Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

027:

Chapter Twenty Seven
-Alyssa-
“Damn girl! I see you finally got that upgrade!” Nick said as I pulled up next to him and rolled my window down next to the group of guys wondering who was pulling up.

“Nice car,” Mike said and I smirked and pulled into a parking spot and got out, seeing some of the guys walking over.

“It’s not a Bentley, but I like her!” I smiled and the guys laughed and looked over my brand new shiny red Chevy Camaro.

“You like your American muscle,” Mike said and I smirked.

“I prefer Canadian muscle,” I smirked as I walked past him and winked, earning a few ‘Oooo’s as I walked past the rest of the guys.

We didn’t have practice or anything, just some of us like to get to get and get some lifting in, help each other out in the exercise room. We walked into the locker room and changed into my sports bra and athletic shorts while the guys waited outside. It usually wasn’t a problem because I would already have it on under my pregame clothes, or I would have it underneath a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, but I didn’t think about it today.

“I’ll meet you up there,” I said as I walked past the guys and headed down the hall and turned the corner. I threw my hair up into a pony tail and started my arm stretches as I continued down the hallway and towards the opened space where we kicked the soccer ball around. I heard my name and turned around to see Alex walking up to me, already changed, “Boy, you moved fast today,” I laughed and he smirked and rolled his eyes.

Alex grabbed the soccer ball and started to bounce it on the top of his feet and then on his knees, hitting it off of his chest and then passing it to me by bouncing it off of his head. I caught it on my knee and bounced it a few times.

“So two players from the team made the All Star draft list,” Alex said and I passed the ball back to him.

“Really?”

“Yeah, they asked me, but I wasn’t for it this year,” he said and I looked at my Captain confused.

“What’s wrong? Usually you’d jump at the chance to go,” I said and he sighed and shook his head, “You wanna talk about it?”

“Not really, but-“

“Is it Maria?” I asked, talking about his long time girlfriend.

“She thinks that I fool around when we’re at our away games, I try to tell her that when we do go out, I barely touch an alcoholic drink,” he said and I sighed.

“Sounds like she has some trust issues,” I said and Alex nodded his head, “Do you love her? I know you’ve been going out for a while.”

“Yeah, I want to propose to her on our vacation this summer- but I don’t know- I think she broke up with me last night.”

“What happened?”

“She found some old pictures on the computer-“

“Ah the internet,” I said and Alex rolled his eyes and nodded his head

“They were from the season before we met, I tried to tell her that-“

“She’s not listening?” I asked and he shook his head.

“I ended up sleeping at Green’s place because she kicked me out,” he sighed and I caught the ball when he passed it to me.

“Alex, you want me to talk to her? Come on, I know you’re a little crazy, but I know for a fact that you would never do anything to hurt her,” I said and Alex nodded his head, “I’ll talk to her, go by your place later?”

“Yeah, thanks,” he said and I smirked and nodded my head and then passed the ball just to see it being stolen by Nick midair.

“Nick!” I yelled and he laughed and walked back to us. The other guys walked over and Nick past the ball to Marcus and soon we formed a big circle and started to kick the ball around, “So who are the two that made it onto the draft list?”

“You and Wideman,” he said and my eyes widened.

“Me?” I asked and Alex nodded my head, “Why me?”

“What do you mean why?” Mike asked.

“I mean, I didn’t think I would be picked,” I said and Semin smiled towards me.

“Now hold on, you still don’t know if you made the team, the Captains still need to pick the teams,” Mike said.

“Well if I do get picked, there goes my plans for my week off,” I whined and the guys chuckled.

“Oh yeah, speaking of week off!” Nick said and some of the guys laughed when I pouted a little, “I’m thinking about a trip to the South?” most of the guys said that they were in and started to make plans to go down to Florida to have some fun on the beach.

“Yeah thanks! When Wideman and I are freezing our asses off in Ottawa, you’ll all be by the beach soaking up some sun! Thanks!”

“No problem,” Nick said and I snorted.

“So what were your plans, AJ?” Semin asked.

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck, “I was gunna take care of some stuff.”

“Like what?” Semin asked.

“I was gunna head up to Halifax to see my dad, guess he hasn’t been doing too well,” I sighed and then caught the ball from Jason and bounced it on my knees, “Then I was gunna stop in Boston to see my mom.”

“You think that would have been the best idea?” Mike asked and I scoffed.

“No, but it was something that needed to be done,” I sighed and then past the ball to Mike, “Plus, I needed to have a conversation with Marchand.”

“And then get arrested for punching him again,” Alex smirked and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m feeling like I missed a whole bunch of drama,” Marcus said and I smirked and nodded my head.

“You had to be there,” Semin said and I sighed.

-Milan-
“Where is she?” I asked and I looked at my phone.

“She’ll be here soon, relax!” Nathan laughed and I sighed.

It’s been two days since I’d seen Alyssa and I was so excited to see her again. Granted it was only going to be for a few hours because she, Tyler, Chara, Tim and Coach were going to catch a flight to Gatineau, Quebec for the choosing of the All Star teams.

“She knows to come to your place, right?” I asked and Nathan smirked and shook his head.

“Yes Looch, now calm down, she’s coming,” he said and I nodded my head and Nathan walked over towards the front door and looked out, “Oh man,” he laughed and I walked over confused.

“Who’s that?” I asked as I saw a red Camaro pull up, the door opened and my eyes widened when Alyssa got out of the car, “No way,” I smirked and walked out of the house and over towards her, wrapping my arms around her and kissing her head, “Nice car.”

“I upgraded,” she laughed and I nodded my head and pulled away to see Nathan looking at the car and whistling in approval.

“Nice wheels, Red,” he said and then walked over towards her and hugged her, “You ready for the all stars?”

“Now I don’t know if I made it-“

“You made it,” Nathan and I said and then smirked towards her but then saw something on her cheek and turned her head.

“What happened here?” I asked, seeing the scratch along her cheek.

“Oh that,” she snorted, “Remind me never to help my Captain out again, especially when it deals with his psycho girlfriend- Sorry, ex girlfriend!”

“You all right?” Nathan asked and she nodded her head.

“Yeah, I went over there to talk to her about how Alex wasn’t what she was saying he was- Really shouldn’t have gotten involved, my fault there. Then the bitch calls me a slut and says I’m sleeping with my Captain,” she laughed, “Ew! Alex is my friend but- No!”

I sighed and then kissed the healing cut and wrapped my arms around her neck and laid my head against hers.

“You too far away to protect, Red,” Nathan said and I nodded my head, agreeing with him.

“I know,” she sighed, “I wish you were coming!” Alyssa whined as she wrapped her arms around my chest and looked up towards me.

“We’ll be up on game day,” I said and smirked, pressing my lips against hers, “You just kick ass.”

“Yes sir,” she giggled and we heard a car honking and turned to see Tyler pulling up with Brad in his passenger seat.

“Red!” Tyler yelled as he ran out of the car and over towards us, scooping Alyssa up and pulling her into a hug, “You ready for this! We’re gunna kick ass!”

Alyssa laughed and nodded her head and then smiling towards Brad, “You’re gunna be at the game, right?”

“Wouldn’t miss it,” Brad said and then smirked towards her.

“Nate! We’re my little Dylan?!”

“No, you’re going to miss your flight!” Nathan said and Alyssa whined.

“But he needs to see his Auntie AJ!” Alyssa pouted and Nathan rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“He’s not even here; Tammy took him with her into the city.”

“Aw, no fair,” Alyssa sighed and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

“We’d better get going,” Tyler said and Alyssa nodded her head.

“Take care of my car, Nate!” Alyssa yelled and then threw Nathan the keys to her Camaro.

“Why him?” I asked and Alyssa smirked.

“Because I asked first!” Nathan laughed.

“When? I was standing here the whole time!”

“We have this mental connection,” Alyssa smirked and hugged Nathan and I just rolled my eyes. Alyssa laughed and then walked over towards me, “We have other connections,” she muttered into my ear and I smirked.

“All right, all right, you’ve got me there,” I smirked and then pressed my lips against her, once last time before she and Tyler left for the airport.

HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY MILAN!!!! <3
Image