Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

071:

Chapter Seventy One
-Alyssa-
“So, what does she want?” I asked as I sat on the couch with my father.

“She didn’t tell me, just wants to see you, but I have a feeling that it has to deal with your birth father, because the one time that she called I heard a guy’s voice in the background,” he said and I sighed and rolled my eyes, “Would you want to see him?”

“No, not really,” I said and then heard my phone going off and seeing that Bergeron was calling me. I sighed and then answered my phone, “Hey Patrice, what’s up?”

“Are you with Marshy?” he asked.

“No, why?”

“Oh, because he called me, but I don’t know if he meant to because there was like noise and stuff in the background. I thought you were with him.”

“No, but I’ll head over and see what’s going on,” I said and Bergeron sighed.

“I’m actually in the neighborhood, I could head over there,” he said and I sighed.

“Yeah sure, I have to see Brad anyways, so I’ll meet you there.”

“All right, see you, Red.”

“Bye,” I said and then hung up the phone and looked at me dad.

“Everything all right?”

“Not sure,” I said and then grabbed my car keys on the coffee table, “You wanna go on an adventure.”

“Sure,” he said and then we stood up and then walked out of our apartment, headed to the parking garage and then I drove to Brad’s apartment building.

I parked my car and then saw that Milan’s car was here, I walked into the bulding and headed over towards the elevator and pressed the button to go to the floor I needed.

“You think that everything is all right?” Dad asked and I shook my head, not knowing the answer.

“I hope so.”

The elevator doors opened and I saw that we were on the right floor. Dad and I walked off and I lead the way to Brad’s apartment. When we got to the door, I saw that it was cracked open and there was yelling and things breaking from the inside. I looked towards my dad and he pulled out his phone. We heard a door open and I saw that Brad’s neighbors were poking their heads out.

“That’s been going on for a while, I’m about to call the police!” the little old lady stated and I sighed.

“I’ll calm them down, I’m sorry for the trouble,” I said and she went back in her room. I sighed and then opened the door about an inch and carefully poked my head in the apartment to see that Milan and Brad were leaning against the wall and there was blood on their foreheads. My eyes widened and I kicked the door opened and walked into the room and ran over towards Milan and Brad, “Are you guys all right?!” Milan’s eyes went wide and I felt his arms around me and he pushed me to the ground, “Milan?!”

“Look out, AJ!” I heard and looked to see Patrice being thrown next to me.

“What?!” I stood up and looked to see Tyler on the other side of the room unconscious, Patrice and Milan were groaning and standing up, Brad was just lying there looking like he was trying to catch his breath. I looked up and saw a big man standing there just staring at me, “Marshy, what kind of trouble did you get into now?”

“He’s not here for them, Alyssa,” I heard and turned around and widened my eyes. My mom was standing in the hallway leaning against the wall, “Hello, Alyssa.”

“What are you doing here?!” I growled and turned to see the big man taking a step towards me, “Who the hell are you?!”

“I’m your father,” he said and my eyes widened and I shook my head, “I just wanted to see my baby girl.”

“I’m NOT your baby girl!” I barked and felt Milan place his arm out in front of me.

“Pour Alyssa, always hiding behind someone!” My mom said and I growled and turned around, glaring at her.

“I’m not hiding! You’re the one who’s always hiding!!!” I snapped and then clenched my fists.

“You’ve been hiding from me!” she said and I scoffed.

“That’s because I don’t want to see you! I never want to see you!” I said and shook her head, “What do you want?!”

“Hank here got himself into trouble, he needs money,” mom said and my eyes widened and I scoffed and shook my head.

“It’s always money, isn’t it, Mother,” I said and she sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

-Milan-
“Alyssa, there’s no negotiating with her!” I said as I walked up behind Alyssa and placed my hand on her shoulder, she was shaking with anger. Alyssa was trying to get her mother to leave without giving any money.

“You’re a big superstar now, Alyssa. You have the money!” the big guy said and then took a step forward.

‘…Wish Thornton was here…’ I thought as I glared at the man and clenched my fists, ready to throw another punch if he took another step.

“I’ve called the police! They’re on their way!” I heard a voice say in the hallway.

“Shit! Let’s get out of here!” the big guy said and started to run out the door. Alyssa’s mom glared at her before running out the door as well.

Once they were gone, Alyssa spun around and wrapped her arms around me, “Are you all right?” she asked as she cupped my face and looked at me, her eyes full of fear.

“I’ll be all right,” I said and she sighed and pressed her lips against mine.

“Damn Red, you sure know how to get yourself into trouble,” I heard Bergeron say as he rubbed his shoulders.

I sighed and then looked over towards Brad, he nodded his head saying that he was all right and then it hit me. I gasped and spun around, “Ty!” I ran over towards the unconscious man on the floor and rolled him onto his side, “Tyler!”

“Is he all right?” Bergeron asked and I looked at Tyler’s head to see that his bleeding had stopped.

“Segs! Wake up! Come on man!” Brad called and I looked up towards Milan and then back down towards Tyler.

“Tyler, come on, you have to wake up,” I said and shook him a little. He groaned a little and I smiled and shook him some more.

“Headache, stop!” he said and I breathed a sigh of relief and helped him sit up and had him leaning against me.

We sat there for probably ten minutes, just watching Tyler to make sure that he was all right. Alyssa’s father was the one who announced that he called the police and they showed up a few minutes ago. All of us were asked questions and of course we had to call Coach.

“I’m pretty sure that if one more thing happens, I’m benched,” I said and Alyssa nodded her head.

“I’m the cause of the drama as always, I’m surprised I’m still on the team,” Alyssa said and I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her forehead, “How are you feeling?”

“Sore, but I’ll be all right, I’ve been hit harder than that,” I told her and she giggled, ‘…Fuck no, that shit hurt!...’

-Alyssa-
Coach showed up and man was he pissed, the press found out and were asking questions, we made up a story that people tried to break into Brad’s apartment while we were there and we put up a fight. They bought it and we were all safe from the eyes of the world.

It was late and I just wanted to get some sleep, it had been a long day, the flyers game, dinner, finding out that the father that you always knew wasn’t your birthfather, then meeting my birthfather, dealing with my mother, it’s all too stressful.

When my dad and I got back to my apartment, he went straight to the guest bedroom and went to bed. Rebecca came down and asked what had happened, when I told her, she ran out of the apartment and went to go check on Tyler. As she was leaving, I saw Milan coming in. I hadn’t realized he followed me home, I hadn’t noticed on how much I really wanted to see him.

“Are you all right?!” he asked and he wrapped his arms around me.

“I just want to go to bed,” I said and he chuckled and nodded his head.

“I can do bed,” he said and I laced my fingers with his and then walked up the stairs and headed towards my bedroom. Once the door was closed, Milan placed his hands on my hips and then moved them up my body until he was cupping me face, “I love you, Alyssa.”

“I love you too,” I said and Milan leaned down and gently pressed his lips onto mine. I placed my hands on his chest and then snaked them around his neck. I felt his hands move back down my body until they were at my thighs. He picked me up and then walked towards my bed and then threw me down and climbed on top of me. I smiled brightly towards him and then sat up and pressed my lips against his.

Our clothes were off in seconds and we were rolling around in the bed. Giggling, moaning, groaning, we were in our own little world, it hurt to come out of it when we both heard Duke barking like a mad man.

“What’s wrong with him?” Milan asked as he climbed off of me and we both looked towards the door.

Duke was barking and barking, but when we heard him yelp, something was wrong, “Duke!” I yelled and Milan and I both jumped out of bed and started to throw our clothes back on.