Status: Complete.

You Never Really Can Fix a Heart

26

“That’s not fair! It’s my birthday and he gets the birthday sex?” Jack whined as Alex and Lo walked away.

“Oh, whatever will you do?” I said in an old English accent. Like how those girls talk in those black and white movies.

“Now that you mention it, my super hot girlfriend is in town and I haven’t slept with her in weeks. Think she will pleasure me for my birthday?” he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and posed with his other hand on his hip. Gosh, my boyfriend can be so girly, why do I date him? Oh, because he’s hot and has amazing skills in bed. I know every girl says that their boyfriend is the best in bed, but let me tell you I’ve been with quite a few guys in my past and none have pleased me like Jack.

“Well,” I drawed out the ‘L’ sound. “you see, she already got you a present so I don’t think she wants to add sex to that list of great presents she spent time getting for you.”

“That doesn’t sound like her.” he scrunched up his nose like he smelled something bad as he shook his head. “My girlfriend never turns down sex. Unless she’s sick then it’s a no go. But she looks perfectly healthy to me.”

“If he’s a good boy then, maybe he’ll get lucky.” I winked at him.

“Fuck no!” Zack yelled. “No sex on the bus! It’s a rule! I have to hear you guys fuck enough back in Baltimore, the bus is a sacred place. She’s practically my sister, I’m traumatized for life! I’ve already seen Lo fuck and that was too much.”

“Oh come on! Don’t cockblock me on my birthday!” Jack whined. “Lo and Alex went to go fuck and you’re not stopping them.”

“Yeah well they are going to have sex in a hotel room not the bus so theres a difference.” Zack said matter of factly.

“Flyzik, tell Zack that I can have sex on the bus.” Jack stomped his foot like he was a child. I’m dating a man child!

“I’m not saying you can and I’m not saying you can’t.” Flyzik shrugged. “I’d prefer you not to because like Zack said, it’s a rule on the bus. But I have also known you and Rae long enough to know that you won’t listen to a word I say.”

“See, Flyzik said it is okay.” Jack stuck his tongue out at Zack.

“He did not! You just hear what you want.” Zack rolled his eyes.

“Okay, enough about if Jack is going to get laid or not. Lets get back to the bus so this man child can get his presents.” I slapped Jack’s chest playfully.

“Ooo presents!” he yelled excitedly as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I screamed and told him to put me down. “No, me Tarzan, you Jane.”

I laughed at his voice impression. “Oh my god, you’re such a nerd.”

“Well you’re in love with a nerd, so what does that make you?” he said jokingly.

“It makes me crazy.” I laughed then slapped his butt.

“Oh, me like when you do that.”

“You guys are so fucking nauseating!” Scarlett gaged. “Thank god I won’t be on the bus with you guys.”

“Can I join you and Brie in the van? I don’t think I want to be on the bus with those two plus Alex and Lo. Then Cassadee is supposed to be here in an hour or so. To many couples.” Zack groaned .

“Oh my poor big brother.” Scarlett hugged Zack. She’s always considered Zack her big brother, we obviously didn’t grow up with the ideal family and we were all each other had. Zack was always around so he soon became her big brother. Zack even threatened to beat up this guy who hurt Scarlett when she was fourteen. We are all a family, even though Zack and Lo dated. “I’m sure Brie wouldn’t mind you joining us. Plus we should have brought Lena. But that wouldn’t have been fair to me and Brie, now would it?”

“Oh shush, little sister.” Zack laughed.

“Are we at the bus yet, being upside down is nauseating.” I groaned.

“Yep! Here we are!” Jack said as he put me down and opened the door to the bus. “Now get on the bus, woman! I want my presents.”

“They are in your bunk, loser.” I told him. As soon as the words left my mouth he rushed through the bus to his bunk and squealed.

“Holy fucking shit!” he yelled then ran back to the front lounge. “Guys, I have the coolest fucking girlfriend ever!” he held up the Ravens jersey I got him that is also signed by every player. Good thing I have connections.

“How come he gets a cool gift like that and I got a workout station for my room? Not saying that is awesome, but shit a signed Ravens jersey? That’s epic.” Zack glared at me.

“I’m pretty sure the answer to that question, bro, is that Jack’s penis goes inside her and yours doesn’t.” Rian snickered.

“Yo, I better get a pretty epic gift for keeping your boy alive and out of jail on tour!” Flyzik yelled jokingly.

“I’ll be sure to compensate you, Fly.” I winked at him.

We all hung out and started drinking, well Scarlett didn’t drink even though all the boys tried to get her to. She probably would have if she didn’t have to babysit later. Rian left shortly after to go pick up Cassadee and said he would meet us back at the hotel since it was a few blocks away from where the party was being held, I suspect that they are going to do exactly what Lo and Alex have been doing. We all got consumed with acting crazy that I almost forgot I was supposed to be back at the hotel to get ready with Lo. It wasn’t until Brie text me saying that she had my make up back that I asked her to bring from home. “Shit, where is the bus driver? We’ve got to go.”

“The party isn’t for awhile, chill.” Zack poked my shoulder.

“Uh you obviously have forgotten who I am. It takes me a good two hours to get ready and there is three, probably four girls getting ready in one bathroom. You do the math, buddy.” I snorted as I stood up.

“Girl has a point, we need that bus driver and fast.” Zack laughed.

Flyzik went to get the driver and as soon as we got to the hotel I kissed Jack and said I would see him soon. Scarlett and I quickly went up to the room that Brie had. Scarlett knocked on the door and Brie answered it. “Rae!” Ryleigh yelled as she ran to me and hugged me.

“Hey Ry, how have you been?” I asked her. She’s like my own little sister. I may not be blood related to Lo or Zack but blood couldn’t bring us any closer. We are all one big family, which means Ryleigh and Johnny are my little brother and sister. Just like Lo and Zack treat Scarlett like their own flesh and blood.

“Great! We won the championship game!” she said excitedly.

“Awesome!” I high fived her then went over to hug Johnny and Izzy. Faith was busy drawing with Alex. “So Alex, you need to go now buddy. It’s girl time.”

“I can be one of the girls.” he protested.

“Ha, ha. Not gonna happen. The guys are waiting for you and Cassadee should be here any minute.” I told him. “Plus Jack wants to throw his birthday present in your face since he spent about an hour gloating to everyone else.”

“What did you get him?” he raised an eyebrow.

“You and find out.” I laughed.

“Okay, I’m curious. See you later, babe.” Alex stood up from the table in the corner and kissed the top of Faith’s head before kissing Lo.

Not long after Alex left Cassadee knocked on the door. “Party is here!” she laughed as she walked in. It’s refreshing to see that she’s comfortable around us now. Rian still thinks that we will corrupt her but I’m pretty sure her touring with his crazy ass band has already done that.

Lo squealed and ran over to Cass, giving her a hug. “It’s more fun seeing you in person that teasing you and Rian over skype.”

“It’s good to see you guys again. Been around boys too much lately.” Cass said making a face.

“Well now it’s time to get pampered. Scarlett is doing everyone’s make up. But we’re on our own for our hair.” Brie laughed.

Scarlett turned on music and we danced around as we got ready. Everyone played with the kids as we got ready too. I think Cassadee had a lot of fun with them. “Pardon your French huh?” Lo raised an eyebrow at me with a smirk. She was talking about my shirt which said ‘Pardon my French’

“You know me and my Sailor mouth.” I joked which really wasn’t much of a joke since I curse so much.

“Mommy, I see yous belly.” Faith spoke up in the midst of all of the laughter. Lo had on a pair of camo shorts and a black studded crop top. She looked hot as hell. She’s never been much of girl to show off a lot of skin but since she’s been with Alex she has since he turns him on.

“That's because your mommy loves to show her tummy.” Brie snickered. Faith just shrugged and went back to her drawing, her two year old mind didn’t understand that her Aunt had an underlying meaning to what she said.

“Brie, shush. Don’t feed my child your perversion.” Lo smacked Brie’s shoulder.

Once everyone was finally all sexified we said by to the kids and Scarlett and made our way to the lobby to meet the guys. Jack has been texting me for the past hour telling me to hurry up cause he wants to get fucked up already. The guys were all sitting down and were on their phones. “Ahem.” I cleared my throat and they all looked up. Once they saw us, their eyes went wide.

“Now I miss Lena even more. You guys are hot.” Zack said with a small smirk on his face.

“Aww, I’ll hang out with you Zacky.” Brie hugged him.

“But you’re like my sister.” he whined. “Plus don’t you have a boyfriend?”

“What?” me and Lo yelled at the same time. “We just spent the last three hours getting ready and you don’t mention this to us?” I questioned.

“Sorry! He doesn’t know about Izzy yet and it’s relatively new so I didn’t want to say anything until it’s more serious.” Brie defended herself.

“I only know because well we talk a lot.” Zack shrugged.

“We will talk about this tomorrow, tonight we celebrate Jack and his perverted existence.” Lo laughed, grabbing Alex’s hand and walking away. I know that she’s putting on a front right now. Brie and her have always been close, they share a bond that she doesn’t have with me or Zack, I’m not sure if it’s because they are blood or because they have kids, but whatever it is they never have secrets. So I know that Brie not telling her that she is dating is hurting her.

Everyone was at the warehouse that I rented out for the party when we showed up. Drinks were flowing, the music was turned up loud and people were dancing everywhere. This was going to be an epic party. We all went to the bar and ordered a round of whiskey shots. Afterwards I dragged Jack to the dance floor to dance. I laughed as he started to pop his butt like a crazy person. “Babe stop, you look like you need medical attention.” I laughed.

“You love it.” he stuck his tongue out at me and started to pop his butt against me. I laughed hysterically and smacked his butt hard. “Oh I likey.”

“You’re so fucking perverted.” I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t ever hear you complaining about it.” he gave me a knowing look as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to him. Our bodies collided hard causing me suck in a breath. I could feel his warm breath on my neck, giving me goosebumps all over my body. “Last I remember you loved my perverted side. And that it was you who was the freak in bed so who is the perverted one now?” he bit down on my neck.

I moaned, my body got hot and it wasn’t because it’s summer, it’s from my arousal. I grabbed ahold of Jack’s face, bringing his lips to mine. I kissed him with every ounce of passion that I had in me. When I finally pulled away I could hardly catch my breath. “We need to find the bathroom and NOW.”

“I thought you’d never say that.” He breathed out. It didn’t take any time before he grabbed my hand and started making his way through the crowd of people toward the bathrooms. We were almost there when Lo, Brie, Zack and Alex stopped us. Lo looked worried but Zack looked pissed. Brie and Alex looked nervous though. What the hell is going on here? Whatever it is killed my buzz.

“What’s going on?” I questioned.

“Landon is here.” Brie spit out quickly like she couldn’t keep it in any longer.

“What?!” I yelled in shock. “How the hell is he here? How did he even know about this party?”

“I’m here with a friend.” I heard Landon’s voice say from behind me.

I twirled around quickly and came face to face with Landon. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. I never wanted to see his face again. I haven’t seen him in over a year. Last time I saw him was when I ran into him on the street when I was going to work. He tried to get me to hook him with him after my shift, I almost did it. But that was the first day I realized that I had feelings for Jack and I needed to stop toying with his emotions. I never said a word though because I thought Jack just wanted our benefits and not the commitment. I didn’t even know at the time if I was ready for a real commitment. It hadn’t felt like it was that long that I had recovered from my pill addiction and Lo was still going through a lot of crap, I just didn’t need the added drama of a relationship. I wish I could kill him, Landon nearly ruined my life and I’ll be damned if I let him manipulate shit again.

“What friend?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Remember Alac? His cousin is on this tour and she’s just a kid, I came with him to help babysit her so to speak.” he explained.

“But you would have to know that this party was for my boyfriend, so why show up? Why not stay on the bus?” I snapped at him.

“Look, I’m here to make amends not to cause trouble.” he defended himself.

“I call bullshit.” Lo laughed darkly. She hated Landon as much as I do.

“It’s not, I swear.” Landon held up his hands defensively. “My grandma died and I want to be the man she thought I was.”

I gasped, I loved his grandma. She was the sweetest old lady ever. She was always harping at Landon to stop being a scoundrel. She saw the good in Landon when no one else did. He loved his grandma more than anyone in this world. Even though I hate him, I would never wish anyone’s loved one dead. “I’m so sorry.”

“She was sick for awhile.” he shrugged sadly. “I just wish I cleaned up my act before she passed. Now I feel like I have to honor her death by being the man she always told me to be. So when Vita told us about this party, I thought this would be the perfect time to come clean about the things that I know and to make amends for all the things I’ve done to you.”

“Look, the past is the past. I want to leave it there. I’ve moved on and you should too.” I shook my head.

“I see that you have, and I can see that you’re happier than I’ve ever seen you. That makes me happy.” He smiled. “But I still need to apologize for treating you like a complete crap for years. And for trying to ruin your birthday party.”

“How did you even find out about my party anyways?” I asked curiously.

He laughed in amusement. “I may have been an asshole to you, but that doesn’t mean that I never listened to you. You dreamed about your twenty-first party since the day I met you.”

I went to respond but Rian and Cassadee approached us. “What’s with the serious faces?” Rian asked concerned.

“Hey aren’t you the guy that was at Rae’s party? The one talking to Lisa.” Cassadee looked at Landon with her eyebrows scrunched.

“What the fuck?” Alex said loudly.

“Uh, yeah that would be me.” Landon said as he rocked back and forth on his heels.

“How do you even know Lisa?” Zack questioned suspiciously.

“I was actually dating her. We broke up about a week or two ago.” Landon confessed causing all of us to be in shock. “I went to your party with Mel and Lisa, Blake followed us as well. This is what I need to talk to you all about. I know a lot that you should know.”

“We already know that Lisa is crazy. She’s out of my life for good now.” Alex said.

“No really don’t know how crazy she can be, dude.” Landon shook his head.

“Kara told me that Lisa has this obsession with Alex, we’re taking care of it.” Lo spoke up.

“There’s things that Kara doesn’t know. Things that only I know because she confided in me.” Landon was getting irritated because he was getting interrupted. “Lisa’s obsession with Alex is far worse that you can imagine. She is ruthless and will do anything to get what she wants. She’s been torturing you guys for her own twisted amusement. She is willing to go as far as killing Lo to get Alex all to herself. She is deranged.”

“Great.” Lo said sarcastically then walked away with Alex hot on her trail. I heard Brie sigh then go after her as well as Zack. Big siblings to the rescue.

“Thanks for telling us that, Landon. All else is forgotten and forgiven. We both are different people and it’s time to just let it all go.” I told him. Landon nodded then walked away. I told Rian and Cassadee that I would be back in a bit. I dragged Jack with me as I walked away.

I found the bathrooms and made sure there was no one in the stalls before closing and locking the door behind me and Jack. “Are you okay?” he asked me.

I thought about it for a minute. Was I okay? I’m not exactly sure if I was or not. But one thing I was sure of was that I am completely in love with Jack. “I’m good, as long as I have you.” I smiled.

“You’ll always have me.” he kissed me softly on the lips.

“Lets pretend we never ran into Landon and do what we intended to do in here.” I looked at him deviously as I unbuttoned my shorts.

“You got it, babe.” he smirked then pushed me up against the wall and attacked his lips with mine. This is my life and no one was going to mess it up.
♠ ♠ ♠
How adorable are Rae and Jack? I freaking love them together.
And Landon was at the party!? That was shocking right? What did you think about his confession? Will this be the last straw for Lo? Shit is getting crazy.
Only two more chapters left! Then off to the sequel!!