Status: Updates every Thursday. (I'll try this schedule.)

Turn the Page

II.

Niall and Harry introduced me to the rest of the band, and I quickly grew quite fond of them all. Louis had a sweet sense of humor. Zayn had great taste in looking perfect. Liam was sensible and usually coaxed the rest of the boys everywhere and to calm down.

We headed to the airport, ready to hop on a plane, when much to our surprise, the plane has been delayed.
"The engine is getting checked and we have to do it sometime during the day." The woman said. She sat behind the computer typing away on her keyboard looking for any other way to get us out of here. Her face lit up quickly and she rapidly reached for the phone.
"Code number 270 we have a certain, One Direction looking for some first class seats on flight 3201. Do you copy, Burnette?" she said and I rolled my eyes at her melodramatic-ness.
"I read you and we have a total of 8 seats left so they had better hurry up to flights leaving at 800!" she shooed us away and told Liam the way to get there and we raced to get to the flight. My foot slipped in the heels I was wearing and my outfit got slightly ripped causing a gasp to escape my lips. Harry turned to me and bent down. I stood there quizzically wondering what on earth he was doing.

"Are you getting on or not?" Harry asked and I realized he was offering a piggy-back ride. I smiled and hopped on quickly while he took off, trying to catch up to others. I laughed and I felt his muscular arms harden and flex. I groaned, knowing he did that on purpose.
"Was that a good groan I hear?" He teased. I was dumbfounded at the question.
"What? How could you have a good groan, there's usually a bad-" I stopped and my eyes widen and I slapped him on the back of the head.

He laughed, making his back vibrate, which made me form a smile.
"Shut up." I told him and he quickly set me down so we could climb the stairs of the plane. Niall had watched suspiciously the whole time, making a nervous feeling settle in my stomach. We all climbed on and found open seats, me getting the window seat and Harry rushing to sit next to me. He plopped down right before Niall could and smiled viciously.

Niall gave Harry a death glare before settling on the other side of Liam, who had found the opposite seat next to Harry.

"So, darling Sky, tell me about yourself." Harry said, getting quite comfortable in his seat. I smiled. This is going to be a long ride.
"Well, I have a brother named Blade, I know funny name right? And-"
"Actually, I find that name quite appealing. Sorry, please continue." Harry interrupted and I smiled and continued talking.

"Well, my mom was a hairdresser for 10 years and then she got a job in healthcare as a nurse. My dad was in the military for about 5 years, I think? He got a job in graphic designing and he plays a lot of video games. That's where I got my talents from, by the way." I told Harry and the whole time he was smiling at me and looking directly into my eyes, not looking away once. It made blood rush to my cheeks and I looked away quickly. It was different having someone look at me while I talk, as opposed to Niall who always stared at his phone or computer when I talked about something.

"When I said tell me about yourself, I didn't mean tell me about your family. I meant tell me about you." Harry told me. The way he said 'you' gave me a chill I'd never experienced before. I smiled and I truly felt that Harry wanted to know about me.

"Well, I love cake. Almost as much as I love music, which is probably the one word I'd use to sum up my life." I told Harry and he nodded and motioned for me to continue. I knew Harry and I would easily become best friends. Somehow, I hoped that's all it would be...for Niall's sake.

***

We arrived at about 2 a.m. I felt my hair being brushed aside and expected to see Niall when I opened my eyes, but I didn't I saw Harry. Somehow, it made me feel better.
"Wakey, wakey, sleepyhead." Harry spoke softly. I slowly closed my eyes and leaned back down on whatever soft surface I was on before. I soon realized it was Harry's lap, but I didn't care.

Harry chuckled and picked me up bridal style. I don't know how he did it, but he did and carried me to the car. I saw lots of flashes and knew there were cameras everywhere, snapping photos of us, but I was so tired, I didn't care. My mind wandered off and sleep consumed my consciousness.