Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

028:

Chapter Twenty Eight
'...I can't believe that I made it to the All Star team...' I smiled brightly when I walked into twelve bedroom mansion that my team was going to stay at in Ottawa.

Tyler and I, as well as my teammate Dennis Wideman, made it to the All Star game, being chosen to be a part of Team Chara.

There were players from all different teams here, Joffrey Lupul, Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf from the Maple Leafs; Pavel Datsyuk and Jimmy Howard from the Red Wings; Evgeni Malkin from the Penguins; Marian Hossa and Patrick Kane from the Blackhawks; Kimmo Timonen from the Flyers; Corey Perry from the Ducks, Carey Price from the Canadiens; Ryan Suter from the Predators; Brian Campbell from the Panthers; Jarome Iginla from the Flames; Jordan Eberle from the Oilers; Jamie Benn from the Stars; Tyler, Zdeno and Tim Thomas from the Bruins; and then Dennis and I from the Capitals. Bruins Head Coach, Claude Julien was going to be our Head Coach for the All Star game and I was excited to be a part of it.

I managed to snag the only room that had one bed, but if I couldn't room by myself, then I was gunna roommate with Tyler. All I knew was that when I walked through the house, it reminded me of a college dorm. I was in-between Tyler who was rooming with Patrick Kane, and Zdeno and Tim, across from Evgeni and Dennis. I didn't know or really care where everyone was, just as long as they weren't in my room.

Once we got situated, we were going to head to the gym and get a work out in because the next two days were practice and then the day after that was the big game. I changed into my sports bra, threw a pair of spandex shorts on and then some athletic shorts on over. I tied my running sneakers and grabbed my Capitals zip up and my phone and iPod. There was a knock at my door and then opened to reveal Tyler walking in with Patrick Kane behind him.

"AJ meet Patrick, Pat meet Alyssa," Tyler said and I smiled and shook his hand and then smacked Tyler over the head, "OW!"

"I could have been in the middle of changing! You don't just walk right in!"

"All right, sorry- Wait no, let me try it again-"

"Idiot," I muttered and Patrick chuckled, "Is everyone ready to go?"

"Yeah, we were just waiting on you," Patrick said and I was a little taken back because usually I was pretty quick about getting things done.

"Oh, sorry," I blushed and then walked out of the room and down the stairs to see some of the guys already going onto the bus.

"It's all right! I found her!" Tyler laughed and I playfully shoved him and sat down next to Dennis.

"Took you long enough," Dennis teased and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm use to being the first one out with us," I laughed and Dennis chuckled and nodded his head.

From the house to the athletic gym, everyone introduced themselves to one another, some already knew each other. I've played some of these guys, but I don't really know them, or was never introduced to them. Tyler and Patrick seemed to hit it off and were constantly talking about our opponents stats from Team Alfredsson.

Like Team Chara, they had a lot of players from different teams; Henrik Lundqvist and Dan Girardi from the Rangers; Jonathan Quick from the Kings; Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell from the Flyers; Kris Letang and James Neal from the Penguins; Steven Stamkos from the Lightnings, Brian Elliot from the Blues; Shea Weber from the Predators; Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin and Alexander Edler from the Canucks; Keith Yandle from the Coyotes; John Tavares from the Islanders; Jason Pominville from the Sabres; Logan Couture from the Sharks; and their Captain, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Karlsson, Jason Spezza and Milan Michalek from the Senators. Rangers Head Coach John Tortorella was going to be the Head Coach for the All Star game.

When we got to the gym, I was amazed at how big it was. I walked over towards the treadmill, did all of my stretches before turning it onto my settings, took my zip up off, stuck my headphones in my ears and started to play my music. I pressed the start button, being sure to make sure that my pony tail was nice and tight before I started to run.

-Tyler-
"Damn, I wish she was on my team, I could get use to seeing that," I heard and looked to see that Jamie Benn and Jordan Eberle were lifting weights and staring at Alyssa as she ran.

"Look at that ass," Jordan laughed and then high fived Jamie and I growled and shook my head.

'...Too bad Looch wasn't here...' I thought as I waited in line to roll the monster truck tire weighting almost two hundred pounds across the room. Alyssa was hot, she knew that I thought that she was hot, hell I even told her. When I first saw her, I thought that she was too pretty to play this sport, I'm pretty sure that most people thought that, but she didn't say a word and let her skates do all the talking.

"I know man, and look at those tits, they just want to bounce right out and into my hands," Jamie said and I took a deep breath, bit my lip and clenched my fists.

"What about her legs?" Carey Price asked as he walked over, clearly hearing their conversation, "I can see those legs wrapped around my waist!"

They weren't being loud, but they were loud enough for some other players to hear, and see what they were talking about. Some men that were staring at Alyssa were married and they were gawking, all looking at Alyssa like she was a piece of meat. I smirked when Dennis Wideman, a two hundred pound defenseman and Alyssa's teammate walked up in front of the seven men staring at Alyssa and just glared. That shut them all up and they went back to working out.

I sighed and then got out of line and walked over towards the treadmill next to Alyssa and climbed on. I looked at Alyssa to see that her eyes were closed, her breathing was steady, her skin a little red and sweaty. I looked at the machine and saw that she was going on three miles, all jogging. She must have felt me next to her, because she looked over at me and dropped a head phone.

"What's up?" she smirked, still jogging.

"You're a piece of meat to these guys, maybe a little more clothes for tomorrow," I said and she looked at me confused.

"If I'm throwing off their concentration, that's their own damn fault," she growled, "Let them gawk, I can't wait to show them up on the ice," she smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"They're our teammates until Sunday," I reminded and she sighed.

"I can't wear my Cap shirt or zip up, can't wear my gym outfit, is there something I can wear?" she asked, clearly annoyed.

"Who said that you can't wear your Cap stuff?"

"Coach, no one's allowed to wear their team logo," she sighed and I rolled my eyes, "So tell my Ty," she paused the machine and leaned against her handlebar, "If I can't wear my clothes, what should I wear?"

"Your birthday suit," I smirked, "You'll really get the guys going."

"I'm sure I would," she laughed and then looked back at her machine and I saw that she hit three miles, "Eh, I'm finish."

Alyssa wiped off her machine and rubbed her towel on her face and fixed her hair. I followed her into the next room where the floor was covered in foam, my guess was the yoga room. Evgeni Malkin and Dennis were already in here doing pushups and crunches.

"Come on Denny, I'll race ya!" Alyssa laughed as she walked over towards her teammate and held out her hand.

"You know you lose every time," he laughed and she shrugged her shoulders and helped him up.

"I can still try, one of these days I will beat you," she laughed and then walked over towards the wall and I looked at them confused.

Alyssa and Dennis bent over, looking like they were about to do a handstand, but their legs touched the wall. I walked over towards Alyssa and put my head upside down to look at her, "What are you two doing?"

"Watch," she laughed and looked at Dennis, "Go!"

I watched as she and Dennis started to do pushups, pressing their faces to the ground and then pushing themselves back up. Malkin stood up and walked up next to me and watched as these two went at it.

Chara walked into the room and chuckled, "Should send a picture to Looch," he said and I smirked and nodded my head, grabbing my phone from my back pocket and making a short video.

"So what point of this?" Malkin asked.

"When you do it this way," Wideman sucked in a breath as he pushed himself up again, "More weight and balance."

I could see Alyssa's face turning red, her arms shaking as she pushed herself up again, but she had down about twenty. We were impress that she was able to do that much, but in the end, Wideman won, because at thirty, Alyssa couldn't do it and she collapsed to her stomach and groaned.

"So close," she muttered and Wideman laughed and patted her back.

"Maybe one day, kid," he smirked and then stood up shook out his arms.

"Come on, Red," Chara said and playfully kicked the bottom of Alyssa's foot.

"But I don't wanna," she groaned, but I watched as she pushed herself up, using her shaky arms. Alyssa stood and then shook her arms out and cracked her neck, "How many did I do?"

"I counted thirty."

"Yes! Four more than last time!" she cheered and Wideman chuckled and shook his head, "I'm getting there, Denny!"

"In your dreams, kid!"