Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

030:

Chapter Thirty
I threw back my head and let out a laugh as James was telling a story about how some of the guys ganged up and pulled a prank on Sidney last season.

“I’m serious, we paid this guy to sit on the glass seat dressed in a wedding gown and hold up a sign asking if Sid would marry him,” Kris said and I slammed on the table and laughed. I was leaning against Evgeni and trying to compose myself.

“Oh my god! I bet he was embarrassed-“

“Oh he was, that was the best part!” James said and I was clapping my hands and shaking my head because I was laughing so hard.

“That’s great, too bad I missed that.”

“Yeah, during the warm up he saw the sign and skated right into Geno here and like bounced off the big guy and onto the ice. His mouth was open and he had like pure shock all over his face! We tried to be all serious on the ice, but we were laughing our asses off when we got into the locker room,” James said.

We were at some kind of bar in the middle of Ottawa, we sat in the back in a small booth, I slid in first and Evgeni was next to me, Kris was across from me and James was next to him. We all had a beer in front of us and there was a basket of fries in the middle of the table that we barely touched.

James’ phone went off saying that he had a text and he looked down and laughed, “Dude, Sid doesn’t believe that we’re with Alyssa now.”

“What?” I laughed confused.

“I told Sid that we were at the bar with you and he doesn’t believe me,” James said.

“Send a picture,” I said and James’ eyes widened and he nodded his head.

The waitress came back over with some more beer for us and James asked if she could take the picture. I leaned forward and gave Evgeni bunny ears as she took the picture and then handed James his phone back.

“Oh man, I wonder what Staalsy will say,” Kris laughed, “Dude, that guy is like dead set in getting in your pants.”

“Well he’ll be waiting a long time,” I giggle and took a swig of my beer, “Pretty sure my boyfriend wouldn’t like that.”

“Boyfriend?” James asked and the other two looked at me shocked.

“Yup, known each other for a few years but started to date recently,” I said and traded my empty bottle of beer for a new one.

“Oh that’ll hurt Staalsy’s pride,” James laughed and Kris smirked and nodded his head.

“Is it Green?” Evgeni asked and my eyes widened and I shook my head.

“No, he’s just my teammate,” I laughed.

“So what does this boyfriend think of you playing hockey?” Kris asked.

“He’s ok with it, considering that he plays too,” I smirked and then popped a fry into my mouth.

“What?” they laughed and then leaned into the table, wanting to find out more information.

“Do we know ‘em?” James asked and I smirked and nodded my head.

“He’s in the NHL?” Kris asked and I nodded my head.

“Sid?” Evgeni asked and I laughed and shook my head.

“Sid’s just an old friend-“

“Who has a high school boy’s crush on you,” Kris said and I smirked.

“I knew that, he has since we were both living in Nova Scotia,” I said, “I like this guessing game, keep it up!”

“He a Cap?” James asked and I shook my head, “Penguin?” I shook my head.

“Do we play that team?” Kris asked and I laughed and nodded my head, taking another swig of my beer, “What division?”

“Uh,” I had to think, “I think they’re the Northeast division.”

“Great, there goes the teams that I was thinking,” James said and I laughed.

“AJ! Do you know how many bars are in this town?!” I heard and looked to my side to see Tyler walking over towards me.

Evgeni like jumped up and pointed towards Tyler, “Bruin!”

I laughed and nodded my head and Tyler looked at me really confused, “What?”

“We’re playing a guessing game,” I said and Tyler shook his head, still not getting it, “They’re trying to find out who my boyfriend is.”

“Ah, yeah, gotchya,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“I’m guessing he’s out,” Kris said and I nodded my head and Tyler pulled over a chair and sat at the end of the table.

“Fuck I’m trying to think of the roaster,” James laughed and then pulled out his phone.

“Hey! No cheating!” I said and James held up his arms.

“What?!”

“Come on, use those brain cells,” I laughed and took a swig of my beer and Tyler ordered a beer, figuring that he was going to be here for a while.

“Chara?”

“Married.”

“Horton?”

“Married.”

“Ference?”

I sighed and pouted a little, “Married.”

“You almost sound disappointed,” Kris laughed.

“I am, he’s my crush,” I laughed.

“Don’t let-“

“HEY! Zip it!” I yelled because Tyler was about to say Milan’s name.

“Him hear that!”

“He already knows,” I laughed and then stuck my tongue out at him.

“Thornton?”

“Married,” Tyler and I said.

“Seidenberg?”

“Married,” Tyler said and I sighed.

“Stop naming all the married guys!” I laughed and shook my head.

“How the hell are we suppose to know that they’re married?!” James laughed and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Read their blog,” I laughed.

“McQuaid?”

“Ew no, he’s an ass,” I said and the guys sighed.

“Marchand?”

“Grew up together, best friend, nothing more,” I said and finished off my third bottle of beer.

“Paille?”

“Married.”

“Fuck, who else is on the team?” James groaned.

“Lucic?” Evgeni asked and I smirked at him and grabbed a fry.

“Congrats, you won a fry,” I laughed and Evgeni smiled and took the fry.

“Lucic?” Kris asked and I smiled brightly and nodded my head, “Milan Lucic?”

“Yes sir, and he will be up in…” I looked at Tyler who looked at his watch.

“Ten hours,” he said and I giggled.

“And I can’t wait to see him!”