A Surreal Life

Chapter Five.

Me, Kayla and even Brad we're crying our eyes out. I can't believe we have just witness the saddest Glee scene EVER. I mean, what is sadder than Klaine breaking up!? I don't care about Finchel breaking-up or Britanna breaking-up or even Wemma breaking-up! I WANT KLAINE BACK! Okay, I have to admit I'm a little obsessed with Klaine. They are definitely my favorite T.V couple of all time.

I was still crying like a big baby when I saw Darren walking towards me, all smiles. I quickly wiped my tears away, trying my best not to smudge my makeup all over my face. As Darren reached me. I was now mad. Or at least I tried to be.

"I hate you!" I half-shouted, punching his arm as hard as I could.

"Owww! What did I do?!" He asked holding his arm, no longer smiling.

"You knew I was probably gonna cry my eyes out and you didn't say anything!"

"Hey I told you it was an emotional scene between me and Chris!"

Okay he had a point. I just crossed my arms and pouted.

"Let me make it up to you. Let's go out for ice cream." he said smiling his gorgeous smile again.

"Right now? At 10 to midnight?"

"Why not? New York is the town that never sleeps after all!"

"Okay why not!"

"Let's go to my dressing room so I can get change."

We got to the trailer we were at earlier and got in. Darren excused himself to go to the bathroom to get change and I got comfortable on his couch. I was looking around when my phone vibrated.

KAYKAY: WERE R U?

Damn. I forgot about her and Brad.

ASHLEY: I'M W/DARREN.

KAYKAY: WE R WAITING 4 U @ THE CAR.

ASHLEY: LEAVE W/OUT ME. GOING 4 ICE CREAM W/DARREN.

KAYKAY: OHHH. K SEE U LATER. B SAFE ;)

ASHLEY: HAHA FUNNY. NOT. LATER.

"Who you texting?" Darren asked suddenly bending over my shoulder to look at my texts.

I quickly turned it off so that he didn't see Kayla's text suggesting we be 'safe'.

"Oh, just Kayla. She and Brad were waiting for me at the car but I told them to leave without me. " I smiled.

"Okay good. Are you ready to go?"

"Yep!"

"We can walk. The best parlor isn't very far form here."

"Cool."

I could sense it was beginning to be a bit awkward. After all, he is a big star and I'm a nobody. The problem in all this, is that, when it's awkward, I have a bit of a habit of laughing out of the blue. And so that's what I did. I started to laugh hysterically.

"What's wrong?" Darren asked with a face half concerned half amused.

"I'm sorry." I said laughing. It's just that when things tend to get awkward, I start to laugh." I had stopped laughing now and I was biting my lip in embarrassment while looking down.

"Don't apologize. I think it's cute." He smiled looking into my eyes. I hadn't realized that we had stop and were standing in front of the ice cream shop.

"Um thanks. Shall we go in?" I asked pointing at the door.

"Yes! After you!" He opened the door hurriedly for me to come in. He's such a gentleman.

I walked in and looked at the menu. I didn't realize 'til now that I was starving. After looking at it for a good five minutes, I whispered to myself:

"Gosh why does everything look so good?!" and I heard Darren giggle.

"What? Don't tell me you're a regular here and you have tasted everything to know which is good or not?"

"Believe it or not I did!" He walked to the counter and ordered.

"What did you get? Maybe I can get the same thing..."

"Don't bother, I ordered for both of us." he smiled and led me to a table in the corner.

"Oh well okay. How much do I..."

"It's on me." Damn that smile that lights up his face.

"Oh well um thank you." I said looking down and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You're welcome."

At this moment our ice creams arrived. Or should I say the ice cream arrived since there was one but it was huge and with two spoons.

"I love that big banana split milkshake float but I can never eat all of that alone. " he seamed all happy so I decided to play him a little.

"Oh so in other words, the only reason that you brought me here is to take advantage of my big stomach?! It's not because I eat a lot for a girl that I'll eat what ever Mr. Criss!" By now I was up with my hands on my hips.

He stood up too and I could see in his face that the was confused and... a little hurt?

"I...I Ash... That's really not the point... I didn't even know you had a big appetite... I... I'm really sorry... I..."

"Darren stop it. I'm messing with your head." I said smiling brightly.

"What? How could you? I was really scared you were angry and didn't like me anymore."

"Are you that oblivious?"

"Of what?" he asked bringing his eyebrows together.

"Well first of all, like stated previously, I love food. And second, I can't believe I'm about to say this but you're kind of my idol. I know about everything that has been out publicly about you... I know I'm a creep..." I said more embarrassed that I've ever been in my hole life. Just as Darren was about to say something, I got an incoming call, probably from Kayla. The problem here, is that my ring to is 'Not Alone' by none other than Darren Criss.

"Thanks for adding to my embarrassment Kay." I murmured to myself.

I couldn't look at him straight in the face anymore so I took my bag and was getting up to leave when he grabbed my wrist.

"Please. Don't leave."

"Why? You obviously don't want nor need a creep in your life." I said in a small voice.

"Please sit down and let me explain something to you." He pleaded.

I sat back down and waited. I don't know if he was waiting for something - maybe for me too look at him - but I couldn't do anything else but fiddle with my fingers.

"First of all, you are not a creep. Believe me, I know what a creep is. You, you have respect for me. Second, you treat me like your neibourg. I love that about you. Even if you are freaking out inside, you don't show it. Me on the other hand, you should have seen me when I first started meeting famous people when I first came on Glee. I couldn't contain my excitement and I was ridiculously creeping. But you, you're wonderful. And seriously, do you really think I would have invited a creep on the set of Glee and then out for ice cream?"

I smiled lightly, still looking at my hands. Without saying anything, I grabbed a spoon full of the now melting ice cream and shoved it in my mouth. I heard Darren do the same thing. After a little bit of silence of me thinking I finally said:

"I'm going to change."

"What?" Darren asked almost chocking.

"I said I'm going..."

"I heard you. But the answer is no."

"I wasn't looking for an answer..."

"I don't care. You are not changing. I want you to stay the same. And don't you even dare try to change your ringtone!"

He made me smile. And a sincere smile for once.

"Look at me." He said reaching his hand over the table and lifting my head gently. "You're perfect just the way you are. This conversation never happened okay? Now put a smile on this gorgeous face of yours and let's eat ICE CREAM!"

I laughed. Oh that boy. If only he knew how much he helped me...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhhhhhhh how did Darren help Ashley? You'll find out soon enough i'm bubbling full of ideas!

Comment, subscribe and recommend if you like <3

Love you all <3