Winter Is Coming

022:

“Find him!” Robb growled and I ripped off my cloak and quickly tore my clothes off as I shifted and caught onto Brandon’s scent.

Robb jumped onto my back and I ran into the woods. We came to a clearing and saw Brandon and his horse surrounded by four people, one holding a knife to Brandon. Robb growled something but I didn’t catch it, I skidded to a stop and he hopped off.

“Don’t the knife!” Robb growled and I snarled at his side and saw the four shocked faces when they saw me, “Let him go and I’ll let you live,” he said as he unsheathed his sword and I bared my fangs and snarled at them, ready to attack when Robb told me to.

One man ran at Robb with an axe, he dodged it, but I tackled the man to the ground and bit into his head, killing him, ‘…That’s one…’

A woman beat on Robb and she grabbed her hair and pinned her to the ground as he stabbed another man that ran at him. I looked back over and saw the other man cut Brandon off of the horse and held a knife to his throat. I snarled at him, wanting to go forward, but knowing that I couldn’t, not with that knife at Brandon’s throat.

“Robb!” Brandon called and I whined a little.

“Shut up,” the man growled and roughly shook Brandon, making my growl and jump forward a little, but then backing up when the knife was pressed deeper into Brandon’s neck, “Drop the blade!” he yelled to Robb and I turned my head to see that Robb had his sword at the woman’s neck.

“No, don’t!” Brandon yelled and I whined.

“Do it!”

Robb looked at me and then at Brandon, he scrunched up his face and then slowly dropped his sword on the ground, but held onto the woman. I heard a twig snap and turned my head to the side and saw Theon aiming a bow at the man. He shot it and it went through the man’s chest. I ran forward because Brandon was falling over, and he clutched onto my back.

Theon walked down and held an arrow at the woman that Robb let go of to run over towards us. I smelled blood on Brandon and turned to see that his leg was cut. I whined and Brandon placed his hand on m muzzle.

“Are you all right?” Robb asked as he got to us and helped Brandon up onto my back and I stood up so that Robb didn’t have to bend over to look at Brandon’s wound.

“Yes,” Brandon said, “It doesn’t hurt.”

“Tough little lad,” Theon said and I sighed and looked over towards Robb who just pet my muzzle, “In the Iron Islands, you’re not a man until you’ve kill your first enemy. Well done.”

“Thank you,” he muttered to me and I nodded my head and then looked at Theon, “Have you lost your mind? What if you’d missed?!”

“He would have killed you, Jess and cut Bran’s throat!” Theon yelled.

“You don’t have the right-“

“To save your brother’s life?” Theon yelled and I whined, finding myself agreeing with Theon, twice in one day, “It was the only thing to do, so I did it!”

“What about her?” Robb asked and I growled towards the woman that Theon had an arrow at.

“Give me my life, my lord, and I’m yours,” she begged and I took a step forward, aimed my head low and growled towards her.

“We’ll keep her alive,” Robb said and I sighed and then stood up straight, looked at Theon and then turned around and bent down so that Robb could get on so that he made sure that Brandon stayed on, “Come.”

Theon was in charge of bringing the girl back to Winterfell, I made sure that I walked slowly so that Theon could keep up as he shoved the woman along. I felt Brandon grip my fur tight as we walked back towards Winterfell.

I heard men yelling to raise the gates as we got closer to Winterfell, as I entered the gates and went towards the castle. I bent down so that Robb could get off and he pulled Brandon off.

“Hodor!” Robb called and Hodor showed up, “Take Bran to his room, make sure his would his treated,” Hodor took Brandon away and then Robb turned towards the woman that Theon was pushing along, “Take her to the dungeons, I’ll figure out what to do with her when I come back.”

“Where are you going-“

“Horse!” Robb yelled, cutting off Maester Luwin, and a guard brought Robb’s horse over. He hopped into the saddle and then looked at me, “Come.”

I nodded my head and then stood up and turned around, being sure not to hit anyone as I turned. Robb ordered his horse to run and I kicked off of the ground and followed him, being sure to keep the pace of the horse. We ran to the meadow that we were in before, the place where I took my clothes off to run and find Brandon. I understood why we were here now.

I sniffed the air to make sure that there was no one else around before I changed back and walked over towards my clothes. I heard Robb drop from his horse and walk over towards me as I tucked my shirt into my pants and tied the strings around my pants tight. Robb wrapped his arms around my waist and started to kiss my neck as I finished tying my pants.

“Thank you,” he said and I turned to face him, “For finding my brother.”

“Of course,” I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair as I reached up and pressed my lips against his, feeling his arms around my waist holding me tight, “We must go back,” I laughed as Robb groaned and placed his face into my neck, “My lord.”

“Don’t call me that, you of all people shouldn’t call me that,” he said and I giggled and cupped his face and rubbed his cheek with my thumb.

“What would you like me to call you then?” I smirked and looked at him to see him smirking.

“My love,” he breathed and then pressed his lips against mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I was laid on the ground on my back and Robb climbed on top of me, I laughed as he started to undo the strings that I had just done.

“We really must get back,” I said and Robb smirked towards me.

“You’re not going to abide by your Lord’s request to stay?” he laughed and I smirked and pushed Robb off and climbed on top of him.

“You’re my Lord, or you’re not my Lord, make up your mind,” I laughed and then felt Robb grab my ass and then sat up, pushing my chest into his face, “We must check on Bran though.”

Robb pulled away and sighed, “Yes, you’re right.”

“Thank you,” I giggled and then placed my hands on his neck and pressed my lips against his and then brought my lips to his ear, “My love.”

Robb smiled brightly and then stood up and helped me up, grabbing my vest and daggers and handing them to me. I placed my belt on that the daggers’ sheaths were attached to, and then threw my vest on. Robb walked over and laced up my vest and then smirked towards me, taking my hand, we walked over towards his horse and hopped on.

As we rode back to Winter fell, I couldn’t help but think, ‘…Cyn and I have been here for over four months, so much has happened, I miss my family, but- Maybe Cyn’s right- I’m happy here, I’m happy with Robb…’ I smiled and wrapped my arms around Robb and laid my chin on his shoulder, feeling the bounce of the horse as we rode along the path.

When we got back to Winterfell, Robb went off to check on Brandon, and I went to see the woman that we brought back, we were informed by a guard that she has been placed in charge of cleaning, ‘…Been here a few hours and she already has a job?...’

I wasn’t familiar to her scent, so it took me a little longer to find her, she was in the dining hall, and she wasn’t alone. I heard another voice with her, and it sounded like Theon. I stayed against the wall and listened to his conversation with the girl.

“You never heard of the Iron Islands?” Theon asked the girl, I obviously came in the middle of the conversation.

‘Trust me, you’ve never heard where I’m from neither,” she said and I heard footsteps. I peeked my head into the room and saw that the woman was going through strays of hay to make a broom, Theon was watching her, I still didn’t trust him.

“Trust me, my lord,” he growled and I snorted, knowing full well that he wasn’t a lord, “You’re not living in the wilderness anymore. In civilized lands, you refer to your betters by their proper titles.”

“And what’s that?”

“Lord,” Theon said and I rolled my eyes.

“Why?” she asked and I smirked.

“Why?” Theon asked confused, “What do you mean, why? My father is Balon Greyjoy, Lord of the Iron Islands.”

“What’s that got to do with you?” she asked and I bit back a laugh, “If your father’s lord, how can you be lord too?”

‘…I like her…’

“I will be lord after my father,” he said and I smirked because she was catching him in his lie.

“So, you’re not lord now?”

“No, you- Are you having a go at me?” Theon asked and I was confused by the expression, “Is that it?”

“Just don’t understand how you southerners do things,” she said and I sighed, knowing how she felt.

“I’m not a southerner!” Theon growled.

“You’re from south of the Wall, that makes you a southerner to me.”

“You’re an impudent little wench, aren’t you?” Theon spat and I growled, really not liking myself being called a ‘wench’, let alone someone else.

“Couldn’t say, my lord. Don’t know what ‘impunent’ means,” she said and I moved closer to the door way, seeing that Theon was moving closer to the girl.

“Impudent,” he corrected, “It means rude, disrespectful,” Theon said and then bent down and grabbed the girl by her waist, “Do you want to lose that chain?”

‘…Asshole!...’ I growled, storming into the room, grabbing him from the back of his neck and throwing him across the room, ‘…Really liking these new powers…’

“What the bloody hell are you doing?!” Theon growled as he stood up and I glared at him while standing in front of the girl.

“I could ask the same of you, ‘my lord’,” I growled and he glared at me and then growled and stormed out of the room, ‘…Guess I was showing my eyes again…’ I thought, sometimes not realizing that it was happening. I turned towards the girl and bent down next to her, “Sorry about him.”

“I’m use to it,” she said and I looked at her sadly, “I’m use to men who can chew that boy up and pick their teeth with his bones,” she spat and I smirked, liking her toughness.

“Jess,” I said, holding out my hand. She looked at me and then down at my hand and then back at me, she slowly took my hand and I shook it, “Nice to meet you- Sorry, I don’t know your name.”

“Osha,” she said and I smiled.

“I’m going to like having you around, Osha.”