My Beloved Victim

Chapter 3

He walked in to the bathroom glaring at himself angrily in the dirty mirror, his mind torturing his thoughts, Did he really want Rayne dead? Did he want to be with her? she was normal, he was special a one of a kind, he had never kept a victim alive before now, not unless it was to prolong his pleasure, but there was something different about her, something in the way she made him feel.

He couldn't allow emotions to get involved, not now, she was his and if he showed her emotion she wouldn't respect him, she would look down on him just like everyone else looked down on Gabriel, in a moment of blind anger his clenched fist collided with the mirror, a hot kiss of pain tore through his right arm causing a flurry of violent curse words to fall from his clenched teeth,

"Sylar?" A tiny voice made him catch his breath and freeze to the spot "Are you okay?"

He was still holding his wrist tightly and was looking angrily at the crimson tracks dancing towards the crook of his arm. He marched back through to the bedroom, snatching up an old bandage from the dresser that was falling apart in the corner of the small room. Wrapping it quickly around his still throbbing wound.

She looked at him stood with his broad back to her, she craned her neck in curiosity attempting to see what he was doing, he turned quickly on his heels causing her to jump, a sickening fear washed over her, his soft features had contorted in to an evil snarl, he lifted his bandaged hand and soaked in her terrified look, with a brisk flick of his wrist she had flown across the room with a god like force behind her, the sound of wood splintering and her body hitting the floor made him smile, he pulled his wrist upwards and watched as her body rose from the wreckage of furniture and discarded clothing, she was whimpering as he pulled her towards him and dropped her on the floor.

She began to feel the bile rise in her throat again pushed by fear, she let out a loud scream as he dragged her in to the front room and slammed her body in to the wall, he walked over to her crumpled body lifting her by her throat,

"Stay out of my head!"

He hissed angrily.

She looked at him tears in her eyes, her body aching once again, she felt her self fly backwards a feeling shes sure she would have enjoyed if it wasn't under such terrifying circumstances, relieved to have landed on the sofa but still rigid with fear she kept her eyes on his watching his every move now aware avoiding him would require extra concentration, she knew he was smart, she also knew that it only took a flick of one of his long fingers to kill her.

With her heart racing she took a deep breath and stood from the sofa, and walked towards him, he kept his eyes on her as she slowly moved from one side of the room to the other until she was face to face with him she could feel her warm breath dance over his still bare torso, before he could register what she had done, he was reeling back from a sharp blow to his face, he fell to the floor landing on his back hitting his head hard.

He blinked a few times to focus his vision, she was stood above him knife in hand a vengeful fury written across her pretty face, she suddenly dropped to his level attempting to plunge the knife in to his chest, he flicked it out of her hand and watched as it flew and stuck its self in to the plaster board walls, she laughed slightly before landing another blow to his face,

"People are going to know I'm missing and they're going to look for me and I will never stop trying to get out of this shit hole until one of us is dead!"

his brown eyes locked on to hers, seeing her so frustrated gave him a strong sense of arousal, he needed those lips on his again, but he was going to bide his time and be smart about getting to her, he instantaneously began to hatch a plan that even she wouldn't see through.

He gave her a sharp kick to the stomach sending her backwards, he made a quick calculation and sent her flying once more, this time through the flimsy wall of what was once his living room she landed on the bed in an awkward heap, he charged through wasting no time in restraining her again, he continued through her shrill protests and pleas, regret was now clawing at his insides, like ice cold hands with razor sharp claws, churning and tearing at him, as his heart raced his hand began to throb more, agitating him to the point of breaking.

He sat on the bed next to her as she sobbed and let out her final few protests, he was starring in to nothing, daydreaming, playing with the ends of her hair mindlessly, he hated her for making him feel all the emotions that he had shut off many years ago, Gabriel felt emotion, Sylar didn't. she was beginning to get to him, beginning to break him down piece by piece and he was still unsure of whether he wanted her to do that.

He waited patiently for her to settle back down, waited for her to scream until her throat was sore so she was unable to scream anymore, after her last quiet scream he listed the glass still half full from her drink earlier to her lips she drank quickly, he cleaned up any spillages and made her face him, she looked tired, her skin dull and hair lank, she was beginning to get large dark rings under her eyes, he swore to himself that she was going to break before he did, she looked at him with the same look of terror in her eyes the one he had enjoyed so much to begin with, he tilted his head slightly cupping her cheek and gently stroking the soft skin with his thumb,

"You still hungry?" He asked her in a softer tone, she nodded "Whats your favorite?"

"Pasta"

She replied weakly not knowing what to expect from the man who blew hot and cold with her, in one moment he wanted to hold her in the next he wanted to hang her, she couldn't read him, not in the way she could others, and she began to regret letting him by her that drink. Her body was aching worse than before, the cold draft that blew through the apartment was stiffening her joints even more. her head was warm as the hot sticky liquid began to seep from a wound above her eye.

He picked the face cloth up once more and dabbed at her face again,

"I'll go and cook"

He smiled placing the cloth back on the bedside cabinet before leaving the room, she could hear him cooking and mumbling under his breath, as the smell of fresh pasta greeted her, her stomach let out a long loud growl, he re-entered the room with two steaming plates, he placed them on the dresser and untied her before handing her a plate, he watched as she ate visible enjoyment on her face, he couldn't remember how long it had been since he had eaten a full meal with someone, he was aware his conversation was lacking, but wasn't about to make any effort to improve that part of him, he didn't need to converse with people, he needed people to shudder at the mention of his name, taking pride in the fact that he usually got this reaction. It meant he was finally special.