Status: I can't promise an update within a few days of each other. I'm a very busy person.

Troublemaker

Doesn't Matter What My Family's Saying Too

The drive was unbearable for both of them. Nick worried that his parents would immediately dismiss her; Zoe worried that they would hate her and keeps Nick from her. Although the reasons they gave for the nerves being on edge were different, their worried were all the same in the end.

He looked at her before leaving the car and smiled. They gave each other a kiss, assuring one another it would be okay. Nick got out of the car, opened her door, and took her hand to walk into the restaurant. After entering, they both felt seriously underdressed. Zoe fretted over the fact that she wore church chic while everyone in this restaurant had on couture chic.

“I am so underdressed right now.” She whispered to them as they walked to the reserved table.

“You look gorgeous.” He assured her. When she saw his parents sitting at the lonely table in the back, her heart made a flip flop, then she wanted to laugh.

When he said she hadn’t met buttoned up yet, he wasn’t joking. She took in his mom, the perfect soccer mom who plays golf on the weekends. Or maybe tennis?

His dad wore a three piece suit and looked very uncomfortable. Zoe thought to herself; maybe he’s not as stuck up as Nick made him out to be.

“Mom, Dad, this is Zoe. My girlfriend.” Her heart jumped a little at the usage of the word girlfriend out of Nick’s mouth, and she had to focus on getting out a decent handshake.

“Hello there.” She was so nervous her southern drawl came out a lot worse than it normally is.

“Hello. I’m Denise; this is my husband, Paul.” She said. His mom looked disinterested; his dad’s eyes had a light behind them she hadn’t noticed when they came to the table.

Zoe and Nick sat down, taking in the fanciness of the place that made Zoe want to scoff and snort at the ridiculousness.

“Well, Nick, how is the South treating you?” Zoe soon found that Paul was a man of few words, she thought mainly because Denise wouldn’t let him get his two cents in on anything.

“It’s treating me well, I love it here.” Nick smiled at his mother. They all put in their orders to the waiter, Zoe was unsure on what to order so she poked Nick for help. He showed her something appropriate and she abided by his word.

“So, tell me about yourself.” Zoe didn’t think Denise was too sincere about this question, but she didn’t care so she just started firing things off.

“Well, I went to college at the University of Georgia, Atlanta. I work at a gas station for fun. I don’t like snobs.” Nick poked Zoe in the side; him glad his mother wasn’t paying attention to what Zoe was saying.

“What did you go to school for?” Paul got out before Denise could rule the conversation some more. It went on like that until the food had come and been consumed. During desert, Zoe thought about Nick’s brothers and wondered why they didn’t come with them.

“Where are Nick’s brothers?”

“Oh, well, Kevin is busy with his lovely little wife. She comes from old money and she is just too cute.” Nick glared at his mom, wanting to strangle her. “Joe is in the Hamptons with his newest girlfriend. She’s quite nice too.” Zoe could feel the arrogance coming off of Denise like a fine perfume.

“Oh, yes, dahling!” Zoe was very dramatic with this statement, putting on a rich Yankee accent. Paul snorted and then sipped his wine when Denise scowled at him. “I’m sorry; we just don’t think much about money around these parts. You either have it or you don’t, we don’t care.”

Denise’s face was worth a million bucks. She acted offended that such a place could exist. “And you like living here, Nick?” Denise asked her second youngest son.

“I do, I love it, actually.” He squeezed Zoe’s hand that he just realized he was holding.

“I see no problem with it.” Paul shot out before someone could cut him off.

“You don’t, do you?” Denise looked at him, anger fumes coming from all the orifices in her face.

“Actually, it seems quite nice. Golf courses everywhere, beautiful, incredible women, “ Paul winked at Zoe after saying this, “and money isn’t everything.”

“Well, I never.” Denise was truly offended and this made Nick’s day, possibly year.

“Never what, mom? Been somewhere where your bank account doesn’t matter? Your education doesn’t matter? There’s actually a lot of educated people here, they just chose to do something they like doing better than being bored, Zoe is a good example. I am done with this dinner. Dad, you’re freaking awesome and I’m glad you finally spoke out about something. Zoe and I love each other and I’m done with this family. Every time, I swear. Come on Zoe, we’re gone.”

Nick’s anger had been rising slowly throughout the whole dinner and to see his mother talk to his father like that hit the final nail in the head.

Zoe astutely followed Nick out of the restaurant and they made their way back to Zoe’s apartment. When they arrived he got out of the car; Zoe was so shocked she didn’t want to move. He came around to her door, though, and opened it up.

“Can I come inside, please? I need a drink.” He closed his eyes as she made her way out of his car.

“Sure, it’s a little messy, I hope you don’t mind.”

“It’s not a big deal. I’m not with your apartment, I’m with you.” He said as they both huffed up the stairs. She opened up and went straight to the fridge. She grabbed him a beer, which he immediately popped open and drank as fast as his throat would let him.

When he was done, and Zoe was taking off her stockings and shoes, his lust for her grew hot.

He went to her, taking off her clothes as he had her picked up slightly in one arm, taking her to the bedroom.

They made love until wee late hours until they fell asleep beside each other. Zoe didn’t ask questions, she just fell asleep in his arms and decided to use tomorrow to ask questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
*sigh* I'm glad to get that out of my system.

<3 HammiSanz