My Beloved Victim

Chapter 2

Sylar took the cold face cloth and gently dabbed her wound clean of any congealed blood, he took a few seconds to scan her features and absorb them, he was thristy for her affection and wasn't going to quit until he had hold of it.

she looked serene as she slept under the weight of an induced unconciousness, a state brought on by him and him alone, guilt began to haunt him stalking his every step as he went form room to room waiting for her to wake up.

The bed creaked loudly echoing through the grubby but organised appartment, he turned quickly on his heels and ran in to the bedroom, smiling at the sight that greeted him as he walked through the door.

She couldn't move her upper body, looking around dazed she could see a change of clothes, her ripped blood spattered jeans and the damaged hooded sweatshirt she arrived in where discarded on to the wooden floor by the bed, and now with only her underwear on she could see the full extent of the damage Sylar had done, the bruises dark angry and prominent, the deep crimson gashes that danced over her ribs stomach and legs still weeping.

She screwed her face up and winced as the tears spilled in to fresh wounds, the very few that adorned her face. a sense of urgency forced her arms to begin to pull she needed to leave she needed to get out of his grip, still unable to move she allowed her eyes to examine the reason why, around her wrists where lengths of rope, he had restrained her, she glanced up and saw him stood in the door way, the same sick smirk across his face,

"You Bastard!"

She screamed her throat still dry and sore, the spite and anger boiled up inside of her again taking over her body, she threw herself forward with no avail, she continued to try, screaming and throwing herself forward, her wrists becoming sore and aggravated.

He walked over to her placing his hands on to her skinny shoulders, enjoying the feel of her silky skin under his hands , she stopped moving and began to stare at him her angry eyes bore in to him as he stared back taking in every curve and shadow of her face,

"Why did you keep me alive?"

He shrugged stood up and walked away, she called out again,

"Sylar?" Her voice was heavy and laced with emotion "Please help me?"

He turned and looked at her sad figure, he walked slowly over and sat on the bed next to her, running his fingers down her tight lean stomach, her eyes remained fixed on him, he moved slowly and began to play with her long now matted hair, she looked at him with pleading eyes,

"I need water"

He nodded and fulfilled her request, gently titling her head back and holding the glass to her lips, she found the liquid soothing, enjoying every moment of rehydration. He smiled at her, she smiled feebly back taking him by surprise. He savoured the moment his breath catching at the sheer simplistic beauty of a broken girls smile,

"Can you untie me? please?"

"No"

"Why?"

"Because you will run and I can't let that happen...I need you here"

Her face screwed up again as tears began to fall, slipping down her cheeks, he gently wiped them away with the palm of his hand, she looked up at him, sheer misery in her eyes,

"Why are you doing this to me"

"Because, because, theres something about you Rayne, something that makes me want to keep you alive, something that makes me want you as a person."

Confusion was now etched across her face as a heavy silence swept across the room,

"Why did you take my clothes?"

"You have open wounds they were dirty, you could have got infected"

She looked at him unable to believe what he had just said to her, he had a disregard for her health for the most part of the experience, maybe he was being sincere about keeping her alive.

Hours dragged past and he watched her as she drifted to sleep he watched the curve of her breasts rise and fall as her breathing turned soft and slow, he couldn't drag his eyes away from the heavenly figure that lay before him, he lay down next to her looking over her peaceful face, contemplating what his next move would be.

She dreamt of soft skin against hers, strong arms around her and rough hands roaming her body, it was his eyes that gave his identity away, the same dark brown as her captors except love and lust appeared in these ones not hate and anger, she liked him this way, she liked his Sylar he was gentle and caring and she enjoyed being around him. The gentle kiss of the cool night air on her bare legs roused her from her sleep, she attempted to sit up, only for reality to come crushing back down on her, she was still restrained.

looking around the room and at the person next to her, she began to feel at ease with her surroundings, the pain in her body started to slowly subside, she spent a few moments watching Sylar sleep, his features had softened he no longer looked angry or intimidating, he looked almost normal and somewhat handsome, her eyes scanned his body as he slept, from his ripped blood splattered jeans to his bare toned torso. In the dark abyss of sleep Rayne found him almost tolerable.

He looked somewhat innocent as he slept and an overwhelming and sudden longing washed over her cold body, she wanted him to hold her, tightly, she remained still and watched as he slept. the hours slipping by silently until his eye lids began to slowly open, flickering every so often as he attempted to regain focus, he smiled as he saw her, she smiled back, uncertain of how he was going to treat her this time.

He leaned forward and began to fiddle and tug with the rope restraints, her wire like arms fell free, she winced and gently massed the deep crimson lacerations on her wrists, he stood slowly and began to walk out of the room,

"You have two minutes, do you need anything?"

she nodded shyly as not to antagonize him,

"I'm pretty hungry"

He nodded and walked out of the room quickly locking the door behind him. she relished the freedom, rising from the bed, her joints aching, legs weak, she stumbled froward slightly in an attempt to stretch her stiff body, wrapped up in her new found freedom she didn't notice him re-enter the room, he smiled gorging his eyes on her slender figure as she stretched out and curved her body, he watched her for a few seconds before moving quickly over to her and placing his hands on the slight curve of her hip, their eyes met in a moment of awkward lust driven glares.

"I think you should sit down now, I'll start cooking your food soon"

she nodded and sat back down on he bed shuffling back in to her position, he was on the other side of the small room, rummaging through a drawer of clothing, pulling out a navy blue t-shirt and a pair of black boxer shorts she slowly pulled them over her and felt the warmth kiss her skin, disappointment rushed over her as he picked up another two lengths of rope.

"Lay down"

She did so obediently, he placed a firm grip around her tiny still sore wrist not looking at her pained expression as he tied her to the bed frame again, it hurt him too much to see her in pain, but he couldn't stop him self from hurting the ones below him, the ordinary ones the ones who didn't deserve to be in his presence.

she looked up at him as he leaned over her to tie her other wrist, his face inches from hers, she could smell his warm musk, she turned her face to meet his, their eyes locking, she could feel his breath pouring over her neck, she kept their eyes locked together and slowly moved forward, pushing her lips in to his, her eyes slowly closed as she fell deeper in to the sudden kiss.