Status: Leave comments of how I'm doing, it helps and inspires my writing.

Youth Gone Wild

They call us problem child, we spend our lives on trial, we walk an endless mile

Benjamin Paul Bruce, I love you, so so so much.' I slurred as I jumped up and down as I danced around my boyfriend. It was the first time Ben had told me he loved me and I happily told him it back.

Ben started to laugh almost so much that he was about to fall down from the roof of his house. I grabbed him tightly from his hoodie and pulled him against my body.

'I love you, I love you, I love you Siren Alexandria Johanson.' Ben said after every kiss he planted all around my face.

'Promise me one thing?' I breathed against his neck. He chuckled a bit from the shivers.

'If you tell me first what I'm promising.' He kissed my shoulder.

'When your stupid band gets famous, don't forget me nor don't ever leave me.' I whispered, pressing my eyes closed. I felt his heartbeat against my cheek and mine was beating in his rhythm.

'I will never leave you nor will I forget you if you don't forget me.'


My emotions were mixed. I felt angry for myself because I broke the promise of never forgetting. I was angry for Ben for not telling me who he was, for not searching for me. I felt happy for having the only person I loved enough to cry, back into my life. I felt stupid for not noticing what was right in front of me.

Ben sat on my couch, playing with the water bottle he was holding. Joe sat on his left side and Ryan on his right. They looked like shit. Joe slept on the swing the whole night and was woken when I slapped Ben's cheek so hard I bet his mom felt it.

Ryan was found sleeping, taped on the downstairs bathroom door in the inside. Ryan and Joe weren't in the band anymore, but Ben was, with his mates he met when he moved back to England from Dubai.

Ben haven't said a word since we came back inside, Joe and Ryan on the other hand, told me everything I needed to know. Tom kept telling me about Asking Alexandria, shocking everyone with how well he knew them.

He told me about their "new" singer Danny, bassist Sam, drummer James and the other guitarist Cameron. Ben apparently played guitar and did the backup vocals which was almost the same what he did while living in Dubai.

Tom sat next to me, on the bar stools. He had begged me to let him stay, so he could stare his idols as long as he could. He was so sweet that I couldn't "say" no.

We sat in silence for hours just staring at each others, waiting for someone to start talking. Ben looked like he wanted to ask me million questions, not caring if I could answer them or not and I knew I needed to explain many things to him.

'Hey twat, come here.' I whistled to a handsome lad with brown hair that was probably straightened. He had blue eyes and pierced lip, spider bites if I'm correct.

'You are Siren, right?' He smiled licking his lips. I nodded, knowing that i were the most wanted bird at the moment around here because i were new.

'I'm Ben.' He sounded sweet, still a bit cocky. I asked him to guide me around th school because he knew everything and apparently everyone.

The bell rang and everyone rushed to their classes like i was about to when Ben took a firm grip on my wrist and started to pull me out of the building.

'Skipping?' I asked in amused tone and started to go through my jacket pockets. When i finally found the pack of cigarettes we had already climbed on the roof of the school.

Week later, he asked me to go out with him on the same spot on the roof where we spent most of our school days.


'Don't cry, please.' I heard Ben whisper. He was staring me into the eyes with no emotion.

I shook my head and wiped the tears away before focusing my eyes on Ben again. He looked like he was hesitating should he get up or not, but he did. The water bottle wasn't in his hands anymore, it was on the table, next to his phone.

Step by step he got closer to me following my expressions closely, everytime i blinked, he gulped and everytime i licked my lips he started to hesitate about taking the next step closer to me.

Ben was a bit surprised when I got up from my seat too and walked towards him, arms wide apart, inviting him into a hug. I really wanted to know if he felt the same like he used to. We hugged last night, but we were fully pissed and i didn't know who he was so this was different.

Joe and Ryan asked Tom to go for smoke with them and he got the hint immediately. Soon we were left alone inte middle of my living room, hugging each others, pulling our bodies closer, gripping tighter not wanting it to end.

'I missed you so bad.' he whispered and moved his head from the crook of my neck so that our foreheads were pressed against.
His sweet cigarette, whiskey breath hit my face, bringing back a loads of memories of him.

For the first time in about six years I was about to speak, I was about to tell him how much I had missed him even when I couldn't remember him, how much I still loved him but something stopped me.

'I'll better get that, it's Sam's ringtone.' Ben sighed and stepped away from me, leaving me with a feeling of loneliness.

I watched as he lifted the phone from the table to his ear. He was rubbing his temple and answered the phone with a loud sigh and a simple hello.

'Yeah Sam, I'm at one of my old mates.' he sighed. He looked stressed and annoyed until he opened his closed eyes and looked at my direction. He seemed to relax a bit as he sent me a small smile.

'Yeah, I'll come home in ten.' he said into the phone, staring straight into my eyes. The word home made my heart sunk. I had completely forgot his bird just in ten minutes.

Ben picked up all his belongings, still talking into the phone. He waved me goodbye, but before he disappeared from the door he mother me those three words I hadn't heard him saying since I was sixteen.

I ran after him, watching as he climbed into his car and drove off. I hugged my body tightly to warm myself as I made may way back inside as fast as I could.

Tom was sitting on the couch, smiling at me. Joe and Ryan had apparently left before Ben, because we were all alone.

'I'm going to help you get him.'