Status: Active for now

Underdog, Just Look at the Mess You Made

I Could Fall in Love with You

Jamie's POV

I woke up with a slight headache in Joel's bed. He had been such a gentlemen last night and wouldn't sleep until I said I would take the bed and he would sleep in the living room. We stayed up most of the night, so it didn't surprise me when I looked at my phone and the time flashed 2 pm. It also said I had 7 missed calls and 5 texts from Josh. They were all angry and assuming so I just didn't reply. It wasn't worth the fighting today. I climbed out of the warm bed and made my way into the living room to see if Joel was awake. One eye opened as I approached him, and a smile graced his face.

"good morning sleepy head." I told him as I sat on the ground beside him.

"I'm not sleeeeeeepy." he said and grabbed me, pulling me into his arms and under the blanket.

I laughed and kissed his cheek. His cheeks flushed and he giggled as well. He put his hand on my face and kissed me softly. He rolled himself on top of me and I tangled my fingers in his wild, curly hair. He kissed me so softly and I couldn't stop smiling. His fingers trailed under my shirt and up my sides. Chills set in when i felt his cool fingertips just under my breasts. I sucked in a deep breathe and gripped his neck a little tighter.

"Is this okay?" he asked quietly.

I nodded slowly and he kissed my cheek and moved to my neck. In the back of my mind I felt a little guilty for letting this happen, but then again why should I? Josh was all over that other girl last night. And it's not like Joel took advantage of me last night. This is the most intimate we've been since I got here. Last night we watched movies and wrote music together.

I even sang for Joel.

I pushed whatever guilt I felt aside and let it happen. After all, I was young and had no prior commitments. Josh didn't want me. If he wanted me, he would have said so. I was nothing more than a best friend to him. And if that's how he felt, I would move on.

And Joel was the perfect distraction from him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I headed home around 5 pm, still wearing Joel's clothes. Josh's car was in my driveway and panic set in. I opened the door slowly and saw my mom in the kitchen.

"Josh is upstairs, sweetie." she said, not looking at me.

"Thanks." I said and headed for my room.

I opened the door cautiously and Josh sat at the foot of my bed with my guitar in his hands.

"I know something you don't
It comes and goes
Like the strength in your bones, whoa
So keep your mind at a rest
I'll never let the two of us be friends
Does it hurt?

Underdog, just look at the mess you made
Its such a shame, a shame
We had to find out this way

You must have the must have moment in your hands
And its sad to think that this season I'm gonna change
Just not face to face
It ain't broke, so don't fix it

Underdog, just look at the mess you made
Its such a shame, a shame
We had to find out this way
Revenge loves company, three makes it a crowd
So wash your mouth, sit this one out

And I'm down,
Down but definitely not out
Yeah, why did you call me again?
I bet I bet we don't make it
Cause I never take advice from my
Friends in very high places
They're only making bets to themselves,
selves they're very, very selfish,
We'll keep you in mind in the end

Underdog, just look at the mess you made
It such a shame, a shame
We had to find out this way
Revenge loves company, three makes it a crowd
So wash your mouth, sit this one out"

"That was really good." I told him.

He didn't say anything, nor did he look at me. He set my guitar down and pulled his knees to his chest.

"Did you have fun last night?" he asked with no emotion.

I nodded my head.

"Why didn't you answer my texts?"

"I didn't feel like it."

"You were a completely different person last night. What the hell was that?"

"Alcohol."

I walked over to my closet and picked out some clothes. I was gonna go over to Krisi's tonight. I needed some girl time. Josh was starting to get on my nerves. I heard him sigh and the bed move.

"I'll see you later."

My door slammed and just like that, I was left alone again.

What the hell is his problem?
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda filler-ish? idk. do you guys even like this?