Status: Updates as much as possible c:

Spring Fever

Marty ***

It had been a week since I had even SEEN Alex. I was beyond done at this point. The first few days he tried to text and call me, saying how sorry he was, but I wasn't having it. He made a conscious decision to cheat on me. "He doesn't deserve my tears," I kept telling myself. And I didn't cry once. But, everyone at YMAS was wary of my imminent breakdown.

I walked into the Starbucks on the corner of God-knows-where, and placed my order. I walked over to one of the tables and sat down, waiting for Jack.

"Hey," he smiled softly, taking a seat.

"This is probably the first time you didn't call me bitch," I chuckled.

"I'm sorry," he said apologetically. "Hey, bitch."

We both busted out laughing and got the stink eye from some hipster typing away at his laptop.

"Hey, Barakitten," I smirked. It was his old nickname from high school.

"CAROL ANNE!" The barista yelled. Jack laughed so hard, he almost fell out of his chair.

"It's CORLYN," I muttered to the barista as I took my frappuccino.

"You know, you're still ordering the same thing you did when I met you," he smiled at me with sad eyes.

"Yeah, well... You've still got the same ridiculous hair," I giggled, taking a blonde piece in between my fingers.

"MARTY DICK!" Yelled the barista again. Jack's face went bright red and he quickly took the coffee, coming back and sitting down.

"Marty Dick?" I laughed.

"Yeah... Jack Barakat is kind of a one-of-a-kind name, and I couldn't think of anything else," he mumbled into his lap.

"So, no Bob Williams or John Doe? Marty DICK?"

"Problem?" He smirked.

"Nope."

"So um... we need to talk..." he began nervously.

"Jack, why were you so excited for me to be Alex's one-night stand, yet he asked me to be his girlfriend and now you hate- hated me?" I asked.

"Honestly, I didn't think it was you at first. For God's sake, I thought you were still in Baltimore and I was hoping to bump into you there. I was happy for Alex, because I thought you'd be good for him. I had my suspicions, but I really realized it the next morning, when I heard your sleepy voice. I know that's weird, but that was always MINE. Only I got to hear your morning voice," he mumbled the last part into his cup.

"Jack, I'm really sorry," I sighed.

"I-it's okay," he said quickly.

"Jack, if you still like me, why did you break up with me?" I asked quietly.

"I needed to focus on the band. The guys basically gave me an ultimatum because I could only think about you and... I had to. I wanted it so bad, and I wish I had found a way to make it work," he sighed, finally looking up at me with moist eyes.

I sighed and looked at my cup, not wanting him to see how much I had been hurt.

"I know I fucked up. But can we at least try? Please?" He pleaded.

"That's a really sucky way to ask me out," I half-smiled and looked up at him.

"Sorry," he blushed. "Would you do me the honor of being my date to the next Warped party and then come with me to get pizza at 3 in the morning?" He grinned.

"Sounds so romantic," I said sarcastically. "But, I would love to. Only if you're willing to watch Edward Scissorhands and not have sex," I grinned.

"Perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's SO short. BUT I SAW FALL OUT BOY IN CONCERT LAST NIGHT AND I CANNOT FOCUS ON ANYTHING ELSE. I MET PETE AND JOE AND THEY WERE TOTAL SWEETHEARTS. I ALSO SAW ANDY RUNNING DOWN THE SIDEWALK ON THE WAY THERE AND ALMOST JUMPED OUT OF THE CAR.
Anyways, yeah. Filler thingy, but hopefully y'all liked it.
Did you notice I used the word moist?
Well, I did.
xoxo, Claire