Winter Is Coming

031:

“The proper course is clear! Pledge fealty to King Renly and move south to join our forces with his!” a lord yelled and I looked towards Robb to see that he didn’t agree.

“Renly is not the king!” Robb stated.

“You cannot mean to hold to Joffrey, my lord! He put your father to death!” a man said, too many men talking to know who said what.

“That doesn’t make Renly king,” Robb said and I looked towards Cynthia and asked who Renly was, she just shrugged her shoulders, saying she heard the name, maybe saw the face, but didn’t know who he was, “He’s Robert’s youngest brother.”

“Robert being the dead King?” I whispered to Cynthia and she nodded her head, “Ok, I’m catching up here.”

“If Bran can’t be Lord of Winterfell before me, Renly can’t be king before Stannis!” Robb stated and I looked towards Cynthia and asked who Stannis was.

“I don’t know!” she growled and I sighed, “A brother of the late king.”

“Oh,” was all I said and then heard Theon shush us.

“Do you mean to declare us for Stannis?!” a lord asked and others asked the same.

“Renly is not right!” another shouted.

“My lords!” Lord Umber, finally someone’s voice that I recognized, “Here is what I say to these two kings,” he spit on the ground and I snorted, hearing some men cheer.

“Well, that was all said in so little words,” I muttered and Cynthia snorted.

“Renly Baratheon is nothing to me, nor Stannis neither!” Lord Umber yelled, continually turning to makes sure all heard and saw what he had to say, “Why should they rule over me and mine from some flowery seat in the South? What do they know of the Wall or the Wolfswood?”

“Wolfwoods?” I asked and Cynthia shook her head, not knowing either.

“Even their gods are wrong!” the men laughed at Lord Umber’s words.

“I still don’t understand how there are more than one,” Cynthia muttered and I snorted.

“I don’t think that Jesus was born yet, I don’t know,” I said and Cynthia sighed.

“Why shouldn’t we rule ourselves again?” Lord Umber said and everyone looked at him curiously, “It was the dragons we bowed to-“

“Dragons?” Cynthia and I said and Theon glared at us and then shushed us, only having us growl at him.

“…and now the dragons are dead!” Lord Umber said and Cynthia sighed. Lord Umber unsheathed his sword and pointed it towards Robb, I stiffened and gripped the bench, ready to jump up and take Lord Umber down if he tried anything, “There sits the only king I mean to bend my knee to- the King of the North!”

“Huh?” I relaxed and looked towards Cynthia to see that she was looking at everyone and had a small smirk on her face, “King?”

“Yeah,” Cynthia muttered and I watched as Lord Umber bowed, Robb stood and some other men stood.

“I’ll have peace on those terms,” a man said and then bowed, “They can keep their red Castle, and their iron chair too.”

“Oh that reminds me,” Cynthia said and I looked at her, “Later.”

“All right.”

“Am I your brother, now and always?” Theon said and grabbed his sword.

“Now and always,” Robb said and Theon unsheathed his sword and bowed.

“My sword is yours,” Theon said, “In victory and defeat, from this day until my last day.”

“The King in the North!” men cheered and I looked towards Robb and smirked, he looked over towards me and I nodded my head, happy for him, then looking around to see men on their knees bowing for him.

After the meeting, Lady Stark and Cynthia disappeared to somewhere and I headed back towards my tent. I wasn’t alone for more than a minute when the flap opened and Robb walked in.

“King in the North,” I smirked and then saw Robb turn his head, “What?”

“That’s not why I went to war,” he muttered, “I went for my father, for my sisters, for your friend.”

“Well now it became something more, you’ve become something more,” I said as I walked over towards him and placed my hands on his shoulders, “You should be happy.”

“I just want to get everyone back,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head, “How do you feel?”

“Still a little sore, some wounds are taking longer to heal,” I muttered, looking away, but then feeling Robb grab my chin and turn my head to face him.

“Let me see,” he said and I sighed and shook my head, “Jess- Let me see them.”

“They’re ugly-“

“They’re not! You’re not!” he said and then untied my cloak and I heard it fall to the ground. He started to untie my vest and then pulled it off when it was loose.

“Robb-“ he pressed his lips to mine as I felt him untuck my white shirt.

“Lift your arms up,” he breathed and I sighed, but lifted my arms up and felt him pull the shirt over my head.

Robb undid his cloak and I saw it fall to the ground and then felt his hands on my stomach, my sides, my chest, he was tracing every scar on my body. There was one on my arm, another on my hip that moved towards my leg. I was telling Cynthia this morning that I was surprised that we weren’t dead yet.

“I will make them pay,” Robb growled and I sighed and pressed myself against him and laid my head on his chest, “They will die for what they did to you, Cynthia, my father, sisters, everyone!”

“Robb,” I looked at his sad face and then reached down to grab my shirt and threw it back over my head. I looked back at Robb, placed my hand on his chest and then reached up to press my lips onto his, “Come to bed.”

He sighed but nodded his head, we both needed our sleep, too much has happened. I grabbed his hand with both of mine and walked backwards towards my bed, pulling him along with me. Robb kicked off his boots and took his armor, vest and shirt off, climbing into bed only wearing his pants. I kicked my shoes off and climbed in with him, snuggling into his side and laying my head on his shoulder, bent my leg and leaned it on his hip and draped my one arm across his stomach, while the other snuck under his back.

Robb was asleep in minutes, and I sighed and kissed his cheek, hoping that the sleep he got tonight would be a good one. I sadly, wasn’t able to fall asleep as quickly as him, my mind was going a mile a minute, mostly thinking of home, wondering when and if I was ever able to go back. I wondered if my parents and sister missed me, my other friends. We’ve been here for months, schools started; I wondered what was being said about Cynthia and me.

I sighed and heard the flap to the tent opened and turned to see Cynthia walking in. She stopped when she saw me, her eyes were wide. I sighed and then managed to get out of Robb’s grasp without waking him, surprised at how hard of a sleeper he could be.

“You’re-“

“Shhhh,” I said and pushed her out of the tent.

“You and Robb?” she asked and I nodded my head, “I knew it!”

“Be quiet!” I growled and she giggled, but then sighed and looked at the ground, “What is it?”

“Lady Stark and I went to see the Lannister,” she said and I looked at her confused, “He confessed to pushing Bran off of the tower.”

“What?” I growled and Cynthia nodded her head, “Why did he?”

“He didn’t say, but when I was in King’s Landing with Lord Stark, he told me that he found out that Cersei and Jaime were more than just brother and sister.”

“What?” I asked confused.

“You ever notice on how all of her kids have blonde hair and not black like the king?” Cynthia said and my eyes widened.

“No!”

“Yes,” she said and I gasped.

“Ew!”

“Strange times, I know,” Cynthia said and then sighed, “There’s another thing.”

“What now?”

“You remember that book that we were reading in the library before that crazy woman showed up? The book about the Iron Throne- well the journal,” she said and I nodded my head, “It’s real, I’ve seen it! It’s in King’s Landing!”

“What?! But if I remember right, the girl said that she and her dragons were trying to pass the seas to get to the Iron Throne,” I said and Cynthia nodded her head, “That means that- Oh my god!”

“What?!”

“I need to wake Robb up!”