Love Isn't Always Fair

Sixteen

One week later.

I sighed as I leaned back on my couch. Everything around me was turning around. Andy was paying more attention to Ashley than me which is something I feared before going into this relationship.

My mom came over to me and took an empty seat on the couch. "What's wrong honey?"

"Andy," I sighed.

She ran a hand through my black hair. "What happened?"

"Well, I'm actually in a three way relationship right now and Andy is giving more attention to him than me," I admitted.

"Chris, sometimes sharing is caring. Sometimes you can't share what's yours. A relationship is meant for two people, honey. Have you ever seen three people getting married?" she spoke.

A mother always knows best, Jesus.

I smiled at her. "Thanks mom."

"Now go get him back," she said as she got off the couch.

I grabbed my keys out of my room before I started driving to Andy's house. I wasn't surprised when I saw Ashley's car there as well.

Sighing, I got out of my car and went to the door. Here goes nothing.

When I knocked, Andy's mom came to the door. She gave me her warm smile and I returned it.

"Chris, come in," she said as she held the door open for me.

I gave her a hug as she told me they were up in his bedroom, no surprise there. When I got in there I saw Andy straddling someone's waist, their lips moving together. Ashley was behind him and he was touching himself.

... wait, why was Andy kissing someone else? Someone who wasn't me or Ashley.

I cleared my throat and got their attention. Andy looked up at me with a look of horror across his face. He is such a fucking whore.

"Andy, I need to talk to you for a minute," I shakily said. I was almost crying.

He got off his bed and grabbed my waist but I yanked it away. He shut his bedroom door, leaving us in the hallway for privacy.

"I don't even know where to begin, Andy," I admitted. "First off, you act like I don't exist anymore and you're always attached to Ashley. And now I see you making out with some other guy?"

Andy ran his hands through his hair. "Chris, I'm sorry."

"You're a whore. We're fucking done," I said as I walked away from him.

The look on his face broke my heart more but he needed to hear it. Maybe he'd realize what he did to me. I started to wonder if he had been lying to me this whole time.

Lied about liking me since middle school, lied about loving me, everything. His love is a fucking lie.

As soon as I got home, I ran up into my room. I cried my eyes out. My best friend of many years was gone, just like that.

And he didn't even care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next morning in school.

Since we had a shared locker, I decided that I would move back to the one that was assigned to me. I haven't seen Andy yet and I didn't want to. I haven't told anyone about the breakup yet, I knew that would be the biggest discussion today.

When I was done moving my shit in my locker, Ricky found me. He tapped on my shoulder and I looked back at him.

"Yeah?" I asked.

He gave me a confused look. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Nothing?" I questioned, closing my new locker.

He shoved his ipod in his pocket before walking the halls with me. "Did something happen with you and Andy?"

"We broke up," I muttered.

"No," he gasped. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I lost it. I cried into his shoulder, his grip got tighter around me. "I'm so sorry Chris."

Ricky dragged us into the nearest bathroom and wiped my face clean with his sleeve. "I'm here for you whenever you need to talk about it."

"Thanks Rick," I smiled at him.

He returned my smile and walked toward the door. "Come on, class starts in 5."

I walked out with him and we walked to our first period class. He had gym and I had science. When I got in there, I saw a substitute teacher. That means we probably won't be doing much today so I silently cheered to myself.

I got into my seat and grabbed my notebook out. Flipping to an empty page, I started writing random stuff down.

If I cut off my hand and gave it to you, would you hold it then?

This love, I sealed it with a kiss.
This love has long been over.
You're so evil in your own little way,
it's so hard to believe you.

It's about time I expose you,
you and the piece of shit you call a fucking heart.
There's just one thing wrong, my love.
I wouldn't trust you with my life.

My heart is a time bomb, only seconds to go.
Self destructing as my chest explodes.
My heart is a time bomb and I thought you should know,
you're killing me quickly but it feels so slow.


Before I knew it, the bell went off. I went to my locker and got my math book out. To make things worse, Andy is in math with me. I thought about skipping but my grade is already bad enough.

As soon as I got to class, I saw Andy in the back of the room with his face in his hands. I sat toward the front and waited for class to begin.

Halfway through class, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I grabbed it out and saw an unread text message.

Batman<3: Chris, please just let me explain..

I turned my head and looked at my ex boyfriend. He looked awful. His hair was extremely nappy, there were dark circles under his eyes, and his eyes weren't the crystal shade of blue that they once were. I couldn't decide if he deserves another chance or not.

Turning my attention back to my phone, I replied to him.

Me: You've got 5 minutes after class.

He's so fucking lucky I'm nice.

Once class was over, I shoved my books in my arms and got out of my seat. In a matter of seconds, Andy was grabbing my free hand and dragging me out of class.

We went into the bathroom and he clung to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He cried into my chest. I wasn't going to give into him so easily, he needed to win my trust again.

"Chris, I'm so sorry," he sobbed.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and he nuzzled his face into my neck. We sat there for a few minutes before he looked up at me.

"I broke up with Ashley. Chris, I only want you," he said as he looked into my eyes, detaching himself from me.

"Andy, we're definitely friends again but I just, I don't know if I can trust you again," I admitted.

He looked down, avoiding eye contact with me. I put my hands on his face and made him look at me. I looked down at his plump lips before I leaned closer, placing my lips on his.

Pulling away almost immediately, Andy had tears in his eyes. "If we're not together, please don't do that to me."

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "Come on, let's go to lunch."
♠ ♠ ♠
I brought the drama oooonnnn
And I wanted to apologize for my absence

But anyway, as some of you know I went to warped tour last weekend. It was the best day of my entire life. I saw a few bands and I met Black Veil Brides. I got high fives from Ashley and Andy c: I was literally shaking because I was so nervous and Andy realized it, he smiled at me and I thought I was gonna faint. We made eye contact. His eyes are so pretty <33 and his hands are ridiculously soft... o.o

Chapter title credit: Not the American Average by Asking Alexandria