Sequel: Olivia on Tour
Status: COMPLETED!

Olivia

Chapter 9.

"Alex? Why are you here?" I asked, blinking slowly. It was only half past two in the morning.

"I'll tell you if you let me." He bargained.

I let him in, following him into the living room. He stumbled into the wall with a crash. I winced, thinking of Olivia upstairs asleep. I guided him by his elbow onto the sofa. He sat down and looked up at me.

I sat next to him and asked, "Why are you here Alex?"

"I tried, I swear to God, I tried not to come here, but I couldn't resist..." He trailed off, staring at the wall, "But somehow I found myself here. Like your a flame and I'm a moth. Oh, I don't know, it's like I'm attracted to you, even when I don't want to be..."

I stared at him, despite the alcohol I could smell, he seemed to be telling the truth.

"What?" I asked.

"I love you Jack, have done for about two years now." He said before promptly falling asleep on me.
*-*-*-*-*-*
The next morning, as I was making breakfast - waffles with bacon - for Olivia and me, Alex stumbled into the kitchen.

"Alex!" Olivia said loudly, lauching herself at him.

Alex winced at the loud noise and rubbed his eyes. He looked like he had just woken up, which he probably had.

"Morning Alex." I said nonchalantly, as though he hadn't confessed his love for me earlier this morning.

He sat in a chair and pressed his forehead into the wooden table.

"Jack, what's wrong with Alex?" Olivia asked, sitting back down.

I laughed, "He's got a hangover Olivia."

"What's one of them?"

"It's where you drunk too much alcohol the night before and have to suffer with a headache the following morning." I explained, unable to hide my amusement.

"Don't be evil Jack." Alex muttered into the table.

I ruffled his messy hair, sitting next to him and giving him a plate with a waffle and bacon on, "Too late for that."

"True."
*-*-*-*-*-*
I watched as Zack taught Olivia to skateboard. She was doing moderately well, considering she had never done it before.

Alex sat next to me on the bench and joined me in watching Zack teach Olivia skateboarding.

"I didn't say anything last night did I?" He asked.

I turned to look at him and replied, with a smile, "No, of course not."

He let out a relieved sigh, "Good."

I wasn't sure why I didn't tell him he'd confessed his love for me last night. Maybe I just needed time to think about it.

Hang on, I needed to think about what exactly? I wondered, watching Zack carefully push Olivia on his skateboard along the sidewalk. He then let go and Olivia was going all by herself.

Zack ran behind her, easily keeping pace. He gently pulled her to a stop and crouched down next to her, saying something Alex and I were unable to hear, being on the other side of the deserted road. He prodded her towards us.

"What d'you think he told her?" Alex muttered as Olivia came running over.

"Dunno Alex. Hi Olivia." I said to the girl now standing in front of us.

"Alex! Zack says you're the singer! Can you sing something for me? Please?" She pleaded with him, her blue eyes staring him down.

"Fine," He said, clearing his throat and beginning,

"I wish you could see your face right now,
'Cause you're grinning like a fool,
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor, On a Tuesday afternoon,
It doesn't matter when we get back,
To doing what we do,
'Cause right now could last forever,
Just as long as I'm with you,"


He locked eyes with me as he sang the chorus with passion in his brown eyes.

"But you're just a daydream away,
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you,
And I'll keep you a daydream away, Just watch from a safe place,
So I never have to lose,"


Olivia stood, wide-eyed in amazement. I smiled at her.

"We would go out on the weekend,
To escape our busy lives,
And we'd laugh at all the douche-bag guys,
Chasing down their desperate wives,
I would drink a little too much,
You'd offer me a ride,
And I would offer you a t-shirt,
And you would stay another night,"


Now that I thought about it, that sounds scarily familiar. Oh yeah, that night a few months ago, before we put out "Dirty Work" actually, Alex had gotten utterly pissed so I had given him a ride. I'd ended up staying at his house for the night, in the same bed, that was comfy.

"But you're just a daydream away,
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you,
And I'll keep you a daydream away, Just watch from a safe place,
So I never have to lose,"


Why does he keeping looking at me when he sings the chorus?

"We never stood a chance out there, Shooting love in real-time,
So we'll take it over ice tonight,
With a little salt,
And a little lime,"


A sad look crossed over his face as he sang that last part. I wondered why.

"You're just a daydream away,
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you,
And I'll keep you a daydream away,
Just watch from a safe place,
So I never have to lose,"


Alex sighed sadly before continuing,

"You're just a daydream away,
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you."


"That was amazing Alex! More!" Olivia demanded, stomping her foot.

"Not right now Olivia, maybe later?" Alex replied.

"Why not now?" Olivia said crossly, folding her arms.

"Because I have to rest my voice." Alex explained gently.

"That's pointless!" She said before stomping back over to Zack, who just chuckled quietly.

"Well, she's got a temper, hasn't she?" Alex said, conversationally.

"Mm-hm." I agreed, not really listening because I was starting to suspect A Daydream Away was written about me.

"Alex... Was A Daydream Away written about me?" I asked.

I heard him gulp and then answer, "Er... Yes, it was."
♠ ♠ ♠
Argh... Cliffhanger.

The lyrics in this chapter belong to All Time Low, not me.

Comments make my day, I kid you not.