Status: A better rewrite of 'I Don't Fear The Boogeyman'

You Don't Fear The Boogeyman? You Should

Chapter 3:

(Storm)

Next morning I get up feeling well rested. I go to Jackson's room to wake him up. No point into going to wake Melody shes up before the sun. I see Melody come out of Jackson's room worried.

“ What's wrong Angel-Face?” I ask still some what asleep.

“It's Jackson. Hes in the corner of his bed room repeating the same thing over and over.”

Now I was awake and alert. It sounded like something had scared Jackson out of his mind. My little brother always had nightmares, but never bad enough to paralyze him with fear.

“ What is he saying?”

Melody shrugged at the question. “I don't understand what hes saying. You got to fix him Storm.” I reach for the door; opened it. I glance back at Angel-Face. “ Watch how you say 'fix ' in a sentence. You might sent someone running.”

Melody made a strange face. I went into Jackson's room. Melody was right he was the corner of the room mumbling up a storm. It looked like he been crying. Yep paralyzed with fear. I slowly went over to him. Trying not to startle him.

“Jackson what happen? Buddy? You okay?” I got down to him and softly spoke to clam him. I slowly, but gently touched his shoulder.

“ Speak to me Jackson. What are you trying to say?”

I tried to get him to tell me what was going on. I still can't hear him. I lean closer to hear. What he said astonished me. Melody came into the room.

“ What he say?

That's when Jackson snapped. He cried out, “PITCH! HE WAS HERE!” I rapped my brother in a hug. He started crying.

“ Y-you mean the Boogeyman?” Melody covered her mouth as if she said something she shouldn't have said. I became curious, because mom nor dad came into the room. I turned to Melody.

“Angel-Face? Did you see mom or dad yet?”

She thought about it. “ Come to think of it. No I haven't.” Jackson looked at me with red puffy eyes. “ That's odd at less mother was up before or the same time as Melody. Dad doesn't leave till later.” He said, in a cracking tone.

“You going to be okay?”

“ I'll be fine lets check on mom and dad.”

We go to our parents room. The room was empty. Melody grabbed my arm. In a soft tone asked, “ You think the Boogeyman took them?” I put a hand on her head. I glanced around the room. I saw black sand on the bed. I go over. Picked it up. It slid through my fingers.

I saw the horror on my siblings face. I bit my lower lip. “ Pitch took our parents.” I couldn't even believe what I just said.

Looked back at the younger siblings. “ Lets get dress and go see if there's a trial or something.” We ran into our rooms. I just grabbed my hoodie and jeans that I had on yesterday that I just left on the floor, and put them on. I met with my siblings down stairs. They did what I did .Threw on what they had on yesterday.

We head out the door. There was a surprise, no snow. It was winter. Every morning we get up there be fresh fallen snow on the ground. Not today. It wasn't even cold.

“ What the heck is going on?” Melody gasped at the sight.

It gets even stranger.

“Hello mates.” Some one said. We turn around. It wasn't a someone it was a something. Was that a kangaroo or something. It had grayish blue fur that had a boomerang and egg booms.

“What you want kangaroo?”

“ I'm no kangaroo, I'm the Easter Bunny.”

Next thing I know I'm shoved in a large sack with my brother and sister. Nice we've been captured by a large rabbit with a bunch of large furry things; I think they were yeties, or walking dust mops.

It felt like they threw us. We hit the ground with a thud and we moaned.

We wiggled about till the bag open. Thought this couldn't get stranger, it did. Talk about jaw dropping.