Sequel: If Not For You
Status: Being cleaned up--currently on chapter 2

Secrets And Lies

Arielle Eirlys Ross-Smithinson

Ryan's POV

Oh my god.

My sister is having a CHILD!!

Please excuse my fangirly screams.

So, in case you haven't guessed, right now I'm in Chicago, Illinois, and I am standing outside of Emma's hospital room with Ray, while Angeline is inside with Emma, who's in labor, and is giving birth to their child (Ray's and Emma's, not Angeline and Emma's. No, my sisters are straight!!!). I look over at Ray. "How ya feeling?" I ask him. The poor guy is sweating slightly, and he looks so nervous.

"I'm scared, Ryan," he admits. See, that's what I love about this guy. He's so open, he's not afraid to show his feelings, or say his feelings, either. "I'm scared that I'm going to be a bad father, or that the baby's gonna hate me, or Emma, my poor Emma, won't be able to recover from this, or-"

"Ray," I interrupted. "You are the most loving, protective person in the whole world. You're going to be a fantastic father. Your baby is not, I repeat, not, gonna hate you. I can promise you that. Emma's tough, she'll be fine. Ray, take a deep breath. You're going to be a father, an excellent one at that!"

Ray does as I ask and inhales slowly. Then he smiles. "I know, I'm such a worry-wart...but at the same time, I'm so excited. Emma and I, we're gonna have a family!!!! Oh, this is gonna be so cool....how long does this take?" He looks at his watch, impatient. He's never been around when someone's having a baby, so he doesn't know that it takes for-fucking-ever.

"Eh, it takes a long time...a really, really long time." I smile as he groans. "Haha, you know, I remember when Angeline was being born, that took a helluva long time, it was like, 3 hours or something like that..."

Ray groans even louder. "Three hours? I can't wait three more minutes...why do they make us wait out here, anyway?"

I shrug. "I don't have a fucking clue."

Suddenly, the door to Emma's room opens. "Mr. Ross-Smithinson?" A nurse asks. Yeah, independent Emma kept her last name, but took on Ray's last name, too. He did the same. How sweet!! Maybe me and Brendon one day...no, don't think about Brendon. Focus!

Ray looks up at the sound of his name. "Yes?"

"Come here. Mr. Ross, you can come, too." The nurse ushers us into the room.

There, in the hospital bed, looking extremely disheveled, is my sister, holding a little bundle, with a bit of a face just barely peeking out. The blanket is pink. A girl. Oh my god. My sister just had a baby girl.

Ray takes one look at his new born girl, and tears spill down his cheeks. "Oh my god, Emma..." He comes close to his wife and gently pushes back the corner of the blanket that is covering his child's face. Emma is cradling her so close to her, and it's all just so loving. I stand with Angeline, just watching it all unfold. So sweet...
~~~
(A few hours later)
~~~
They've decided on a name. And here I stand holding my niece, Arielle Eirlys Ross-Smithinson. And she is the most gorgeous, perfect, purest thing I have ever seen in my whole entire life. She has beautiful green eyes, just like her mother, and dark skin, like her father. She's six pounds, ten ounces, and 14 inches long. She's absolutely beautiful.

I took a picture of her, her mother, and her father on my cell phone, and I sent it to my Brenny, along with Joncer. They all texted me back, saying that that picture was one of the most beautiful things they have ever seen.

I couldn't agree more.