Status: Active for now

Underdog, Just Look at the Mess You Made

I Know Something You Don't

Jamie's POV

The next few days I spent with Sarah, Victoria(Dan and Matt's gfs) and Krisi. Sarah and Victoria accepted her right away and I knew the four of us would be just as much trouble as the boys themselves.

"UM WHAT ARE WE DOING TODAY." Sarah yelled from my bedroom floor.

Krisi and Victoria just stared at me like I knew the answer.

"Fuck if I know." I shrugged.

My phone went off beside me and I picked it up to see a text from Josh reminding us of the graduation party tomorrow.

"SHIT." I shouted.

The girls looked at me funny and waited patiently for me to explain my sudden outburst.

"The graduation party is tomorrow night!" I said, throwing my hands up.

All of their eyes widened and we all knew what was happening.

"Shopping!" they all shouted at once and scrambled up from my floor. I replied to Josh saying to grab the guys and meet us at the mall. We rushed out the door and piled into Victoria's car, blasting whatever shitty songs came on the radio. When we arrived at the mall, we took off in separate directions at first, but quickly doubled back and started laughing.

"Oh my god. Did we really just do that?" Victoria said in between laughs.

"No laughing in my mall!" I heard Matt's voice ring out.

We all shut up and turned to see our boys walking toward us. Victoria let out a squeal and ran to Matt. Sarah and Dan shyly walked toward each other. It was so cute I could have thrown up. Max was at Krisi's side in two seconds laughing and joking with her. I stared at my friends being so cute with each other and then looked back at Josh wondering why we couldn't be that way....

More like why we couldn't be together...

"Hey. You feeling better?" Josh asked as the 9 of us began our journey through the mall.

"Yeah, but I'll be even better tomorrow night when I'm completely trashed out of my mind." I replied with a smile.

Josh laughed and grabbed my hand. We walked in silence into the first store and he followed me while I looked at various dresses and skirts. I sighed as I skimmed through a rack of beautiful dresses knowing I wouldn't feel comfortable in any of them. Victoria, Sarah, and Krisi had already picked out numerous outfits to try on and all I had in my hands was a new fedora. I felt Josh's hand on my shoulder and turned to look at him.

"You're gonna look beautiful in anything you wear, I promise. Don't let this get to you."

I looked away and felt tears in my eyes. This was not the time to be getting upset over this, but I really couldn't help it.

"Josh is right. You're hot. You're gonna be hot when you're 50. So cheer up, babygirl. We hate seeing you like this." Max chimed in.

I smiled at his comment and choked back the tears before they could roll out. Josh wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight. When he pulled away, everyone was smiling at me, and I could feel my face heating up. I laughed to ease the tension when Josh grabbed my hand and pulled me to a rack full of nice dresses.

"I saw you eying this dress a few times, and I think you should go try it on." He said with a smile.

I picked up the dress and smiled. It was short, deep blue, strapless dress with a big black belt on it. The skirt had a black lace petticoat underneath. It was beautiful. I followed my girls into the dressing room and tried it on. I didn't look in the mirror. I was too nervous, so instead I stepped outside of my room and everyone turned to me. I sucked in a breath and waited for a response from someone, anyone.

"Damn." Matt and Dan mumbled.

Max, Chris, and Josh all had enormous grins on their faces and Victoria, Sarah, and Krisi were all squealing with excitement.

"Normally I'd be upset that my boyfriend is gawking over another girl, but he's right. Damn, you look good in that dress!" Sarah said while snapping her fingers.

I felt the heat rise up to my face again and Josh walked over to me.

"Are you ready?" he asked quietly.

I shook my head. I was too scared to even look.

"Well you have to be." he said, and with that he grabbed my shoulders and turned me to face the mirror.

My hand immediately flew up to my mouth and I could feel the tears rolling down my face.

"Jamie, don't cry." Josh said quickly and pulled me into a hug.

I started laughing and pulled away. Everyone had a confused look on their face. I laughed harder and turned back to the mirror. When I was calm enough to speak, I took a deep breath and said,

"They're happy tears, guys. I'm okay with how I look in this dress. No negative thoughts. I'm finally starting to be okay."

I was, wasn't I?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments guys! Keep em coming! <3