Status: Hope you enjoy it!!!

Dreams

And then I woke up

He had left so quickly I couldn’t even say goodbye. My head hurt and I was so confused. I looked around and unfamiliar faces stared at me, as I lay motionless on the bed. I was scared, I felt vulnerable, unprotected without Cole.

“Hello,” said a woman. She looked kind and gentle as she handed me a bowl of soup. Her hair was tied back in a ponytail, but her blond hair cascaded down her back like a waterfall. She wore a simple, floral dress and a smile, but her eyes were red from crying. “I’m Cole’s Mum, I’m going to look after you now he’s gone.”

She broke down in tears, sobbing uncontrollably. “I’m so sorry,” she said hastily, gathering herself together. “I must seem so hysterical. It’s just my husband is a soldier and I worry about him so much. I don’t even know why I’m telling you this, you don’t need to worry, you’re safe in here.
“Cole was extremely kind to me, he rescued me when most people would have left me to die,” I replied, placing my hand comfortingly on hers. “He will be fine. I know he will.” She smiled and walked off, poor woman.

Cole. I felt my heart beat quicken whenever I heard his name and everyone time he touched me I felt a shiver run down my spine. And when he looked at me, I could stay in that dreamy gaze for eternity.

What was I thinking? I was a random girl he found injured. As soon as I was back to health, I would probably go. He was too kind to ask me to, but I knew I would have to go. He had done enough for me. Besides, the girl in the corner probably had something to do with him, maybe his girlfriend. She was tall, blond and beautiful, just like him. But she wasn’t genuine; she paraded round with some sort of paint on her face and pouted her lips. Her name was Angel and I felt a surge of hate every time she walked past me. It was clear that Cole’s friend Quest was truly besotted with her, but every time he tried to help her, talk to her, she ignored him.

I sat, staring at the wall, hoping it would trigger some memories. But nothing. It didn’t seem like such a good idea; Cole didn’t seem to trust me. I think it might be something to do with what I’ve forgotten.

“Hey, you alright?” Quest asked, he hung around with Cole so much I knew his name.
“Not really,” I replied solemnly.
“Don’t be worried about Cole, they won’t even let him leave the town hall,” he said casually.
“What?” I asked in disbelief.
“His Dad knows people in the army, that’s all he ever told me, but he must be important. There’s no way he’ll let him go to war.”

I felt better. Just with him around I felt safer. It was the middle of the afternoon, but I was so tired that I fell asleep. And I had a dream.

I was in house, I could hear something roaring outside and I rushed across the gleaming floor. It was water, crashing in waves against a sandy shoreline. I looked down at the floor and a beautiful baby girl was looking at me with purple eyes. She had gorgeous long hair that covered her face with bouncy golden curls and she giggled as she saw me. She looked so much like Cole. This beautiful silence was interrupted as a giant, furry creature came bounding towards me. I jumped backwards, but it sat directly in front of me, with sweet eyes and a drooling mouth. I had never seen a creature like it before. I looked at the silver tag around it’s neck, Findlay.

“I’m home,” announced a voice from another room. I peered through a crack in the door.
“Cole?” I asked, in disbelief.
“Who did you think it was?” He asked, pulling me into a close embrace. “I’m sorry I’m late, I got held up at the office.” And he kissed me. It wasn’t quick, it was tender and passionate, meaningful. When he finally pulled away I let out a little sigh and he looked at me, beaming from ear to ear.

I looked at his uniform, he was an army officer, highly decorated. He stood proud in the glistening medals and gave me a smile before he walked off. I looked around the room and I saw images. Images of Cole and I at our wedding, a picture of me holding the little baby girl and Cole and I, sitting on the sand outside the house. I looked down at myself; I was also wearing a military uniform with the badge E.D. The Earth Defence. Life was perfect.

And then I woke up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I love writing this story and I hope you like reading it!

Please comment x

:-)