Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

026:

Chapter Twenty Six
"So when are you gunna come up?" Milan asked as he got out of my car, "And when are you going to get rid of this piece of crap? You have money to get a new car."

"I've bonded with her," I laughed and Milan rolled his eyes, "Leave my car alone and I don't know, we'll see if you or I make it to the All Stars."

"All right," Milan said as we walked to the end of my car and leaned against it, seeing the bus pull up in front of the hotel that the boys were staying at.

Tyler, Tuukka and Nathan pulled up in the SUV that they borrow to go to my house and parked in the spot next to me. They all needed to go up to their rooms and gather their things. We were still early, I followed them into the hotel and walked with them as they got into the elevator. I felt Milan's fingers slip into mine and I leaned against him and turned my body a little.

The elevator dinged saying that we were on the right floor and I followed the guys as they walked out and headed to their assigned rooms, Milan and Nathan roomed together, but Tyler and Tuukka each had different roommates. We walked into the room and I immediately jumped onto the untouched bed, knowing it was Milan's.

No one really said anything, now knowing what to say really. They gather their things and then we walked out of the room and then went back outside, seeing some of the guys on the bus. Nathan gave me one last big hug and a kiss on the head before getting on the bus.

There were still some guys that needed to come out, so Milan and I walked over towards me car and leaned against the truck. He wrapped his arms around my neck and I smiled and placed my hands on his chest.

"Call me when you guys get home," I said and Milan nodded his head.

"Red!" I heard and turned to see Tuukka, Tyler, Andrew, Patrice and Shawn Thornton walking over. I smiled and then hugged them all, they told me good game and they would see me again soon.

I turned back towards Milan after waving to the others on the bus and he pressed his lips against mine. I smiled brightly when he pulled away, his hands still on my hips, "Have a safe flight."

"I'll miss you," Milan said and I smirked and nodded my head.

"You better," we laughed and Milan sighed and I looked up to see that he was looking to his side.

"I'll talk to you later," Milan said as he kissed my forehead and I looked to see that Brad was walking over, he looked nervous, he had every right to be nervous. I heard Milan mutter for Brad to fix this as he walked past him and headed onto the bus.

I leaned against my car and watched as Brad came up to me, "Alyssa," he sighed and looked at me sadly, "I know that there's nothing I could say that could make up for the stupid things that I've done, but I'm truly sorry."

"You can't just say 'things' Brad," I said as I rolled my eyes and looked at the ground, "You-"

"I'm sorry that I went behind your back and talked to your mother, I honestly just wanted your relationship with her to be better- I know she did fucked up things, but-"

"That's sweet of you, really, but-"

"I'm sorry I lied to you multiple times about sleeping with your mother, I'm sorry, it really wasn't worth it and I don't know what I was thinking doing it- I'm sorry for being an asshole to you! I'm sorry for taking this friendship for granted, you're like a little sister to me Red, I don't want to lose that," he said and I bit my lip and sighed, "I know I haven't been the best, best friend lately and I'm so sorry for that," Brad muttered and I looked at him, "I never meant to hurt you."

"No more talking to her," I said and Brad looked at me confused, "None, don't talk to her, see her, 'sleep' with her-"

"I haven't talked to her since Christmas- No wait, lie, sorry, she came over to my place and waited to talk, but I made her leave," he said and I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Did you send me that package?" I asked knowing that it wasn't him, but I wanted to see what he would say.

"God no! I didn't even know she taped it," Brad said and I cracked my knuckles.

"You know what that means," I sighed and Brad looked at me confused, "She knows where I live, because she's the only other person that would send it."

"There's a comforting thought," Brad said and I snorted and shook my head, a smirk on my face, "I've missed you, Red."

"Don't fuck this up again, Marshy! Or I'll punch you harder!" I growled and Brad smiled and nodded his head.

"You've gotten better," he said and rubbed his chin and I laughed, "Had practice on Staal and Crosby, eh?"

"Shut up," I muttered and smirked towards him, "I've missed you."

"I know," he said and I scoffed and then shook my head. Brad sighed and then wrapped his arms around my neck and I wrapped my arms around his chest, "I'm sad I wasn't invited to the sleep over last night."

"Oh, you didn't miss much, just the orgy," I said and Brad laughed and shook his head.

"I'll have to bust the guys," he said and I smirked and nodded my head. Brad placed his hand on my wrist and sighed, "I'm not gunna screw this up again, I promise- I know you won't be able to trust me right away, but I'm gunna get that trust back, Alyssa- I swear it."

I nodded my head and looked to see that Brad's Coach looked like he was waiting on Brad, "You'd better get going, you're holding up your teammates."

Brad nodded his head and then hugged me again before heading back onto the bus. I waved to everyone and watched as their bus drove off and then stood there, leaning against my car and sighed. I turned around and looked at my old Cobalt and decided that maybe the guys were right, maybe it was time for a new car.

-Milan-
"So you and Red, eh?" Patrice smirked as he stuck his head in the space between the seats.

"Yeah," I smirked and Patrice laughed.

"So you were who Green was talking about yesterday," Andrew Ference said and I nodded my head, "Nice."

"So Marshy, are you and Red good? You never told us why she punched you," Johnny Boychuk said and I sighed.

"Yeah, we're good," I heard Brad say and I smirked, happy that everything was going to go back to normal.

The bus dropped us off at the airport and we all helped load the bottom of the plain with our gear and personal bags. We walked up the stairs onto the plane and I heard some of the guys talking from behind me and I picked up on Alyssa's name and turned around.

"Looch, what do you think of the idea? Think Big Z will like it?" Tuukka asked and I looked at him confused, "Talking to Pete about maybe making Red a Bruin."

Pete being the General Manager to the Boston Bruins, Peter Chiarelli, '...It's not a bad idea, but will they go for it?...'

"I think it's an awesome idea, she would be great on the team, and at least she won't be a Cap," Nathan smirked and I nodded my head.

Zdeno came up behind us and took the seat across from ours, he sat with Tim Thomas and they were in a conversation when Nathan went over towards them, took the seat in front of them and turned around, leaning against the seat.

"So Z, we have an idea," Tuukka said as he came up next to Nathan.

"Most of your ideas are ridicules, Tuuk," Tim said and I smirked.

"What is it?" Chara asked.

"Maybe we could talk to Pete about trading for Red?" Nathan said and Chara looked at me and I nodded my head, "She's really good, I mean- Come on, the hat trick yesterday-"

Chara sighed and I knew this wasn't going well, "She's good, don't get me wrong- But she's not a Bruin."

"Why not? I think she could handle it!" Tyler said and Nathan turned around and told him to shut up.

"Keep quiet, rookie," I muttered and Tyler sighed.

"What are we known for?" Chara asked.

"Our awesomeness," Patrice said and I snorted and heard some of the others laugh.

"Bruins are known for their toughness," he said and I sighed, knowing he was right, "We get into fights, we check people- Alyssa's not that-"

"She punched Staal and Crosby! And Marshy!" Tuukka said and I rubbed my face, "She can handle herself."

"I'll talk to Pete about maybe next season, but I don't think he's going to go for it," Chara said and I nodded my head, knowing that he was probably right.

'...AJ's good, but she's not- No I can't even say that she's not Bruins' good because she alone kicked or asses yesterday...' I thought and then stopped paying attention to their conversation, '...That would be awesome if she became a Bruin...'