Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

032:

Chapter Thirty Two
"There's my big boy!" I squealed as Tammy came over with Dylan in her arms.

"Auntie!" he laughed and I snatched him away from Tammy and hugged him tightly.

"Aw you're so cute!" I rocked back and forth and felt his legs dangling.

We were in the kitchen grabbing something to eat, some of the other players were there, Nathan had taken their rental car back to the hotel to get Tammy and Dylan because I kept asking to see him and Tammy had finally called to say that she wanted to come over. Tyler and Brad were in a middle of a poker game with Kane and Price, I was not allowed to play. Iginla was talking with Chara about the game tomorrow night, I saw Dennis talking with Milan outside on the back deck, but when they heard me squeal because Dylan was here, they came back inside.

"Now you are not allowed to leave this area with him!" Nathan said and I looked at him hurt and hugged Dylan tighter.

"Why can't she do that?" Dennis asked as he leaned against the wall and folded his arms over his chest.

"Because she'll sneak off with him and we'll never see him again," Tammy said and some of the guy laughed.

"Not my fault that he's so cute!" I said and started to back away from them, making my way towards the living room.

"Alyssa!" Nathan laughed and I smirked and walked into the living room to see that no one was in here.

"You're daddy's funny, right?" I smiled and plopped myself on the couch and placed him on my lap, "You're so adorable, clearly you got your momma's looks," I stuck my tongue out at Nathan as he came into the room and sat down next to me.

"She's a comedian," Nathan shook his head.

Apparently the party was moved into the living room, everyone finding a stop and talking mostly about hockey, weird right, hockey players talking about hockey.

"So he didn't sleep as long as I would have liked, so he might be a little crabby," Tammy said as she sat on the armrest next to Nathan.

"Are you crabby? Huh? Are you crabby?" I leaned him forward, hanging from my arms and dug my face into his and kissed his cheek, hearing him laugh, "I don't think you are," I smiled and looked to see the guys smirking, I mean come on, he's just so cute.

-Milan-
It was about three in the afternoon, the guys and I had arrived around ten and Nathan had brought Tammy and Dylan over around noon. I was looking around the living room to find Alyssa but I couldn't, she wasn't in the room and I didn't remember seeing her slip out.

The intense poker game had been moved to the coffee table in the living room and Nathan, Brad, Wideman, Price, Iginla, Kane and Malkin were playing. I laughed when the guys wouldn't let Alyssa play in risk of losing all of their money. She played one other game, they guys had tried to win back their money, but that didn't happen.

"Horty," I said and Nathan looked back towards me, "Where's AJ?"

"What?" Nathan looked around the room and then groaned, "She's gunna kidnap my son," he chuckled, "All right boys, I gotta go on a hunt, Segs, play for me."

"All right," Tyler said as took Nathan's spot when he stood up.

"Don't lose!"

"Don't jinx me!" Tyler yelled as Nathan and I walked out of the room.

"Where's Tammy?" Nathan asked, more to himself.

"Don't know," I answered, not knowing if he was asking me.

We walked through the kitchen and saw Tammy on the back porch on the phone with someone. Nathan walked out to her and asked if she knew where Alyssa was, I sighed when Tammy shook her head.

"Where is she?" I asked and Nathan shook his head.

We walked up the stairs to the second floor and towards her bedroom, seeing that the door was opened. We stopped and peaked our heads in, hearing someone singing from inside. Alyssa was lying on her bed with Dylan next to her and he was fast asleep. I smirked and then walked into the room and turned to see Nathan smirking and shaking his head.

"At least she got him to sleep," I said and Nathan nodded his head and then bent down next to the bed and placed his hand on Dylan's sleeping head. Alyssa had her headphones in and her eyes closed, she was muttering a song, but she sounded like she was about to fall asleep any second.

"Just let her go," Nathan said as he stood up and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Nate," we heard and turned to see Tammy walking in, "Oh good you found her," she said and came up next to us, "Aw, that's so cute."

"She got him to sleep," Nathan said and Tammy smiled and nodded her head.

"Just let them both sleep," she said and I smiled towards Alyssa and then walked out of the room with Nathan and Tammy.

-Alyssa-
I snapped my eyes opened when I felt Dylan moving underneath my arms, I looked up and saw that Nathan was picking Dylan up and smirking towards me.

"You had him sleeping for three hours," Nathan said and then sat on the bed, holding the cranky boy, upset for being woken up.

"What time is it?"

"Six, we're getting ready to head out to dinner, you coming?" Nathan asked and I nodded my head, "Some of your teammates already headed out for some food."

"Oh, let me just some shoes on and I'll meet you downstairs," I said and Nathan nodded his head and then stood up and I smiled when Dylan laid his head on Nathan's shoulder and went back to sleep. I walked over towards my closet and grabbed my sneakers, hearing someone else walk into my room and smiling when I saw Milan, "Hiya."

"She's awake," he smiled as he walked over towards me, wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck, "I was debating on whether or not I would come in here and lay with you."

"You should have," I said and Milan shrugged his shoulders.

"Pretty sure we would have woke Dylan up," he smirked and I turned in his arms and pressed my lips against his.

"I really did miss you," I smiled and Milan wrapped his arms around my neck and laid his head next to mine as I wrapped my arms around his chest.

"I missed you too," he said and then kissed my head, "Come on, we're keeping the others waiting."

"All right," I said and then threw my sneakers on and then walked out of my room and headed downstairs.

We all got into three SUVs and headed down to the city. We pulled up in front of this family restaurant and I saw that some of the Bruins were here. I smiled brightly and basically attacked Tuukka when I saw him.

"Whoa Red," Tuukka laughed.

"They said that you wouldn't be here until tomorrow!" I said and he laughed and hugged me.

I moved onto Chris Kelly, Daniel Paille, Patrice Bergeron and then Andrew Ference. Some of the others that were here were already sitting at the long table that we were apparently sitting at. I sat in-between Nathan and Milan, Dylan was sitting on my lap and Nathan was positive that I was going to try and kidnap this boy before I left.

"I can't help it! It's so cute!" I said and the guys laughed.

Most of the guys were asking me what it was like to play a different position and how I felt about playing in my first All Star game. We ordered our food and halfway through dinner, I felt Milan's hand rest on my knee and then slid up to my thigh. I bit my lip to hid my smirked and acted like it wasn't there, because the higher the hand rose, the more my body felt like mush.

By the end of the night I had successfully gotten through dinner without jumping on Milan and having my way with him right there, in front of everyone. Dylan had stayed on my lap throughout the whole dinner and he even ate some of the meatballs from my pasta.

Nathan took Dylan back at the end of the night because he has fallen asleep on my lap. When we left the restaurant, it was dark out. I hugged and kissed Milan because I he and the others were going right to their hotel from there, while my teammates and I were going back to the house. I wouldn't be able to see them until tomorrow night before the game because we had one last practice early in the morning and then our big lunch, our nap and then the game.

"Sleep well," Milan said as he kissed my cheek and then got into their rental SUV.

I watched as they pulled away and then felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Tyler and smiled sadly, "Come on, time to go," he said and I nodded my head and followed him back to our SUV and saw that Tim was going to drive us back to the house.

'...I wonder if we'll ever have a normal relationship...'

Image
Look how cute he is!!!