A Surreal Life

Chapter Six.

The rest of the night went just like Darren said: like the conversation never happened. At least, for him because, in my head, things were bubbling.

I entered the apartment quietly, expecting Kay and Brad to be asleep. What a surprise when I found Kay sitting on the couch in the dark.

"So? So? So? How was your date?"

"What? It wasn't a date."

She could hear in my voice that not everything was right and when she saw me head to the bathroom, she quickly ran to me, grabbed my wrist, and sat me down on the couch holding me down.

"Ohh no, no, no! You are NOT going in there! You'll sit your ass right there and talk to me or else I'm bringing you to see Nancy tomorrow!" Kayla threatened.

"No not Nancy!" I said sobbing by now.

"Well come on then beautiful, tell me what's up. Has he been a jerk? Do I have to have Brad beat his ass?" she asked serious.

"What? No he's been a total gentleman and, to be franc, do you really think Brad would do a good job? I think he would be too scared to break a nail or mess up his hair!" I wanted to laugh but then again I wanted to cry.

"Then tell me honey what's wrong?"

I had to breath a couple of times minding myself that if I didn't talk to Kay to get better, she would send me to see Nancy which meant only one thing: medication.

See the thing is, I have a bit of a self esteem problem. When I was younger, I was overweight and was bullied everyday and I've been cutting since I was 12. I have had many depression phase already and even today, when I look like my best friend - fit and tall - I still have issues about myself. As soon as I get out of the mold, I break down. And that's what I did today. I broke down and it was in front of Darren Criss. That's why I wanted to go to the bathroom. And that's why I love my best friend.

I explained to her the situation that had just happen with Darren and cried for a while during which she just listened and held me. After, she comforted me and brought out baby carrots too munch on. She knew that ice cream would just bring back the times where unhealthy foods were the solution to everything.

I thanked her and went to my room where I got into bed. I was feeling much better now. I was feeling confident and ready to confront the world! Well at least, after I get some sleep! You see, I mop around feeling disgusting and crying my eyes out for a couple of hours and then I feel like the happiest person in the world. It's like my problem was bipolar or something...

~~~~

The next morning I woke up to the happiest sound ever: Darren's singing.
I lazily opened my eyes and reached for my phone. I wanted to turn off my alarm but my clock read that it was only 6:15 and I wake up a 6:30 so that means it wasn't my alarm that was playing. Well maybe Kay or Brad were listening to the TV and there was a segment of him singing. I stretched an got up to look in my closet.

Now that I was up, might as well take the extra time to look extra cute! I went in the shower, letting the warm water fully wake me. I got dressed, braided my still wet hair and applied my makeup. I got out of my bathroom and headed to the living room. The TV was off but I could hear the stove working and a quiet humming. I turned on the TV and called out:

"Brad what are you making? I'm starving!!!"

Brad was the real cook in our little home. Kay and I were good but he was better. I heard everything turn off in the kitchen and Brad rummaging through the cupboards and the drawers. I laughed to myself wondering what he was doing but was too lazy to get up and see for myself.

I finally stopped zapping to watch Sponge Bob. This show was always hilarious, no matter what was your age!

"BRRRRRRRAAAAAAADDDDDD!" I screamed whining. "I'mmm hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

"You are served my lady." a voice said handing me my plate over my shoulder. Only thing was, that voice didn't belong to Brad.

It belonged to Darren.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I get lazy and don't put the links to Ash or Kay's outfits directly in the story, here's the like to the collection :) http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/collection?id=2642936 Every caption mentions the chapter where you will find the outfit :)