Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

072:

Chapter Seventy Two
I was leaning against the wall holding my heart as I tried to calm down. When Duke yelped, Milan and I both thought that my mom followed us to my apartment and broke it. Luckily we were wrong. My dad was trying to get something to drink in the kitchen and Duke was barking at him because he was in his cage, dad let him out of his cage to make him stop barking and as my dad was getting a drink, he accidentally stepped on his paw.

“I’m sorry buddy, I didn’t mean to step on your paw,” dad said as he bent down and was petting Duke.

“You almost gave me a heart attack, dad,” I laughed and dad shrugged his shoulders. I sighed and then gave Duke a kiss on the head and stood up, “Well, I’m going to bed.”

“All right, night,” dad said and then walked into his room, making sure to watch where he was stepping.

“Well, are you ready?” Milan asked and I nodded my head, “Come on Duke!” he called and then patted his thigh.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, who said he gets to sleep with us?!” I asked and giggled as Duke ran up the stairs, heading towards my room, “I guess he does.”

“Damn right,” Milan smirked and then walked over towards me and placed his hands on my hips, “Come on, pretty lady, let’s go to bed.”

“I’m too tired to walk,” I whined and leaned against Milan and then giggled when I felt him pick me up.

“All aboard the Looch Express,” Milan said and I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“You’re so dorky, it’s adorable.”

-Milan-
“Alyssa, wake up, we’re here,” I said as I lightly shook Alyssa awake.

“No, five more minutes,” she whined while snuggling into my neck. I chuckled and then sighed and looked towards Brad.

“I’ll get her up,” he smirked and then moved to behind us, “Wakey, wakey, Alyssa.”

I wasn’t sure what he did, I think he poked her side, but she jumped right up, spun around and glared at Brad, “I hate you.”

“Love you too, Red.”

We won our away game against the Senators last night. We had to go into a shootout, but the final score was three to two. Right after the game, we stayed overnight in a hotel and I snuck out of my room to sleep with Alyssa. Early this morning we had to wake up because we needed to take a flight to Pittsburgh for our game against the Penguins tonight.

“You need help with your bag, Red?” I heard and turned my head to see Nathan looking at her. I saw that Alyssa winced when she put her bag on her shoulder.

‘…I don’t remember that…’ I thought as Alyssa shook her head and just moved her bag to the other shoulder. I walked over towards Alyssa, “Are you all right?”

She looked at me confused and I placed my hand on her shoulder and she winced, “I’m fine, Milan. I got Doc looking at it when I get inside.”

“What did you do?” I asked and she shrugged her shoulder.

“I think I just laid on it wrong,” she said and I nodded my head and then grabbed her bag and threw it over mine, “Milan! I’m fine!”

“Walk,” I said and she growled, but sighed and started to walk towards the hotel.

We went to our rooms, and I dropped my bag off in mine, seeing that I was rooming with Nathan. I walked Alyssa to her room, five doors down from mine and saw that she was by herself, like usual. I threw her bag on the bed and then walked over towards her and placed my hand on her hips. She sighed and then leaned against me. I placed my hands on the hem of her shirt and then pulled it over her head.

“Milan,” she whined and tried to grab her shirt, but I stopped her, not meaning what she thought. I had her sit on the bed and then knelt down next to her and placed my hand on her shoulder, “What are you doing?”

“Trying to see if there’s- Yup, found it, you have a knot there,” I said as I felt the tight spot on her shoulder.

“I’m gunna go see Doc and have that taken care of,” she said and I nodded my head and stood up, “Just hang out with the guys until I come back.”

I nodded my head and then pressed my lips onto hers and then walked out of the room and headed back to my room.

-Alyssa-
“Hey, you ready to lose tonight?”

“Not likely Crosby, you’re the one who’ll be losing!” I laughed and then the two of us hugged and he swung his arm around my shoulder.

“So how are you doing, Red? Anymore fights?” he chuckled and I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“Shut up!” I laughed and then felt my phone going off.

“Hey, you wanna do dinner after the game?” he asked and I looked at him as I pulled my phone out and smiled.

“I can’t, you know I would, Sid! But we’re heading back to Boston tonight,” I said and Sidney nodded his head, “I’ll see you later, I’m being summoned,” I said as I shoulder Sidney my text from Milan saying that practice was about to start.

“I’ll see you later!” Sidney said and I smiled and headed down the hall towards the visitors’ locker room to get in the routine practice before the game tonight.

“Where were you?” Brad asked and as I sat on the bench and started to get changed into my practice gear.

“I went to say hi to Crosby,” I said and got looks from my teammates, “Relax, he’s an old friend, you should know that Marshy.”

“I know, Red,” he said and I looked towards Milan to see that he was getting his gear on, not even looking at me.

I sighed and then walked over towards him and sat down next to him, grabbing my gear and starting to put it on, not saying a word to him because I knew I did nothing wrong.

“I’m not mad or jealous,” Milan said in a hushed voice, I looked at him and saw him still looking down, “I just- It’s-“

“He’s just a friend Milan,” I said as I started to lace up my skates. I kissed his cheek and he looked at me, “You know I love you.”

“The way that he looks at you,” Milan said and I sighed and shook my head, “I know, I know.”

“Ok,” I giggled and then stood up to throw my jersey on, “You have nothing to worry about.”

Milan nodded his head and then handed me my stick and stood up. Coach came in and gave us some advice and then grabbed his clip board and looked at us. We headed out towards the ice to do our warm up. If felt like it went by quickly, because before I knew it, we were back in the locker room listening to Coach giving us more advice.

“All right, Red, how are you feeling tonight?” Coach asked and I smirked and nodded my head, “Good because you’re starting!” he said and my eyes widened and I heard some of the guys giving a little cheer, Bergy, lead us up tonight, Looch, Z, Demo, help him out” Coach said and I looked around the room, “Tuuk, you’re in the net.”

‘…So Patrice, Milan, Big Z and Boychuk are first line. I understand that, but why am I first line?...’ I thought as I looked at Coach. He looked towards me and nodded his head, ‘…Please be making the right decision. Please don’t screw this up…’

We all said a little prayer and then left the locker room to head out to the ice. Of course we were boo’d, but that was because we weren’t on our home turf. Pittsburgh was already on the ice, their starting line skating around. Tuukka went into the net and our starting line was leaning against the boards waiting to be ready to stand for the national anthem.

Once the woman coming onto the ice to sing the national anthem came out, Patrice, Chara, Boychuk, Milan and I stood in a line parallel to the Penguins and looked upt towards the American flag, listening to the woman singing the anthem, very badly might I add. I could see Sidney’s head down and he was trying to stop laughing. I knew I shouldn’t have looked towards him, because I looked towards my teammates and saw that Milan was biting his tongue, his eyes clamped shut and a smirk on his face. I looked towards Patrice and saw that he was the same way. The woman singing sounded like she normally sang opera, so that’s how this national anthem sounded like.

I took a deep breath when it was over and looked towards Milan and saw that he was shaking his head. He smirked towards me and I rolled my eyes.

“I feel like I need to clean my eyes,” he said and I giggled and saw Patrice skating towards us.

“My ears hurt,” he said and I couldn’t help myself, I started laughing and I felt bad for the woman because she was really bad.

“All right, let’s get this game started,” I said and the guys nodded their heads.

The refs skated on the ice and one came to the center, Patrice and Sidney were going to face off. I was standing next to Chris Kunitz and we were going to be fighting for the puck.

The game started and Patrice won the puck, he shot it over towards me and I reached out and caught it before Kunitz and darted down the ice to see the Vokoun was in the net. I saw Chara on one side of me and passed the puck towards him.

Chara skated around the net and passed the puck to Boychuk when he saw that he had no chance at a shot towards the net. I was surrounded by Pens, and Milan and Patrice were trying to get to us. Patrice finally cut in just in time for Boychuk to pass the puck to me and I gave Patrice the puck, he shot it towards the net and scored the goal.

Two minutes into the game and Bruins were up by one. We hugged each other and then skated over towards the bench to pound fists with our teammates.

I looked towards Sidney, smirked and then shrugged my shoulders, ‘…That’s how it’s done!...’