Status: Currently on hold.

Ghosts in the Snow

Chapter Five

I hate my nervous system. I'm going to have to give Kellin the picture sometime, and fast. If I keep it any longer and give it to him later on, he'll think I'm a creep! I could only imagine what he would think, 'you kept a picture of me for that long?! Fucking creep.' Even now it would be awkward like, 'oh hey Kellin. I hope this isn't weird but I have a picture of you that I kept for myself since the day of the fire, but here ya go.' Very awkward...
Calm down Vic! Just assure him that you found it and didn't know what address to send it to. But that would be a fat ass lie, I wouldn't want to lie to him. Just hand it to him alright? I'm sure Kellin would appreciate it. Well of course he would. I mean it IS a picture of himself. Who wouldn't want a memorial admiration of such... Beauty...
Mike and I arrived at Mission Bay High and the first person I see is the man himself. Smiling like an idiot, I walked up to him. He was sitting on the railing of the stairs leading up to the school entrance. He was facing east, starring off into the distance. I tapped him on the shoulder and grabbed the picture out of my backpack, "hey Kellin, saw your message on facebook. I just wanted to give you this because I found it on the sidewalk and I didn't know what address to send it too and I'm pretty sure it's you because it has your name on the back of it."
Oh shit..! What the hell were you thinking Vic? Everything came out so fast and now he thinks your a fucking creep! "Oh my god, thank you so much! My mother has been looking for this. It was taken on one of my birthdays and we thought it had burned in the fire," his glowing eyes sparkled with joy. He took the frame and pulled me into an embrace. H-he's hugging me...
"K-kellin..." I stuttered. He quickly let go and his eyes dropped to his feet.
"Sorry about that, but thanks again Vic." He looked me in the eye for a split second and walked into the school. He called me Vic... Only my family calls me that. Except Tony and Jaime but I haven't talked to them since they moved last month. I stood there in astonishment, starring at the ground Kellin once stood.
"Did I just witness that?" I had almost completely forgotten about Mike. I turned to him and felt my cheeks flush.

~~
Mike wondered if Kellin went to this school and was in my grade, why I didn't know him the day we found the picture. I explained to him about everything like how Kellin was homeschooled at first and he had to go here now since his parents had to work a lot more.
"So you've had this picture the whole time, you lied to mom, dad, and me?" Mike looked disappointed. He seemed sad because I didn't tell him everything at first.
"Mike look, I'm sorry but I was just scared mom and dad would think something was up. I was gonna give it to the family anyways. Just don't tell them about it," if I hadn't looked up in time, I would have almost bumped into some 9th grader.
"I wouldn't anyways, but why would you be scared they'd think something was up? It's only a picture," I was caught. "I mean you've just been acting strange lately. Is everything all right?" Have I really been acting strange? I guess I would have to tell him what's really been going on with me, what emotions I really am feeling. Mikey is my little brother after all, I wouldn't want him worrying about me.
"Well... Go in the boy's bathroom with me." I grabbed Mike by the arm and pulled him into the closet restroom. The bell was about to ring but I didn't care. No one seemed to be in the bathroom so I started talking.
"I don't really know how to explain this but... Well you've known I've liked guys for quite a while and I know this might be a lot of information for you. B-but... The day I s-saw Kellin in the picture..."
I closed my eyes and felt like these slow explanations were paralyzing me. A thousand butterflies entered my stomach and I snapped.
"I FUCKING LIKE HIM, OKAY?!" Tears formed in Mike's eyes. Oh shit... What have I done?! I heard one of the stall doors behind me open and my eyes grew from angry to shock as I turned around to find Kellin right there in front of me. His once green blue eyes were in confusion and he had a look on his face that I assumed to be pure disgust.
I had that feeling again... Anxiety attacks. My head was pounding and I ran out of the room. The bell rang and I heard footsteps behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short, but this is a big turn in this plot. I changed the title from Love a First Glance to Ghosts in the Snow. I feel like it is more interesting and fits the story more. I also made a new and improved layout. Banner credits to Dani. Also thanks for all the comments, rec, and subs. :D