Sequel: Damaged Goods
Status: Sequel is up

We Are the Lovers, We Are the Last of Our Kind

Buried In My Fear

*Vics POV*

So here I lay, in this blindingly white room, with white walls covered in white clothes, not saying a word. I haven’t said a word since I’ve entered this hellhole. No one has heard my voice or seen any emotion from me, which is just the way I like it. Once people see emotion from you they expect you to open up to them, when you do that you become vulnerable and when that happens they hurt you. The loud buzzer sounded, which meant they would unlock the doors and we could roam freely around the asylum. I stayed in bed and ignored the sounds of my roommate Jaime stirring around the room. My eyes were glued to the ceiling above me.

“Vic, get up man, we need to shower,” said an all too cheerful Jaime, he was standing at my bedside practically jumping up and down.

When I first met him I had no idea why he was here, but I realized that he was a schizophrenic. He could change personalities faster than I’ve ever seen before. He was the only person I acknowledged in this place. I didn’t talk to him but I at least made it clear that I could hear him most of the time, and I did that by nodding or looking him directly in the eyes, sometimes I even wrote down things on a piece of paper to tell him.

I stretched my body out, hearing bones cracking as I did. I slowly walked over and pushed the button that opens the door. Jaime followed behind me babbling on about his dream he had last night. I passed by patient after patient, I knew all of their names and I knew a lot about each of them but they knew nothing about me. I got into the changing room and moved to my corner that I usually change in and face the wall so no one can see the front of my body. I hated showering at this time of day because all of the patients were in there at once. There were only 23 of us, all between the ages of 15 to 18 and we were all mentally fucked up. I stripped down to nothing but my boxers and grabbed a large towel wrapping it around all of my upper body, covering all of my scars, some from self-harm and some from other people. Well more like another person.

“Wait up Vic,” Jaime said running to catch up with me while I started heading towards the showers.

Jaime was extremely clingy to me, I was not sure why. I never talked to him, I just wrote things down. He didn't seem to mind much though, he seemed happy with my company.

“There is a new patient coming today.”

I just shrugged in response.

“I hope he’s nice, I was thinking we could be friends with him and show him around, you know, if you want to.”

I just shrugged again. I reached the showers that were sectioned off, thank God, because if not everyone would see my scars. I got in one and closed the curtain finally taking off my boxers and began washing myself. I avoided looking down because when I did I knew I would catch a glimpse of my scars, they made me uglier than I already was. Some of them were just random, and some of them even spelled out words that I used to describe myself. I turn on the water and washed myself over and over again until I felt relatively clean. I stopped the water and leaned against the tiled wall exhaling and collecting my thoughts.

“Everyone out, we need you all to be in the main room to meet the new patient in 10 minutes” I heard one of our counselors named Mitch say.

I quickly dried off and changed into some fresh clothes. I followed the crowd out to the main room with Jaime linking his arm around mine, he does that sometimes. I didn't mind, it made me feel like
I wasn't so alone. We all sat in a circle while we waited for the new guy to come. People were chatting away talking while Jaime stayed at my side telling me about how we could go places together after we get out of here, if we get out of here. Silence fell on the room when Mitch entered the room with a new guy.

“We have someone new here, guys.”

He was small. But slightly bigger than me, his head was down so I couldn’t see his face. He was long black hair with brown highlights that framed his face perfectly and was beautiful in contrast to his pale skin. He slowly looked up with wide eyes. His eyes were the most gorgeous things I’ve ever seen in my life. He opened his mouth as if he was going to speak but then quickly closed it, he was slightly shaking. I was staring him directly in the eyes, my mouth slightly ajar because I was taken back by this seemingly perfect person in front of me. He looked at me as well. I could sense nervousness in his eyes. I pulled a quick smile at him, immediately going back to my emotionless expression afterwards. He blushed slightly and looked back down. I noticed he had a habit of pulling his long sleeves over his hands.

“I’m K-Kellin,” he said.

Even his stutter was perfect.

“Whatcha lookin’ at?” Jaime questioned leaning into my side.

I shook my head vigorously letting him know it was nothing. But that was a lie, it was definitely something. I had to know more about this kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title : La Dispute- Andria

So this is the first chapter, it's starting out slow but it will get better, I promise. c:
Please subscribe and recommend. Thank you.

Oh and suggestions are greatly appreciated. c: