Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

031:

Chapter Thirty One
"Aw come on, just one game!" I whined and Dennis smirked and shook his head.

"Leave them alone! You're gunna wipe them clean!" Dennis said as he stood behind me when I stood behind Tyler and watched as he, Tim Thomas, Patrick Kane, Jarome Iginla, Ryan Suter and Carey Price all played poker on the large kitchen island.

"Sorry sweetie, this is a man's game!" Ryan Suter said and I growled and looked at Dennis who just sighed and shook his head.

"One game," he said and I smirked and plopped in the seat next to Tyler.

"Deal me in," I smirked and Tyler looked at me surprised, but Jarome Iginla dealt me in.

-Tyler-
"What the fuck?!" Kane growled as he shook his head and we all watched as Alyssa scooped up all of the money from the table with a big smile on her face.

"Momma needs some new shoes," she laughed as she collected her money and started to count it, "Pleasure doing business with you boys."

"Whoa- Wait a minute, what the hell just happened?" Patrick asked and I looked at Alyssa's cards to verify that she had won.

"How-"

"She's just that good," Wideman said, "I tried to tell ya. Our team learned the hard way too about not playing card games with her."

We heard the doorbell ring and I looked at my phone to see that Milan had texted me saying that he was here. I smirked and then stood up and headed towards the door. Malkin was already at the door when I got there, he opened it and I snuck past him and told him that I got it.

"Hey Segs," I smirked when I saw, Brad, Nathan and Milan there. I stepped outside and closed the door behind me.

"Hey, so, I gotta warn ya now Looch-" I turned around because the door opened and Chara walked out, closing the door behind him.

"Was waiting for you," he said and Milan looked confused.

"These guys have been lookin' at Red like she was a piece of meat," I said and Milan sighed.

"Where is she?" Milan asked.

"Kicking our asses in poker," I sighed and Brad laughed.

"Never put money and cards together with that girl, that's like a top five rule with her!" Brad said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah well, I'm out two hundred bucks," I muttered and Milan smirked and shook his head, "Come on, she doesn't know that you're here."

-Alyssa-
"You really want to try and win your money back?" I laughed while looking at Price.

"Yeah," he said and Iginla shuffled the cards.

"All right, you'll either win it back or I'll double my profit," I smirked and then guys rolled their eyes.

"Yeah, we'll postpone the game," I heard and turned my head to see Milan leaning against the doorframe of the kitchen.

My eyes widened and I smiled brightly, jumping off of my seat and running over towards him. Wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my body close to his. Milan's arms were around my waist and he picked me up off of the ground and dug his face into my neck.

"I missed you," I mumbled and then kissed his cheek.

"I missed you too," he said and then pulled away and put me down and I turned and saw Brad and Nathan next to him.

I hugged them and then walked back over towards Milan and wrapped my arms around his chest and pressed my lips against his. I pulled away and then looked back at Nathan, "Where's my little man?"

"At the hotel with Tammy, he's didn't do well on the flight up, so he's sleeping," Nathan said and I whined.

"Damn kid didn't shut up," Brad muttered and Nathan shoved him.

"Where's Tuuk?"

"Be here tomorrow, his girlfriend came into town a few days ago and they both leave tomorrow morning," Brad said and I nodded my head.

I looked back over towards Milan and saw that he was glaring, I looked at him confused and then followed his gaze to see that he was like glaring at half the team that was standing in the kitchen. I shook my head and placed my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me, "Be nice."

"So you ready for the All Star game?" Nathan asked and I smirked and nodded my head, grabbing Milan's hand and dragging him out of the kitchen and having the others follow me.

"I heard that you're not a winger anymore?" Brad asked as we walked up the stairs.

"No, I'm a centre, it's weird, but I kind of like it," I smirked and they nodded their heads, "But I think tomorrow I'm going to be playing both."

"You can do it," Tyler said and I nodded my head.

Nathan, Brad, Tyler, Chara, Milan and I walked into my room and they all went all over the place. I sat on the top of my bed and brought my knees up to my chest, Milan threw his shoes off and hopped on next to me, Chara took the seat next to my bed, Tyler hopped up on top of my dresser and Brad and Nathan sat on the floor at the end of my bed. The guys just talked about the team and asking Chara how it looked so far, since he was the Captain. I just laid my head on Milan's shoulder and played with the fingers from the hand that rested on my knee.

It was Saturday, January 28th, 2012, tomorrow was the big All Star game and I was more than ready for it. We've practiced hard, learned each other's moves and skills, Chara worked us hard, and I had to give him props that he was a good Captain, a really good, really big Captain.

"So when are your teammates coming up?" Nathan asked and I shrugged my shoulders, "What? They're not coming?"

"I don't know, they didn't tell Denny or I anything. We're the only Capitals and I remember some of the guys saying that they were going down to the beach," I said and Chara shook his head.

"They should be here to support their teammates," he said and the other guys nodded their heads, "Most of our team will be there, same as the others- Actually so far I heard your team hasn't registered to be there."

"Yeah, I'm not too happy about it, but whatever, let them go and have fun in the sun," I said.

-Milan-
"So what's this I hear you went out on the town with some Penguins," Nathan laughed and I looked at Alyssa to see her smirking.

"I was painting my toes when the others left and Malkin invited me out, I was bored, so I went out with him, Letang and Neal- And then Segs met up with us-"

"Yeah, she fuckin' texts me saying that she's at a bar in the city- I ask her which one, she says the one with pretty colors! Do you know how many bars I had to walk into just to find her?!" we laughed and Alyssa shook her head, "Here I'm think when going into these places that all I have to do is look for the only red head in Ottawa!"

"Yeah, that didn't happen," Alyssa muttered.

"No! Most of these psychos have their hair dyed red! Fuckin' walked up to three girls that I thought was her and the one I had to have Kane help me get away from."

"Awww, poor baby," Alyssa laughed and I smirked, "But it was fun- I confirmed that Letang has all natural sex hair and I'm pretty sure that he uses better shampoo than me."

"What?" I laughed and Alyssa shrugged her shoulders.

"So we leave on Monday?" Alyssa asked and I nodded my head.

"You're on our flight, right?" I asked and she shook her head, "Why?"

"Dennis and I flight straight to Tampa Bay to meet up with our team because we have a game the next day," she said and I sighed.

"Well we have a game too, we play the Senators," Nathan said and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, it's a home game, right?" Brad asked and Chara nodded his head.

"I heard Malkin saying that his team was on their way up today," Chara said and Alyssa nodded her head.

"Great, god I hope Staal isn't with them," Alyssa groaned.

"Just punch him again, you did it pretty well last time," Nathan said and Alyssa laughed and I smirked and kissed her forehead, happy to by her again.