Status: Updates may be slow

Where the Heart Is

Your Guardian Angel

"I'm going to stay with you until he comes! He will come. Trust me." The Veteran sitting next to me said. His name was David and he was a soldier in WWII. He told me he lost him brother in the war.. He was also awaiting for someone. His son. He opened up to me. A stranger. A stranger opened up to me. I looked at him with teary eyes. "Now sweetheart don't cha cry now. He will walk through those tunnel doors, he will look at you, you will look at him, and you will run up and hug him tightly. Everyone will clap for the both of ya' and you will be the happiest girl in the building right now." He told me. A single tear fell down my eye. But I forced a smile.

All of the waiting was making me very nervous. I looked up from my hands to see a masculine figure standing by terminal 35. "Matty?" I quickly stood up. David looked up at me and smiled. "SCHMATTY!" I yelled and ran to him. He dropped all of his bags and he held me up into a hug. I wrapped my legs around him. As David said everyone clapped. I ran my fingers through his hair. Something I have not done in months. I missed his beautiful blonde hair. "oh my god it's really you." I said. "It's really me" He said in my ear. " Sorry, my flight from New York got delayed 3 hours! So four hours for you! You've been in this airport for hours Hay, you smell like crap! Let's go home so you can get cleaned up and we'll go out. Okay? We'll maybe bring John. Stop crying!" He told me. I got off of him and wiped my tears. "I'll see you next arrival Hayden!" David said patting my back. I smiled and held Matt's hand as we walked to baggage claim.
"So you know Gerrard? The one you met at the banquet?" Matty asked. I nodded. "He died. They shot down his heli after he lifted out. Only one survivor" I looked down. Wow. Gerrard was really sweet. He taught me everything there was to know about fighting in combat. Well. I guess he's my Guardian Angel.

"So. What happened with John? Why is his pillow and stuff on the couch?" John asked putting away his stuff. "err I'd rather not talk about it." I said. "Fine with me. Anyway, while I was in New York I went to a Rangers game-" "Ew" I said. "It was against the Blackhawks...But guess what? I got Brandon Saad's SIGNED jersey" He said holding it up. "NO FUCKING WAY! You know how much aunt and I love Saader!" I told him. "Buuut. It's not for her. It's for you" He held it out for my reach. I grabbed it and hit the floor. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Oh god!!! IT SMELLS JUST LIKE HIMMMMMMMM" I yelled while laying on the floor. Probably in tears. "Anddd since I missed your birthday I am taking you to a game" I quickly shot up and wrapped my arms around him. "Oh my god Schmatty you're the best!" I kissed him on his cheek and ran out. "JOHN! JOHN LOOK WHAT MATTY GAVE ME!" I yelled running down the stairs.

This was the happiest moment. Hanging with the boys that I love. Having a jersey signed by my celebrity crush. Nothing could make this moment happier...

Until I got the call...
♠ ♠ ♠
So basically my inspiration with writing this story was my aunt because she is in the Navy and this song. www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPd4Qp-Pdew&list=PLy8Z_1ExewWf7OhNmID5Wi_EFKklZvLK9

It's a lovely song and I listen to it all the time.

Hope you loved the update.
Comments= faster updates!
~Devin