Sequel: If Not For You
Status: Being cleaned up--currently on chapter 2

Secrets And Lies

I Chime In...

Brendon's POV (This is the start of the day that Arielle was born)

I am so fucking bored. How the hell am I supposed to go through the whole day like this???? It's only eleven in the morning. Maybe Joncer will want to hang with me today. I hope so...I can't stand this boredom.

I walk over to the fridge to grab out a can of Red Bull. I swear, I would have no energy if it wasn't for this. Shyeah, I know, I'm a vegetarian, but come on, this stuff is amazing!!!!

I walk back up to mine and Ryan's bedroom, place my Red Bull on the bedside table, and flop onto the bed on Ryan's side, inhaling the smell of him that was still on his pillow. Mmmm, it smells like a mixture of cologne and cherry flavoring, with a little bit of mint. It took me ten minutes to break it down like that, and I still don't think I have it all right. I’m missing something.

After a half hour of trying to figure out why Ryan smells like that (the cologne is obvious, but the rest, I'm not sure of), I walk back downstairs with my can of Red Bull to see Joncer making out in the kitchen. Instead of bugging them like I normally would, I just walk back out into the living room, where I turn on Fuse. Best music channel ever. I watch the rest of the Green Day Loaded episode, and was shocked when the next Loaded was of us. Panic at the Disco. So, naturally, I yelled at Joncer to get their asses over here, and we watched it. It was pretty funny, ’cuase I would sing it under my breath, Spencer would air-drum( have you ever seen Spencer air-drum?? It's hilarious, ’cause it really looks like he would be drumming if he had drumsticks, he headbands and taps his foot and everything. It's really funny), and Jon just rocked out and laughed when he remembered something from when we made the video.

It was really funny when I Write Sins Not Tragedies came on, because just a year ago, we had been so SICK of the song, and now we were so SICK of Nine In The Afternoon, that I Write Sins was a nice change.

I began shouting the lyrics.

I chime in with a haven't you people ever heard of
Closing the goddamn door,
NO?!
It's better to face these kind of things
With a sense of poise and rationality.


I had been so into my singing that I hadn't realized that Jon had left his spot, and it wasn't until I looked at the doorway that I saw him standing there, with his cell phone outstretched toward me, and I heard laughter coming from the cell phone. Goddamnit, it must be on speakerphone, and someone besides Joncer was listening to me sing. That laugh sounds so familiar.....hey!!!

"RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I scream as loud as I can. "JON GIMMIE THE PHONE GIMMIE THE PHONE!" Jon held the phone away from me, and my voice now sounds all deep and scary. "GIMMIE THE PHONE OR DIE, BITCH!"

"HEY, that's MY BOYFRIEND you just called a bitch, you bastard!" Spencer tackled me and I started freaking out.

"NO SPENCER GET OFFA ME I'LL KILL YOU MY RYRY IS ON THAT FUCKING CELL PHONE AND I NEED TO TALK TO HIM RIGHT NOW YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON'T GET OFFA ME RIGHT NOW MISTER!" Yes, I really want to talk to my Ry.

Spencer finally gets the hell off of me, and I grab the phone from Jon. "Ryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I miss you." I whined into the phone.

He laughs. "I miss you too, babe, why didn't you answer your cell?"

My cell? "I didn't hear it ring..." I am confused. Why didn't my phone go off? I search through my pockets. Not finding it there, I tell Ry that I don't have it on me.

"Really? Where is it, then?"

"I don't know, Ry."

"Check our bedroom." I love the way the words sounded all together like that. ‘Specially the "our bedroom" part.

I race up the stairs to our bedroom, and look through it. "It's not here, either, Ry." I'm starting to get worried. What if I left it somewhere? A fan could have it now, and they could be calling anyone on there...ohhhh god.

I hear a snickering coming from downstairs. "Hey, Ry, I think I just found it." I say to my lovely.

"Joncer?" He asks, a slight laugh to his voice.

"Exactly."

I race back down the stairs, to find Spencer hiding something behind his back. "Spenc, gimmie the phone, or die you shalt."

"Die you shalt? Oh, come on, Bren!!" I hear my boyfriend complain into the phone. "You can think of something better than that."

"Actually, no, Ryry, I can't," I say as I grab the phone from Spencer, who had thought I wasn't paying attention and was giving it to Jon. "But, I did get the gorg-ey picture you sent me. Arielle is absolutely beautiful."

"I know, so perfect, so pure...I just can't believe it. Emma, the troublemaker, the person we thought out of all three of us would end up divorced three times and never have any children, is the first to get married and have a child. Who wouldda thought?" His voice is full of emotion, I could tell he's on the verge of happy tears. To tell the truth, I am, too.

"When are you coming home, babe?" I try to switch the conversation, and it works.

"As soon as Emma and Ray are alright with it. I should be home late evening, hopefully. By tomorrow for sure." His voice is now full of care and love.

"Alright, baby, I'll see you then. Call me when your on your way, okay?"

"Alright, I love you."

"I love you, too, beautiful."

I waited for him to hang up before I did.