like it here, I'm bored, so why don't we just leave?" Damon continued to make slow steps towards me.
"Wait, you mean leave together?"
"Uhh, yeah." He said with a sort of 'duh' tone to it, instantly making me feel foolish.
"I don't really know you, Damon."
He stood directly in front of me looking down into my eyes, "I like drinking, traveling, and music. My name's Damon Salvatore, my brother is Stefan. Nice to meet you." He reached out a hand, indicating I shake it, and smiled.
"Tell me, Mr. Salvatore, where would we go?"
He shrugged, "Anywhere." And shoved his hands back into his pockets. "So, what do you say?"
"I want to know why."
Damon sighed, and shifted his weight, he shrugged, "I've been on my own for..." his voice trailed, "a really long time."
"So, because you're lonely you want me to just, what? Up and leave with you?"
He looked up as if considering how it sounded when said aloud, "Yeah, sounds about right."
I shook my head and rolled my eyes, beginning to walk away from him. "You're something else, Salvatore." I called over my shoulder.
Turning to watch where I was going, Damon stood in front of me. I raised an eyebrow, expecting an explanation for the impossible that just took place.
He avoided my questioning look, "Mhm, and you're belligerent."
I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. "Tell me who you are, and I'll consider it."
Damon sort of twisted his face in contempt, "Mmm, alright. Deal." He decided after only mere seconds. He grinned, "But you won't believe me when I tell you."
"If it's the truth I should have no problem believing you."
In the blink of an eye, or maybe even less, he came up from behind me; I hadn't really even seen him move. But I could feel his closeness, "Tell me, Kennadee," One could merely hear the smile in his voice and on his face, "do you believe in vampires?"