Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

029:

Chapter Twenty Nine
-Alyssa-
“Ok, do you understand what I’m saying?” Coach asked as we all sat in a room and watched videos of different players that we were going to be playing against. We all nodded our heads and continued with the videos.

When that was over, Coach said that he and Chara had discussed spots on the team and who was going to be in what shift. Coach wanted to put me as a centerman because he knew that I was good at getting in there and getting goals, I’m a right winger, I wasn’t comfortable being in a new position, but, they wanted to try it, at least in practice.

When it came time to actually be on the ice, the team was divided into two, one side was white, the other red, I was a part of team red. I was assigned Joffrey Lupul and Marian Hossa to be my wingers and Ryan Suter and Kimmo Timonen to be my defensemen. Just as I took the ice, Zdeno came up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

“Relax, just play the way you did over Christmas, you were a centerman then,” he said and I nodded my head, “You played well then.”

“Thought you were holding back,” I smirked and Zdeno smirked and shoved my helmet a little, “I knew it!”

“No you don’t,” he said and then skated towards the center of the ice and I saw that I was facing off against Pavel Datsyuk.

“Yo Cap,” I smirked when Zdeno looked at me; I pointed towards me red practice jersey, “Bull no attack!”

“Shut up!” he yelled and I laughed when he remembered my joke over Christmas.

I bent down and looked at Datsyuk, the ref skated over and held out the puck, our sticks were ready, we were ready. The puck was dropped and I smirked when I was the faster one and passed the puck over towards Marian Hossa.

-Tyler-
“So I think you can make it as a centerman- er, woman,” I smirked as I walked into her room and laid down on her bed, watching as Alyssa sat on a chair and propped her foot on her table and painted her toenails red, “Do hockey players wear nail polish?”

“I do,” she smirked and bent forward to blow on her toes, “Segs, you left the door open.”

“So, you’re not naked,” I laughed and she rolled her eyes, “You hear from Looch?”

“Yeah, he and the others will be up tomorrow,” she smiled brightly.

“So you and Marshy good?”

“For the most part, he’s still on probation if that’s what you mean,” Alyssa said and I chuckled.

“Yo, Segs, Red,” we looked towards the door to see my teammates Tim Thomas leaning against the frame, “Some of us are going out, you in?”

“Where?” Alyssa asked.

“Bar in the city,” he said and Alyssa sighed.

“And I just did my nails,” she whined and I chuckled.

“See, this is why hockey players don’t wear nail polish,” I teased and she flipped me off, “I’m in, you gunna come?”

“No, I’m gunna relax, have fun though,” Alyssa said and I nodded my head and then stood up and followed Thomas downstairs to see a whole bunch of guys in the living room.

“Brace not coming?” Corey Perry asked.

“No, she’s staying in,” I said.

“I think I might too,” Jamie Benn said and then turned around and headed for the stairs.

“Yeah me too.”

“Same.”

I watched as seven guys turned around and walked back up the stairs. I blinked a few times, wondering if I was really seeing this.

“When does Looch come in?” Chara asked.

“Tomorrow,” I said and Chara chuckled.

“Can’t wait to see all of their faces,” he said and I smirked and nodded my head, “Come on.”

-Alyssa-
I was in the kitchen grabbing a water bottle from the fridge, headphones in my ears and I was blasting the new Macklemore song, Can’t Hold Us. I turned around and nearly jumped out of my skin when I was face to face with Jamie Benn and Jordan Eberle.

“Jesus Christ,” I gasped and grabbed my heart, “Don’t do that!”

“Sorry,” they laughed and I bent down to pick my water up because I dropped it on the floor.

I looked up and saw that they were staring at me, “Can I help you with something?”

“No,” they said in a union and it was kind of creepy.

“So why didn’t you go with the others?” I asked as I placed my water on the island and opened the cap and took a swig.

“Eh, didn’t feel like it,” Jordan said and then leaned against the counter, “What about you?”

I pointed towards me toes and they saw the red painted toes, “Little busy.”

“So you are a girl,” Jamie said and I looked at him confused.

“Yeah, last time I checked I was,” I laughed and then turned around and started to head out of the kitchen, taking another sip of my water when I walked into Evgeni Malkin, dropping my water spilling on the both of us. I growled because he had scared me too.

“So sorry,” he said as he jumped past me and into the kitchen to grab some paper towels, “You ok?”

“Everyone needs to fucking put bells around their necks or something! Just to let everyone know, my heart is fine but if you keep scaring the shit out of me, it won’t be!” I growled Evgeni looked at me like a lost little child, “Sorry, don’t listen to me.”

“Sorry,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head, “You one Staalsy obsessed with, right?”

“Staalsy?- Oh Jordan Staal, I didn’t realize he was obsessed with me,” I said and then stood up and walked into the kitchen with Evgeni to throw the paper towels out.

“You punch him, it funny, made Sid mad though.”

“Don’t care, he should learn to leave me alone,” I muttered and looked out the window in the kitchen to see Carey Price, Benn, Eberle and Patrick Kane were all turning around and trying to look like they weren’t trying to sneak a peak.

“They no subtle,” Evgeni chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m use to it,” I muttered and then sighed, “Why didn’t you go out with the others?”

“Teammates coming to pick me up,” he said and looked at his wet shirt, “After I change.”

“Sorry,” I laughed a little and then looked at my wet shirt, “Guess I should too.”

“You come out with us?” he asked and I looked at him confused, “You no go out with others.”

“Oh, yeah, I ya, I was painting my toes,” I laughed and pointed towards my feet.

Evgeni laughed and shrugged his shoulders, “You welcomed, just Neal, Letang and I.”

“Letang? Kris Letang?” I said and he nodded his head and I smirked, “I hear he’s got like mad crazy sex hair,” I laughed and Geno smirked and shrugged his shoulders.

“Guess you have to find out,” he said and I sighed.

“All right, I’ll go,” I laughed, “But I need to change.”

“Yeah, me too,” he said and I smiled and then followed him towards the stairs and walked to the second floor and to our rooms.

I just changed into jeans and a black long sleeve shirt; I threw my cute snow boots on since it was the end of January. I brushed my hair and left it down and then put some makeup on. There was a knock at my door and I quickly grabbed my winter coat and purse and walked towards the door to see Evgeni smirking.

“We go?”

“We go,” I said and then closed my door and walked down the hallway with him, being sure to text Tyler and tell him that my toes were dry and I was going out with some people.

We walked downstairs and heard Evgeni’s phone go off, he looked at it and then told me that they were here. I smirked and nodded my head as he opened the front door and we turned to see three heads popping back behind a wall.

‘…Really? Not subtle at all…’ I thought as Evgeni noticed it too and we laughed a little and then walked outside and saw a black SUV parked in front of the house.

“Hey man, what’s up?!” the two in the front looked at me as Evgeni held open the door and I slipped into the backseat.

“You remember Alyssa Brace?” Evgeni said as he climbed in.

“Yeah, the girl who punched Gronk, nice to see you again, just don’t punch me.”

I smirked, “Then don’t be an ass.”

They laughed, “Alyssa, this is Kris and James.”

“Hi,” I smiled and Kris in the passenger seat smirked towards me and then waved.

“I hear you were moved to centerman,” James said as he pulled out of the driveway and I nodded my head, “How’s that?”

“Interesting,” I said and Evgeni chuckled.

“What were you two laughing about when you were coming outside?” Kris asked and Evgeni and I laughed.

“Some guys in house crushin’ on Alyssa, they creepin’ on her,” Evgeni said, “Not subtle too.”

“Fun,” Kris and James said and I snorted.

“Always is.”