My Beloved Victim

Chapter 4

She walked slowly across the grass, the suns kiss warming her skin, her eyes slowly adjusted to the bright light as she weaved in and out of the blossom trees that where surrounding her, she looked down at her skinny body that was now adorned with a pale yellow summer gown, the freedom was overwhelming, she used her freedom wisely, laying on the soft grass and weaving several daisy chains, as she lay back to enjoy the sun a piercing scream forced her spine upwards, the crystal blue skies began to darken around her, as thunder rolled in she began to run towards the pained screaming that was beginning to make her shudder, rain began to fall around her, pelting her skin sending shivers convulsing through her body.

She was awake, the screams still painfully real, as she waited for her breathing to settle she called out to him, the screams still echoing through the apartment, a sickening fear grew on her, the screams where real, he was hurting someone, she began to thrash around trying to free herself, the restraints making her wrists sore suddenly snapped freeing her, she lifted from the bed and was dragged through to the front room, she knew it was him doing this, and she no longer had the energy to think about fighting him any more she had long since given up.

On her arrival in to the front room she found her self suddenly thrown and pinned against the wall, Sylar turned his head and looked at her

"Watch"

He ordered, she did so obediently finding it impossible to turn her head away from the sight before her, he had her gripped and exactly where he wanted her. With her line of sight directed at the brunette on the floor, Rayne had no choice but to watch as Sylar lifted her from the ground forced her in to the wall and threw her to the floor.

The woman looked up at her pleading with her eyes for some sort of salvation, there was nothing she could do to save the bloodied and writhing body that was in front of her, the brunette was now on her knees her face more bruised than Rayne's ever was, she watched as the woman's eyes became wider, an almost black thin slice began to appear across her throat, a sickening gurgling sound rose from the girls throat as she choked on her own regurgitated blood, she began to cough spraying blood on to Sylar's chiseled face, he sniggered under his breath before pushing the girl forward and allowed her to die.

He released her from his grip, she fell to the floor winding herself as the ground hit the small of her back, she looked up to see him with a hand extended to aid her, she cautiously accepted his help, and stood next to him, the stagnant blood sticking to her lungs, a smell so strong she could taste it on her dry tongue.

He rubbed her back trying to help her regain the breath that had previously been knocked out of her, the two stood side by side in a heavy silence, both staring at the bloody mess in front of them. he looked at her, her face painted with a rigid fear, her blue eyes bloodshot with the tears that had newly formed in them, the same feeling of stomach churning guilt knotted up inside of him, forcing him to place a strong arm around her tiny waist, he pulled her in to him, looking down at her, her face still staring at the corpse on the floor, he could feel her fear as she shook slightly in his arms, he cupped her chin gently pulling her face up to him, she remained on the brink of tears, she stared in to his eyes as he returned the favour losing himself for a few seconds,

"There's clean clothes in the drawers, take what you need to sleep in, I'll clean up you go and rest"

She nodded still feeling dazed unable to process what had just happened in front of her, a human life had ended at his hands and she watched the last breaths leave the girls body, she watched as her heart stopped beating, she felt nauseated and weak as she entered the next room, the smell of blood was still just as strong.

She fell on to the bed face first, scrambling around and curling into a ball, she remained facing the wall, the smell of bleach wafted through the apartment, cleansing the smell of death out of her thoughts but not the image, the girls eyes, the blood leaking from the deep wound, the splatter hitting Sylar's face, his neutral expression.

She squeezed her eyes closed allowing a few tears to slip down her cheeks, her sobs where breathy and quiet, now she knew what he was capable of she needed to stay on his good side. it all started to feel real to her now, she may never leave this tiny flat or his morbid clutches, those thoughts didn't scare her, she had grown attached to Sylar and even found a kindness in his brown eyes and a safety in his arms, he felt normal to her.

She lay awake for hours the bleach soothing her, the sound of scrubbing aggravating her slightly, her position hadn't changed from when she had gotten in to the bed, the bed she now began to regard as her own, she made out faces and shapes in the patterns of the dirty wood-chip wallpaper, often revisiting them and making up small fairy tales or fantasies, it comforted her. She stopped herself breathing for a few seconds listening as Sylar came in to the room, she listened as he changed his clothes and walked towards the bed, she waited patiently for him to flip her over and wrench her hands in to position for the restraints, she felt his hands on her, sure enough he did pull her but strangely only closer to him.

He held her tightly to his chest in an attempt to comfort her, he heard her cries, he saw her fear, bit no-one could stop him feeling the hunger that he did, the craving for fear and suffering that kept him awake most nights, but he didn't want her fear, he wanted her to join him and he knew how he was going to mold her in to the perfect callous killer that he wanted, he was sure she was just like him, he was almost positive that she had Intuitive aptitude just like he did, he was pretty certain it just hadn't been awakened yet.

She liked being close to him she enjoyed his smell and found his heartbeat soothing, she absorbed the moment through her skin, sending her heart soaring upwards, she needed to sleep as she felt her head become cloudy she grew fearful of what he may be like when she awoke, but her body couldn't take much more of the torture that it had endured today. She slowly slipped in to a heavy dreamless sleep.

He was roused from his sleep by the smell of bacon, he sat up feeling groggy, his vision blurred, his head span as he stood, he took a few small shaky steps the bottoms of his feet sore from hours of being unused, he reached the kitchen and leaned on the door frame, watching as Rayne glided around the kitchen in just his t-shirt and her underwear, he smiled to him self watching her cook blissfully unaware of his presence. he gave himself a few more moments to consume her simplistic beauty and her child like innocence, with out thinking twice he slipped behind her placing his hands on her hips, causing her to jump and spin round,

"Morning"

He growled

"I made you bacon"

She fluttered her eyelashes and handed him a plate, he nodded at her and smiled accepting the cooked breakfast graciously, he sat down on the aging leather sofa causing it to squeak loudly, nudging a stray body part out of the way with his foot.

It still turned her stomach, the fact that last nights victim was still a center piece on their living room floor, but she needed his affection, she needed him to hold her like he had done the previous night. Her body began to crave his attention to the point where it made her ache, and she was willing to do whatever it took to get him to love her.