Status: Active

Young and Reckless.

Us.

I lay on my bed, ignoring my phone that continued to buzz. I heard the front door open and ignored it, surely it was just Kennedy. I rolled over in bed and pulled the blankets over my head, hoping he would just assume that I was sleeping. My door creaked open and I stayed quiet.

“Cae.”

I shot up from under the blankets, there was Levi. He came back.

“Hey.” I whispered.

He didn’t walk into the room; he just leaned on the door frame. I flipped the blanket off of me and stood up.

“Just sit.” Levi stated.

I eyed him warily but did as he said. I sat on the bed and braced myself for what I assumed was going to happen. Break up.

“I’m sorry for flipping out. I’ve just been under a lot of stress.” He said.

I nodded for him to continue, he didn’t. Instead he sat his phone on my desk and sat in the chair.

I sighed, “It’s fine.”

A smile formed on his lips. He stood up and walked towards the door, “Mind if I grab a snack?”

“No it’s cool.” I shrugged.

I watched him leave the room and heard his steps falter. I glanced at the desk and saw his phone light up. Do I want to be that girl? I questioned myself. No. It lit up again. Fuck it, I’m being that girl.

I jumped out of bed and checked the door; Levi was still in the kitchen. I practically ran to the desk and flipped open his phone. The messages were from his friend Shane. I couldn’t help but feel stupid. I bypassed those messages, making sure that they weren’t opened. Instead of admitting defeat, I continued through his messages. One name caught my eye, Dahlia. That was the girl Levi was talking to before he and I started to date. I opened the messages and immediately enraged.

I’ll be over in a bit. I’m heading back to Cade’s. –Levi

Eww. Dump her. Hurry over. –Dee

I wanted to punch her.

I know baby. It’ll be soon. I should’ve picked you over her. –Levi

Well you are now ;) –Dee

I slammed the phone shut and walked downstairs. Levi was standing in my kitchen, shoving a sandwich in his face. It took everything in me not to punch him.

“What’s up babe?” Levi questioned.

I gained my composure, “Kennedy called me, he needs a ride from band practice. There’s something wrong with his battery.”

Levi nodded, “Oh alright then.”

I grabbed my keys from the island, “I brought down your phone for you.”

He smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards him. He leaned down and placed a small kiss on my lips. I waited for him to pull away.

“I’ll try to stop by soon.” He said, walking away.

I followed him out the front door. I watched him drive away. I floored it to John’s. I really needed to talk to him. John always knew what to say or do. He was what I needed.

To: John Oh! (:
I’m heading over. Really need to talk.


I stopped at the stop sign by his house and my phone started buzzing like crazy. I quickly grabbed it and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Cae, what’s wrong?” John’s voice was sincere.

“I’m almost to your house. I’ll tell you then.” I stated.


I hung up the phone before he could reply.

______________________________________________________________________

|John|

I sighed as I heard the other end of the line go silent. Something was definitely going on with Cade, she sounded hurt. It took a lot to hurt her; she had grown so strong over the past few years. It was almost like she was a new Cade. That was probably my fault. I broke her and she had to pretend as if nothing happened. I heard someone clear their throat and I saw Cade standing in the doorway. I jumped up and walked towards her.

Cade wrapped her arms around me and laid her head on my chest. This was normal, but I could tell that she needed to be soothed. I held her tightly.

“He’s cheating on me.” She whispered.

I placed a kiss on her forehead, “I’m so sorry.”

She pulled away from me and paced around my room, “I felt so terrible that you and I shared a drunken kiss and that asshole is cheating on me.” Her voice was rising, “With Dahlia.” The way Cade said her name; it was as if she were spitting daggers.

Cade turned to face me. She strode towards me. Her eyes stared into mine. I watched as she stood on her tip toes and leaned forward. I knew what was happening and I had no intentions of stopping her. Her lips met mine and I instantly kissed back. She wrapped her arms around my neck, mine snaked around her waist. I pulled her into me, our bodies pressed up against each other. She parted her lips slightly, allowing me to slide my tongue in. She ran her hands through my hair and pulled. I pushed her against the wall. My lips moved to her neck. I sucked and nibbled slightly, causing her to moan. That sound drove me wild. I realized then what I was doing. I pulled away from her.

“Cade I’m sorry.” I whispered.

She smiled at me, “John, I want to be with you again.”

I stared at her, “Are you sure?”

Cade nodded.

“We have to keep it a secret.” I stated.

Her smile widened, “I knew you would say that, which is why I didn’t break up with Levi. He’s our cover.”

I didn’t like that idea. She was going to stay with him after that.

“I don’t want him touching you.” I half yelled.

She stepped towards me, “John, I’m still a virgin.”

My eyebrow rose, “You are?”

“Yes. I promise you nothing will happen with Levi. It’s you and me.” She replied, smiling her gorgeous smile.

“Us.”