Status: Hope you enjoy it!!!

Dreams

You will live for eternity

I woke up early the next morning, though you couldn’t really tell, there weren’t any windows. I had the whole night to think about what I had done, brought a Cleanser into our home. I began to pace, backwards and forwards and I couldn’t think of what I should do. I burst out of the bathroom and into Kadence’s room.

“Did you know about it?” I screamed, losing control completely. She looked at me weakly from her paralysed position, eyes confused.
“Cole?” She asked. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“Don’t pretend, Dad warned me about your kind!” I cried. “I shouldn’t have done this!” I sobbed and buried my face into my hands.
Kadence reached an arm out of the bed. “I’m really sorry, but I can’t help you, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She went to hold my hand but I flinched away.
“You can’t stay here anymore.” I said finally. Kadence looked puzzled and hurt.

I dragged the bed into the living room. Zandra was sat on the sofa with my Mum. Her eyes were red from crying and she was shaking uncontrollably.
“What’s happened?” I asked, rushing towards them.
“Zandra’s Dad is dead,” Mum replied gravely, attempting to comfort Zandra. “He complained that he wouldn’t earn a living in here and stormed out. There was another Glow. I should have told you all last night, but I thought it would distress you.”

I began to breathe heavily from rage. Zandra was the kindest person, how could this happen to her? I grabbed the bed firmly with both hands and pushed it towards the door.
“Cole, where are you going?” Mum asked, worried. “Get back here now.”
“I have to do something,” I said and kicked open the door, pushing the bed through it. And I shut it behind me, leaving Kadence.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Mum screamed. “Get her in here now!”
“I can’t Mum,” I cried desperately.
“She will die!” Mum screamed.
I couldn’t just leave her to die. I pushed open the door and saw her lying there, sobbing and helpless. And I loved her, I shouldn’t, but I did. I shut the door behind me and sat by her side.

“If this is to do with what I can’t remember, that isn’t me now and it never will be.” She said with a weak smile. “When I can walk, I’ll help you.”
She said it with such honesty that truly believed her.
“I’m so sorry for being so horrible,” I said apologetically.
“Whatever’s happening out there is big, I don’t understand it, but it must be horrible for all of you. And the fact that you took me in when you found me is so unbelievable, I don’t think anyone would do that.”

I looked around the living room of my actual house. The windows had been smashed, the TV stolen and the sofas were slashed. There was rioting and looting after the last Glow, it’s sickening. People die, so you take their stuff. And you take the stuff of those who are grieving.

“You have a beautiful home,” Kadence remarked, looking around.
“It’s yours too,” I replied. “You can stay here for as long as you like.”
“You’re really generous,” she said with a beaming smile.
I felt like kissing her, how could I after screaming at her 10 minutes previous? She was so forgiving, kind and gentle. But I held her hand in mine and we sat there for what seemed like hours, in each other’s gaze.

A loud siren that rang in my ears and pounded in my head like a drum broke this beautiful silence. I ran to the one remaining window and peered through the curtain. Everyone who lived on the street had come out of their houses and onto the road. A large tank was riding along the road and it came to a halt in the middle of the street.

“We have found a way to access the craft of the Cleansers,” a man boomed. He was standing on top of the tank, armed with a megaphone. “I need soldiers, to accompany me and many others up to the craft. You will be paid for the risk you will be undertaking and I cannot guarantee your survival physically. But go on this craft and you will live for eternity, you will go down in history. Who will join me?”

“I will just be one minute,” I said to Kadence as I pushed her bed back into the shelter, she began to protest but I closed the door behind her. This was my chance to prove to Dad that I was actually worth something. I ruffled up my hair, trying to make myself look tougher and I strode out of my front door.
“I’ll join.” I shouted, making my way towards the tank. Many stared at me in disbelief as I strode confidently towards the huge vehicle and climbed up the ladder.
“Well done,” the man said, helping me up onto the roof. “Who else will join this brave young man?”

The silence was deafening. Everyone exchanged worried glances. No one else was willing to join.
“If you change your minds, the headquarters are at the town hall,” the man boomed and the tank drove away.

I was going to fulfil my dream. Be an army officer, prove my Dad proud and maybe have a family. We were half way down the road when reality hit me and I realised that I might not survive. I may never see Kadence again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, not so sure about this chapter myself! Sorry it's been so long since I have updated and thank you soo much to my subscribers and those who have recommended it! Thank you also for taking the time to read this story, I really appreciate it :-)

Please comment x