Status: oh but darling's story, but she couldn't finish.

Stay

Chapter One

| One |
Violet's POV
Beep. Beep. Bee-

I slammed my alarm clock to a stop. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally a morning person. But last night I spent all night reading all of the Hunger Games books. Which is totally ironic because I couldn't read back then.

I groaned at the sunlight, the window blinds were open-- meaning my roommate must've opened them. What a pain in the arse*.

~ ♡ ~

I hummed the beat of I Don't Care by ICONA Pop, as much as I hated my job-- it paid the bills. I opened the glass doors and entered my work.

The clean, new, fresh pages intoxicated the room, the clacking of the librarian's long nails hit the keyboard as her face was glued to the computer screen.

The library.

Like I said, ironic because I couldn't read back then. Memories flashed in my mind, I smiled as I thought of Niall.

"What the hell are you smiling about?" My manger, Remi, demanded. She placed her freshly painted nails on the surface of the counter and began tapping her nails, waiting for my answer.

"I'm just thinking of someone." I answered honestly.

" Someone? " Remi mimicked my voice and scrunched up her sharpie eyebrows. I nodded, did she want me to repeat it again?

"You bitch, don't be thinking of Niall." Remi hissed at me. Remi went to high school and middle school with Niall and I. She had the biggest crush on him, too bad she was the biggest slut towards him.

I bit my bottom lip. Remi glared her beady black eyes at me then turned around, huffing out loud frustrated screams as she stormed into her office.

I sighed with relief, thank god Remi didn't start screaming. I smiled a bigger grin when the memory of the first day Niall and I met.

- Flash Back -
"Dumb kid..." The teacher, Mrs.Kitz muttered as she took my paper. Everyone else had flooded out of the room, but I was still here.

I just couldn't get the math problems, I tried so many times that there were eraser marks and holes in my paper.

Mrs.Kitz took her gigantic empty cup and left the room, probably to take a refill of coffee. I sat and let the tears fall down.

I buried my head with my hands and began crying.

"Mrs.Kitz? I think I left my lunch-"

I looked up and saw a head full of blonde hair, popping blue eyes, and a great smile. I sighed and tried wiping the tears.

"Um, hi?" He greeted. "Where's Mrs.Kitz?"

"To get a coffee refill. I hope she dies of too much caffeine." I said bitterly. He chuckled and walked over to my desk. He brought up a chair in front of me and scooted his legs under my desk.

"Why were you crying?" He asked, what I liked about him was that when he said something he looked at your face, directly.

I sniffled once more. "It's not your business."

"I'm Niall." Niall introduced himself. "And I'd like to know what's wrong."

I stared into his welcoming blue eyes, so hypnotizing. I took one last glance at Niall's eyes and burst out crying.

- End Flash Back -

I ended up pouring my heart and soul to Niall. What felt nice was that he didn't push me to spit out my problems-- he took the time, he rubbed my back every time I cried.

The front doors of the library opened. It was the mail man.

"I have mail for you Violet!" He announced, he walked over to me and handed me a white envelope.

"Is that it?" I smiled and asked politely, he nodded and strode out of the library. I opened the seal and read it.
♠ ♠ ♠
arse* - it's the British version of ass.

I Don't Care is an awesome song! Check it out c: (and no, I wasn't paid to do that.)

Mrs.Kitz is a fake teacher, dunno if that's a real last name ♡
The school is fake too. I dunno if it is real :D (lol but probably not in Ireland...)

Thank you, January Rose for commenting c': ♡♡
* chapter dedicated to her *